It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim baby born after affair adopted out to stop ‘honour killing’ by grandfather

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
news.nationalpost.com...

If the child’s maternal grandfather found out about the affair “it would be a matter of intense almost unimaginable shame to him and his family,” said the judge.

The appeal court said on Wednesday: “It was plainly the judge’s view that this might provoke action to preserve the family’s honour.”

I am ENRAGED that this is the solution. How is this for cow-towing to some fracking barbaric bs.

THIS is now PRECEDENT. I want to spit.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Un-planned and un-wanted pregnancies are such a tragedy, poor baby.

I do not see how a baby can be a muslim when it has no religious beliefs.

Namaste

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Yeah, it sucks and is awful, but really, I think it is better than the baby being killed....

I can't imagine doing that to any baby for any reason. I know its a different culture, but to me, killing their family members.Killing babies.That is what gives their family a bad name....

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Threegirls

Namaste

Well, they are not born Islamic but you know that is how a baby tends to be raised. What the parents believe, the baby is taught.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
SMH.
What kind of animal wants to kill a baby.
That's a croc of crap.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Yes, I agree with both of your posts, gave you a star.

It's semantics maybe but I still don't think a baby can be called Muslim, by definition. A child yes but a baby, no.

At least baby has a good home and parents who love her and she is attached to, that is important.

Namaste

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Let me get this straight the authorities think that the grandfather will commit MURDER and the only solution is to have the baby adopted?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Ah yes, the religion of peace once again showing its ass...

There should indeed be an honor killing here - the grandfather.

Also, the court can redeem itself if they were to let a non-muslim family adopt the baby...a 2 fir!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
The Spartans used to kill a baby that didn't look strong enough to be a future soldier. And we make movies honouring them. Just sayin'...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by Threegirls

Namaste

Well, they are not born Islamic but you know that is how a baby tends to be raised. What the parents believe, the baby is taught.

Wrong. You are born into Islam. Choice isn't optional. Leaving is punishable upto death.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
The Spartans used to kill a baby that didn't look strong enough to be a future soldier. And we make movies honouring them. Just sayin'...

Strawman dances, hay flies everywhere.

Why yes. A movie about a small group that existed for a small amount of time several thousand years ago, is EXACTLY like this travesty of cultural and judicial stupidity.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Strawman dances, hay flies everywhere.

Why yes. A movie about a small group that existed for a small amount of time several thousand years ago, is EXACTLY like this travesty of cultural and judicial stupidity.

Not exactly, no. But it is similar. A baby not up to standard brings dishonor and must be killed. At least the Spartans had the excuse of being ancient...

(BTW, Sparta was not a "small group" who "existed for a small amount of time". I think you need to brush up on your ancient history.)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Yep. Just exactly the same as modern Britain.

Thank you for clarifying how you make this okay.

I am so glad to know that you are all so happy to accept this fabulous contribution to the cultural mosaic, and make room for it in the justice system. I'm sure your grandchildren will appreciate your great contribution to tolerance, and understanding shaping their societies' boundaries.

I know *I* am proud of you. Right upstanding citizens, making excuses for it based on long dead cultures and people enjoying movies.

edit on 2011/12/21 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

edit on 2011/12/21 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Welcome to Planet Earth

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
It obviously a big deal for an unwed Muslim girl to have a child out of wedlock so why didn't she a least use some sort of precaution? Having the affair was bad enough in the eyes of her community but it seems she was just reckless. Especially as she is in favor of giving the child up for adoption just so her family doesn't find out!

I feel sorry for the father who was at least prepared look after his child but wasn't allowed to by the courts.

edit on 21-12-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I am ENRAGED that this is the solution. How is this for cow-towing to some fracking barbaric bs.

Seems like it was to be expected once Britain adopted Sharia law...

And it may be coming to America soon too

Federal Appeals Court Considers Sharia Law - ABC News
abcnews.go.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Yeah, it sucks and is awful, but really, I think it is better than the baby being killed....

I can't imagine doing that to any baby for any reason. I know its a different culture, but to me, killing their family members.Killing babies.That is what gives their family a bad name....

You shouldn't have to say, I know its another culture. Evil is evil. There is no chance I will defend the Nazi's promotion of Sharia under banna and not call this beyond belief primitive regressive Saturnist, Edonist/dark star, because ancients never meant the Sun when they said sun or SOl, they meant Saturn, horns and all, crapola like its is. Hellzone stuff run by demons.
edit on 21-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Thank you for clarifying how you make this okay.

I know *I* am proud of you. Right upstanding citizens, making excuses for it based on long dead cultures and people enjoying movies.

Huh? I don't think it's "okay". In fact, I think it's disgraceful and I'm certainly not making excuses for it. I simply pointed out a similarity with ancient Spartan culture.

I don't see what you got from my posts that indicates I agree with Muslims killing babies (or Spartans, for that matter). Sorry, I think you're a little confused.
edit on 21-12-2011 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
How is this really any different then Christians throwing a pregnant daughter or gay child out of the house and their life?

Their is more ways of "killing" your own child - - then actual physical death.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
How is this really any different then Christians throwing a pregnant daughter or gay child out of the house and their life?

Their is more ways of "killing" your own child - - then actual physical death.

OH. Accepting honour killings is JUST LIKE shunning.

You're right.

I currently have two options. I can hack a head off....or tell you to get out of my house.

I'm sure you'll understand, that hacking your head off is equivalent. Would you like to volunteer for one over the other?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join