It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BEWARE! The 'Dictator Magnus': What does America really want?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
@ the USA: It disturbs me on a day to day basis to see the US government meddling in foreign affairs, filling it's own people with paranoia and apparently trying to take over the world as if they are the perfect role models for modern society.

I could reel off a list as long as Mr Tickle's arms of things that I don't like about American people but I won't because I could do the same for my fellow Brits and that's a separate issue

I want to know if the Americans in general really believe that they are superior to the rest of the planet or if this is a bad image portrayed by the media, internet trolls and the government to the outside world. Are you victims of propaganda and negative media which the likes of Hitler used in the last century? Maybe all the conspiracies on this site stem from insecurities relating to this. You feel you can trust nobody and in actual fact, the life you are living every day is a part of this big plan. If this is true, only you can stop this by opening up to the rest of the world and accepting 'maybe you were wrong'.

What do you want to see happen in the world? Would you prefer to concentrate on your own problems and the improvement of American life and let other countries carry out their own destiny or do you want to see all nations that don't agree with the Americanised version of life, de-constructed and eventually run by the US. The way things are going, it looks as though we (the 'western world' and puppets of the US) could be removing many dictators to be replaced with one Dictator Magnus (Great Dictator).. the first President of the New world order controlled by the old US 'elite'.

Ignorance is alive and well and America seems to carry it so well.

Please do not take this as being an anti-American post aimed at upsetting you guys, it's not. I have respect for you (the ones who aren't fighting for world domination) but there are many deluded people who truly believe that America rules the world. I'm not here to try and rile people, I just want to know EXACTLY how the majority of American citizens feel. Please open up and refrain from turning this into a thread about which 'race' should rule the world which it could quite easily do. Remember, we are all humans controlled by different ideologies.

edit on 20-12-2011 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2011 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Id rather the world focused on its own problems instead of blaming us for everything under the sun. Starting with people on ats.

edit on 20-12-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nephalim
Id rather the world focused on its own problems instead of blaming us for everything under the sun. Starting with people on ats.

Isn't that kind of ironic? How can the world focus on it's own problems when the US (et al) is jumping all over them?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty

Isn't that kind of ironic? How can the world focus on it's own problems when the US (et al) is jumping all over them?

How can we not focus on everyone else if no one will let us be?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Ignorance is alive and well and America seems to carry it so well.

Please do not take this as being an anti-American post aimed at upsetting you guys, it's not...

Oh brother.... contradict yourself much?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I think America is in a unique position on the world stage but I do not think we are better than everyone else in the world. Sometimes I feel like it is "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" for us. I'm certainly not playing the victim here, and I do feel we have gone into countries unnecessarily, but then we hear the cries of "Why aren't you responding to the situation in (insert country)?"

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

How can we not focus on everyone else if no one will let us be?

I don't understand. Who is not letting you be? I'm not trying to be clever, I genuinely want to know how you feel. Can you expand?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
As an Ithacan-Earthling I couldn't care less I'm American, but I tell ya what, watch The Daily Show and South Park. The Americans that watch those shows do not provide canned laughter for The Government Show.

To the rest of the world - some of us hate our government more than you can imagine.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Dude... you should brush up on world history just a wee bit... it wasn't all that long ago when a certain Prime Minister was literally begging the US president to intervene in WWII.

OH BTW - GTFO of Ireland and then we can discuss America's meddling in foreign affairs. What a tool...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
I think America is in a unique position on the world stage but I do not think we are better than everyone else in the world. Sometimes I feel like it is "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" for us. I'm certainly not playing the victim here, and I do feel we have gone into countries unnecessarily, but then we hear the cries of "Why aren't you responding to the situation in (insert country)?"

Do you think that this is down to an expectation of America jumping in to save the day just because they usually do. At one time they were a major economic power, now the economic world is different so is this expectation still valid?

I am genuinely curious and don't have a solid opinion on this (hence possibly contradicting myself in my OP) would the world be a better place eventually if there was intervention only when things got to crisis point or do we need someone continuously jumping in at the bat of an eyelid?

It's almost like how things are interpreted in general conversation. It's not what you say, it's how you say it.. well with your guys its more a case of not 'what' you do but 'HOW' you do it. That's what upsets people in my 'opinion' (God I'm confusing myself now)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

Dude... you should brush up on world history just a wee bit... it wasn't all that long ago when a certain Prime Minister was literally begging the US president to intervene in WWII.

OH BTW - GTFO of Ireland and then we can discuss America's meddling in foreign affairs. What a tool...

Did I not say that Britain was a 'separate issue'? I know Britain's got major problems in the World arena but I know more about us than I do about you. That is why I'm asking... 'Dude'.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I do wonder myself, it's quite hard for us outside of the US to get a handle on what things are like inside the states. We see Fox news, and thats about it... So its not all that surprising people tend to get a bad impression of your country! (Same as how we only see Press TV and Russia today from Iran and Russia, but I've gotta be honest, Fox is worse than both of them lol)

/Oh before anyone tells the OP he should be thankful he isn't speaking German (always happens) We actually got charged by our 'allies' for all that help:

"Upon the final payments, the UK will have paid back a total of $7.5bn (£3.8bn) to the US".

So as off 29/12/06 American cannot use that line any more

--> Hahaha I was to late, some nob jockeys already said it

edit on 20-12-2011 by MaxSteiner because: Someone proved my point before I could type it, these threadsare so predictable

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Generalizations aside, I as a American, do not feel superior to anyone. As for our interference on the world stage, I think the situation is a double edge sword. We are damned if we do and damned if we don't. I am unhappy with my government. I believe the Reps, Senators, Judges and POTUS need to all be replaced in their next election and preferrably with people who are not politicians, judge, lawyer, military....etc. as their only profession. I will be voting new politicians in to office next election.....local, state and federal.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

It wasn't all that long ago that you were being colonized by us...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Well, personally I feel that any human rights violations justify an immediate response by any country that is in a position to offer aid. I feel that where the discontent stems from is in the fact that we seemingly only assist countries where there is something to gain for it and ignore the others. I can't really argue the morality of that thinking because the other side of the coin is...If you use your resources (money, weapons, troops, etc.) where you will not see a return then you are jeopardizing them and your country becomes vulnerable. Where is the morality in that decision?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaxSteiner
reply to post by Blarneystoner

It wasn't all that long ago that you were being colonized by us...

Some were British loyalists but most weren't... and those that remained loyalists quickly found themselves in peril.

My point here is that Brits and Yanks aren't all that different from each other with regards to a globalist agenda. And anyone who wishes to point their finger across the pond should be taking a very long look in the mirror.

It just rubs me the wrong way when some wanker decides he needs to post a thread here claiming Americans are ignorant when that person has no idea just how ignorant he sounds in the first place....

Whatever... carry on with your discussion....

edit on 20-12-2011 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 20-12-2011 by MaxSteiner because: Sorry posted twice somehow

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

You're one of the few developed nations on the planet with a death sentence, so by that rational we should invade Texas, since that is a human rights abuse.
However sovereign nations shouldn't have their affairs meddled in by other countries in an ideal world diplomacy should be used.

Alot of the abuses of Sovereign nations are carried out with the express cooperation of other western nations.Libya's enforced regime change for example. (And the countries which were involved in that have made LOADS of money from oil and reconstruction contracts).

I think some of the hard feelings of late may stem from the way Bush handled this sort of thing though. Afghanistan and Iraq required the cooperation of several countries, but the bulk of reconstruction and oil contracts went to US companies. Obama at least seems to share the 'wealth' amongst those involved.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Most Americans don't realise how we are perceived around the world; even more don't care.

Americans don't want our nation to be the police of the world, but also feel that other nations should simply do what we tell them to...because, after all, we're the police of the world and if it wasn't for us they would all be speaking German or Japanese or Russian or Chinese right now.

Basically, the problem is, Americans want all the rights of being the world leader without any of the responsibilities.

But, of course this varies depending on the side of the admittedly short but imaginatively broad political spectrum the individual you speak to is on.

Me, I'm on the left as an American.
I have travelled and lived in England for a few years.
My wife is British.
My child is a dual citizen.
We now live Stateside.

I don't think America is better.
I know that America is far from it.
We are only a leader in "-if you can afford it."
But I wish we were better; I wish we were the best.
I wish America would be more European.
I wish we could get beyond the rediculous Fundamentalist beliefs that dominate our political and economic system.
I wish America would get beyond the "rugged individualist" ideology that dominates our beliefs, because it is dragging us and the world back to the Gilded/Victorian Era.

But I wouldn't call my beliefs "typically" American,

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I hold no reservation about what the OP said, except one.....its not the united states....its a powerful group of families that have no nationality or common creed with the rest of the world...we look at our nation as the center of events, when in reality these people look at the world as a whole. These people are in constant cohesion beyond all nationalisitc agendas....the world is divided up among them for rulership....presidents and leaders of state are baught and paid for or at least related to them.

It is a genetic line still traceable to the ancient past. Having maintained a historical memory they have been in a position of advantage as far as information....true knowledge....hidden away by them and others because of its path to awsome power....not magic....or silly stuff....Real power....over people´s wills, over nature, over all that is this world...

They have the keys to the world....only because they failed to hold them in trust....for us....
We are to inherit the earth....this they disagree with....so that is why we are their enemies...and why some of our greatest blood lines have perished....

Illicit economics (banking), military strength, religious manipulation....all tools well known from our unknown past....indeed our unknown present.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join