It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "see through" kid **PICTURE**

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Let me start off by saying that I know for fact that this picture was undoctered, because this is a picture of a friend of mines kid and we noticed his "see throughness" on the LCD screen after the picture was taken. So, to all of you photoshop screamers....save it for a different thread. the only altering of the origanal print is, I zoomed in so you could get a nice close up of this occurence.

Okay, time for some background on the child.
He is 4 almost 5 years old, diagnosed with ADHD. He has had a birth mark on his stomach from birth and in recent years, it has grown to about 3 inches across that doctors are doing tests for melonoma on.

His mother says that since he was able to talk that he talks to a 'man' in his room. Now that could be simple imaginary friends, but at this point shes not ruling anything out.

So now I present the picture for your explanations

His mother knew nothing of ATS and she said she wants to get any ideas of why he is see through. She will probebly be starting an ATS account in a few days to answer any questions anyone has.

So.......any ideas?

edit on 18-12-2011 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Whoa that's creepy!
2nd line.

+75 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Slow shutter speed

Also, seems to perhaps be a slow shutter speed with a setting of a flash at the end, this freezes the final position, but due to the subject moving (note his collar on the left) it has left what appears to be a see through section.

A check of the original file will (should confirm this).

Also, the exif data has all the important details missing... hmmm
edit on 18-12-2011 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

Edit. This is what I'm talking about. You'll see the same effect on the lady's shoulder in the photo at this site.

www.popularmechanics.com...

What It Is You can also show movement in an image using a flash technique called Second or Rear Curtain Sync. (The effect is also sometimes referred to as Slow Sync.) In regular flash photography, the flash automatically fires when the curtains of the shutter are opened and closed to freeze the subject at the beginning of the exposure. This lights up your subject, but darkens the background and blacks out detail. Using the Second (Rear) Curtain setting–available on most dSLRs–two flashes are fired: one at the beginning of the exposure after which the first curtain of the shutter closes; and another at the end right before the second curtain closes. Since there's a short period of time between the two flashes, the subject will be frozen in the shot, while the background details blur into movement-suggesting trails. Read more: Trick Photography Techniques - How to Shoot Trick Photos - Popular Mechanics

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Can you provide the unaltered original photo, straight from the cam? Without it, it is impossible to analyze the photo
The photo's DNA (so to speak) can tell us many things

[from a short Texan]
edit on December 18th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

+54 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

He is 4 almost 5 years old, diagnosed with ADHD.

Well, there's your problem. He was probably moving too fast when the picture was snapped.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
this is spooky

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
can you see through him all the time or just with the camera?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I remember making photos like this with my Polaroid back in the day.
I would put tape on the front of the cam where the photo comes out, put the cam on a tripod, take a pic of the room and then have a friend walk in the frame and take another pic.
This would make the flash on the Polaroid photo paper less visible (transparent) on the second take.

Thats how I did my "ghost photos" and they were perfect because there was no digital photoshopping.

But I dont see how something like this could have been done for this photo of the kids because the other kids are not transparent.
It maybe COULD be done VERY carefully, but we're talking about getting kids to stay VERY still... and that just cant happen.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
From the description I assume this is said to be a recent digital photo? But from the look of the grain and dirt and dust spots on the image,this looks like a scanned print to me?

Chris.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Fishticon84

The other kids really are not in very sharp focus, but the middle kid must have made a sharp and quick jolt to the side, check my above post and link for how this effect is achieved.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
Slow shutter speed

Also, seems to perhaps be a slow shutter speed with a setting of a flash at the end, this freezes the final position, but due to the subject moving (note his collar on the left) it has left what appears to be a see through section.

A check of the original file will (should confirm this).

Also, the exif data has all the important details missing... hmmm

Totally agree with this posters thoughts.
I do it for effect on photos I shoot. I will put a link up later of one. Slow Shutter speed, flash set to go off on rear curtain, movement with either the camera or the subject. Classic effect that maybe the person taking the photo knew about or this is just a fluke. You can make some crazy looking pictures. I have one where all you see is my dogs head floating in the air. So i don't think the kid is a ghost, or possesed.
All good!!
What about the other kid, is he missing the end of his finger???

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Ah! I just noticed something.
There's a seam. Its in the bricks at the top in the middle of the transparent kids head.

I dont know enough about photo manipulation to know why there is a seam there but its there.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagewerx
From the description I assume this is said to be a recent digital photo? But from the look of the grain and dirt and dust spots on the image,this looks like a scanned print to me?

Chris.

You are correct. this is a scanned picture. the boys mother just came to visit us this weekend and she brought the phyical print to us. I ran down to the nearest CVS and put the physical print onto a CD.

I will take a picture now and upload it to the OP.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
reply to post by Fishticon84

The other kids really are not in very sharp focus, but the middle kid must have made a sharp and quick jolt to the side, check my above post and link for how this effect is achieved.

That does make sense.

And it would explain why he is more transparent on his left side.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I've done this effect. Slow shutter with rear sync flash. Boy moves when the picture is snapped and then the flash freezes a part of his motion in the end of the exposure.
Also to others: pointless to ask for exif or direct from the camera picture. This is a film shot scanned

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I've had this happen in a few pictures accidentally. It's not paranormal.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Hey OP,

From a photographer, this just looks like a case of slow shutter speed, OR alternatively, a fast kid. The collar situation says to me that he was on his way out of that chair. I don't think your friends kid is transcending just yet.

peace

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I was attempting to find some pictures for you along these lines. I took multiple pics of my daughter dancing and in almost every photo she is gone. The cloths are there but she is missing from the pics. we thought it so strange we kept them but apparently they are on the desk top. I will try to upload them later as the desk top is connected to our tv and the tv is in use at the moment.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan

Originally posted by Imagewerx

Chris.

You are correct. this is a scanned picture. the boys mother just came to visit us this weekend and she brought the phyical print to us. I ran down to the nearest CVS and put the physical print onto a CD.

I will take a picture now and upload it to the OP.

Let me start off by saying that I know for fact that this picture was undoctered, because this is a picture of a friend of mines kid and we noticed his "see throughness" on the LCD screen after the picture was taken.

Which one is it?

With that said....need the original copy from the digital cam....not the scanned copy.
More than likely, the kid moved, slow shutter speed etc etc.
edit on December 18th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Very interesting. The Children at left and right are clear and show none of the same characteristics as the Child in the centre. One Child is drinking and shows no apparent blurring - as with movement.

There is a seam at the top but there are similar seams in other bricks to the left of the photograph. The eyes of the Child in the centre are different colours - are they different colours or shades of a similar colour? I do not see any photographic anomaly but would like to see someone demonstrate the negative of the photograph.

My suggestion is the Child is a very evolved Soul and emits an extraordinary amount of energy and Spirit. These are areas of study yet to be included in mainstream education. Something profound here despite the photographers who have posted stating their suggestions. While I respect the suggestions of the photographers who have responded to this thread - none have explained and demonstrated what has caused this phenomena.

Maybe the Child caused the phenomena? More research is needed.

Much Peace...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join