It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large metal ball dropped from the sky - scrap or....?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Do they celebrate New Years eve early in Namibia?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
In all seriousness, though, this appears to be manmade, yes?

Maybe aliens have them lenses over their eyes because they do a lot of welding?

I'd say it did fall from the sky. As a result of those nearby explosions.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
looks like a bearing of some sort,and by the sides it seems like it runs on channels and broke off in the explosion.well i guesss nasa will let us know soon enough.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It looks like a fuel tank for a satellite, hydrazine or something like that for trajectory changes.

spectrum.ieee.org...
edit on 22-12-2011 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Maybe space debris is falling back to Earth due to something effecting the gravity and magnetics of Earth device orbit layers???

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
It's a standard marine marker buoy.Don't know how it got to be that far from the sea though,but remember the story about the skeleton wearing a wetsuit found in a tree many miles from any water? This was later found out to be a diver picked up by a waterspout from the sea,carried inland and then dropped into the tree when the storm lost it's power.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Perhaps another Mythhap?
edit on 22-12-2011 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ckno1

That is really weird! It's odd to me that if it's space junk, then why wasn't it damaged at all in the fall. That's a long way to fall, and that would have to be some super strong metal to not be damaged at all. I wonder if it's empty or if there is something inside of it. Things that make you go hmmmm!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
If it is welded together than it's definitely man-made.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ckno1

It's a buoy, a marine float. Buoy
Namibia is a coastal country.

What evidence is there that this fell from the sky? Explosive sounds heard five days before this find? This small, hollow buoy certainly didn't make a 12' wide crater and I doubt it fell from anywhere except maybe the bed of a truck.

You translated and pasted external content without EX tags, do you have any of your own comments?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I found your thread while searching to see if this story was already up. I'll post my link up as it's different news.yahoo.com... The metal is a type we can make and these things have been dropping over Australia, Africa, and South America for over 20 years according to the article.
edit on 22-12-2011 by Silverado292 because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Fuel tank from a satellite.

Because they are hollow and tend to spin on reentry they are a part that survives.
www.flickr.com...
orbitaldebris.jsc.nasa.gov...
n.i.uol.com.br...
blogs.orlandosentinel.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Just an ordinary buoy that was in the water minding its own business when a fast-surfacing USO smacked it into an inland trajectory.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by ckno1

Elenin !
Second linya.

He's not that round.

... and out stepped the tiny Anunaki who cried "surrender, for we come to take all your gold and to enslave the Earth", but were rapidly snapped up by ants for food.

... end of the world postponed until the next time...

edit on 22/12/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I wonder if its a test brilliant pebble??

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I though buoy's were all plastic for many decades now, and not many completely spherical at all, and besides this one has what appears to be the remains of inlet and outlet pipes, a sure sign of a fuel cell of some kind. The other thing is, there is a serious shortage of barnacles

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

He's not that round.

I'm sure he appreciates you saying that Chro. Poor mans comet just faded into obscurity taking him with it.
Back where hence forth comest ye he.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Who painted that nut? Gee, now the pic is even more close up. How come you re-did the pic anyways? Not close enough for the word LARGE BALL. How about, "small NUT". I heard trolls eat their nuts to make them happy. What tree did this NUT fall from?
Why does A.T.S remind me of the ENQUIRER? Inquiring minds want to know.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverado292
I found your thread while searching to see if this story was already up. I'll post my link up as it's different news.yahoo.com... The metal is a type we can make and these things have been dropping over Australia, Africa, and South America for over 20 years according to the article.
edit on 22-12-2011 by Silverado292 because: Spelling

I'm not sure if it was the same for everyone, but that link above was broken. I did find the story..
Link to Yahoo version of article

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

You're right it's broken thanks for putting up a working link

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join