It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any ATS members from Iowa or the surrounding area?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
If so, what is the sentiment there towards the upcoming caucuses (who are they supporting), and do you think Ron Paul has a legitimate shot of winning Iowa?

The reason I am asking is that the media isn't reliable on getting an accurate view of the situation. According to them, Gingrich is surging in the polls, but I have yet to meet a Newt Gingrich supporter. A few people don't even know who he is!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
There was a member that was from Iowa but I don't think he is very active here.

I do phone banking and this is the sentiment I'm getting.

Many people are not sure who they're voting for but the Ron Paul people (despite bumping into them less commonly) back him solidly.

A lot of people like Ron (some have told me they LOVE him) but think he cannot make it to the nomination so they end up with the Mitts, the Newts...etc... But the seed has been planted, I believed it in theory but its good to get vindication that people do have that inkling inside to be a Ron Paul voter and/or supporter.

As many now know, Ron Paul has the best efforts in Iowa, he has the most boots on the ground, the most eager troops and is organized and ready for war.

All of his HQ's are full of volunteers phone banking while the others...well...only paid staffers and even with them their HQ's look empty and lifeless.

Nobody can deny Ron's ground efforts, not even the MSM.

Ron also has the best organization across the entire nation. Not even Obama can get this many volunteers to work for him energetically.

If Ron keeps his front runner status all the way to the Iowa Caucus, he could very well win it. And if he wins Iowa, it will awaken the sleeper supporters that didn't think he could win but are now on board because he has proven his electability.

You guys could help phone banking too, its just interesting to hear everybody's opinions, perspectives, and their worries for this country.

Yesterday I talked to a lady that was genuinely worried about the wars because her son was a marine, she wanted them all to end soshe didn't have to watch him going off into the unknown. She was undecided and said her son loved Ron Paul. There are real people out there with real concerns...who said the GOP voters won't back Ron? if anything, he is the perfect candidate, he has something for everyone.
edit on 20-12-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

I live in Iowa. Every time I mention Ron Paul I get a couple head shakes. I guess I'm not quite sure how I could tell you if majority here like him or not. I support Dr. Paul.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jeenyus2008

lol, head shakes as in "yes i like him" or "no i don't"?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

As in they don't like him. People around here do not seem very intelligent. The motto for around here would be, "Out of sight, out of mind." There's not much to do here so every loves their drama instead of reading a good book/learning. Sorry I didn't clarify.
edit on 20-12-2011 by jeenyus2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Ron Paul is an obvious candidate for POTUS, and should be elected if we care about the future of our country. IMO.

new topics

top topics

join