It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling All in the Southern Hemisphere. The Crazily Bright Star. What is it? PHOTOS

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I know which object in the sky you speak of. I've noticed for the last few years and it seems to be getting brighter. This particular object is now so bright that you can see it even when it is right next to a bright street light or the chemtrail haze is blocking the rest of the objects in the sky. This should be the sticking point. Some stars are brighter than others, but when one is so bright that you can see it even when nothing else in the sky is visible, then we have something to be concerned about.

I have noticed this "star" getting brighter in the sky over the last few years as you have, one thing I can say about any object in the night sky getting brighter is that it isn't good news.

This falls in the same category as chemtrails though. Even though it's something everyone can see for themselves, most will just look away because the truth is too scary.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by gort51
As people have said, Venus sets a few hours after the Sun, and is very bright at the moment, Jupiter is the other bright object overhead. Venus has a Yellowy tinge, Jupiter has a bluey tinge, cant miss Mars, it has a reddy tinge.
Planets do not twinkle or sparkle, they only reflect the Suns rays, they do not produce light.
Yes, in Adelaide too.
We always have a good Star/Planet display....nice clear skys..

I was in Adelaide on holidays for Christmas and I told my friend how lucky she was (she lives in The Bay area) to have such a clear beautiful sky. She thought I was nuts!
Told her she'd understand what I mean when she visits Sydney in June and you can't see much at all.
But the sky in Adelaide was fantastic and clear and starry and gorgeous!!
Lucky peeps in S.A!!
edit on 17-1-2012 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by inmate2276

So what do you think it is? Quit dancing around it; you're talking like you know or at least have a theory. I swear to Christchurch if you say "Nibiru"...

And why aren't all the astronomers (both occupational and amateur) shouting from on-high above the observatories that this "star" is "getting brighter" at an alarming rate? Do you have an explanation for that? Or are you just delusional because you want to believe in something doomy?

edit on 18-1-2012 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

I do not know what it is. Only what it's not, and it's not normal for a star to be so bright that it ALONE shines through the cloud cover or can be seen more than an hour before sunset.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join