It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Middle Eastern's new PEPSI Can, Really??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well if you look close enough do you see the plane in the top middle(its blue) and the explosion(its black and in the spot of impact) and the dots?( the debris?)

Does this seem appropiete to any US Citizen or other people in other countries? I am thinking that its a bit disturbing that Pepsi it marketing a US product overseas and portrays a act of terrorism as a piece of art on their can, does this act on Pepsi's part of a plan to please the terrorist over there, would you like to be a US Citizen and be happy to drink from this can?

Here's the link www.redditpics.com...

Just a thought?

edit on 18-12-2011 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Well, someone beat me to the subject, MODS feel free to delete, Thx.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Reading to much into it.

If it had triangles on it, it would be Illuminati.

If it had fists, it would be communist.

blah blah blah.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

It is probably a knock off from a mid east canning company, that is if it is a real can anyway......

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
At some point people will stop associating any combo of a building and a plane as being pro-terrorist. Until then, we're left with thoughts like these...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I wll never buy a pepsi product again!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Starwise

I guess from what I heard was that a Soldier came across it. Who knows? figured I'd put it out there.

But if it was really being distributed, wouldn't that be a little crazy.

Which brings me to the point of Time Magazines covers that differ from US to other countries, same idea?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

*Takes a swig of pepsi* Wow.

Second Line

edit on 18-12-2011 by BruceEFury because: lol

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AK907ICECOLD
reply to post by Starwise

I guess from what I heard was that a Soldier came across it. Who knows? figured I'd put it out there.

But if it was really being distributed, wouldn't that be a little crazy.

Which brings me to the point of Time Magazines covers that differ from US to other countries, same idea?

Found this:
ibloga.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

Oh the irony -.- I wonder which genius came up with this idea. Pepsi just lost a lot of customers over this.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Is that city Toronto or Chicago????
The bubbles make it look under water - Is Pepsi warning us of impending floods?
Are the Iraqui's creating a weather weapon? Oh, No!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
If anyone here is still into denying ignorance, they can read the snopes article. Alternately they can look at the can themselves.

Generic city scape, plane clearly above the building skyline. Snowflakes and weird bubbles everywhere. You guessed it: The old ones have returned!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I don't see the twin towers, neither do i see an explosion.

If the first thing you think about looking at that can with the skyline is 9/11...then maybe it's time to lay-off the conspiracies for a while..just saying...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
How dare they!

How dare they have a picture of a generic metropolis that has nothing to do with anything other than promoting urban culture!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
This guy seems to be the person who found it, and says:

So yesterday I was in the chow hall on my Forward Operating Base here in Afghanistan, (all us soldiers refer to the chow hall as the "DFAC," short for "Dining Facility," but I write in a way to make myself understood by civilians as well as soldiers) and, as usual, I grabbed a diet cola to go with my meal. The Diet Pepsi served in our chow hall is not from the United States. It is manufactured in Dubai by Pepsi Arabia and says so right on the can. Yesterday, for some odd reason I looked--I mean I really LOOKED--at the subtle "clip art" on the background of the can. And I did a double take. I couldn't believe what I was seeing... I examined the can for several minutes while my food grew cold, wondering if my eyes were deceiving me. But there was no getting around it. To either side of the Pepsi logo, there was an image of a jet airliner over tall buildings. Looking at the image, I couldn't help but think it alluded to 9/11. Three other soldiers were sitting with me at my table. One of the other soldiers asked what I was looking at so hard. Instead of answering, I handed him the can and said, "Look at the artwork on this can. Do you see what I see?" He looked. His eyes grew wide. He turned the can from side to side. The other soldiers at the table looked, too. None of us said anything. The phrase "9/11" never passed from our lips. We could LOOK at each other and understand we all saw the same thing, a "sneaky allusion to 9/11." "Why are you even DRINKING that?" one soldier asked, as I finished the can. "Hey," I said. "Pepsi is still Pepsi." But that was when I vowed to, well, DO SOMETHING. Or, to put it another way, "See something? Say something." Now, to argue against my own point, I will say this: not everybody in the world feels the tragedy of 9/11. To some people, an image of a jet against a skyscraper does not, in any way, allude to tragedy. To use another example: if I were from Thailand, an image on a Pepsi can of a big wave with grass huts in the background might remind me of the killer tsunami, but to most Americans it would just be a tropical image. (However, if I were responsible for marketing soft drinks in Thailand, I would make damn sure no artsy image that might be interpreted as alluding to the killer tsunami ended up on a soft drink can) Here's the kicker: Pepsi is an AMERICAN product. It is only manufactured overseas because it is licensed to be manufactured overseas. So doesn't somebody in America have to approve the artist's can design before it ends up in MY ARMY CHOW HALL IN AFGHANISTAN? If I didn't know better, I'd think some artist in Dubai is gloating about 9/11 and he managed to incorporate this image, in a sneaky way, into some "can art." Oh, wait, did I say "if I didn't know better"? I guess I really mean to say... I don't know any different. I'm left scratching my head (just on the side, where I can reach under my helmet) and wondering, WTF?

The adventures of Johnny Guardman

The first comment in that post says

It's a special commemorative can (one of four) to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Dubai's independence. It's Dubai's skyline; it's got nothing to do with 9/11.

edit on 18-12-2011 by WeBrooklyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
it's probably nothing to do with 9/11... but if it was could you blame them? look what your [Snip]ing country did to the middle east in the last 10 years justified by the LIE that 9/11 was taken down by osama's men on a hijacked plane with boxcutters..

honestly its sickening to think that IF this can WAS depicting the 9/11 thing that u guys can sit and bitch about it but all the middle-easterners who had family murdered by american soldiers in the last 10 years can't say # and don't deserve to. I'm sick of this pathetic society and its selfish BS perspectives & attitudes..

-TF

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43
I wll never buy a pepsi product again!

Well, seeing as I never drink Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Sierra Mist, Sobe, Amp, or Aquafina anyways; I guess I can go along with that also.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Over-sensitive BS.

People find meaning in all sorts of rubbish, and it's usually when someone else tells you what THEY see in it.

Even after reading what it's supposed to be, I can't see it, and I think a whole lot of people are simply seeing what they want to see, Islam = Terrorist.
It's an easy way to make people hate, so from that perspective perhaps it's simply more propaganda?

Keep hating all those millions of peaceful Muslim people, look where it's gotten you so far.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
*Gasp* A plane flying over a big city ? That's not something you see every day !

It took me a moment to find the plane because I was looking for it around the points of impact of the WTC, The plane is obviously over the skyscrappers. I don't really see a problem with it personally, Pick up a issue of "Superman" and skim through it for a skyline shot of Metropolis, I am willing to bet you'll see a plane, most artists will add a plane to a city skyline drawing just to enhance that "Big City" feel .

I think we're dealing with over sensitivity here folks !

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AK907ICECOLD
Well if you look close enough do you see the plane in the top middle(its blue) and the explosion(its black and in the spot of impact) and the dots?( the debris?)

On the contrary, I see the plane clearly flying OVER the tower, which unquestionably indicates a flyover. Plus, all the circles are in between the buildings, which clearly is an implication of the physical effect of energy weapons. This is an unnquestiobably a message from someone tryign to get the word out that the towers were destroyed by lasrs from outr space, the planes really didn't hit the towers but rather flew over them, and all the video and witnesses are all products of government disinformation.

OR, thrre's absolutely nothing to see here and you conspiracy people are simply seeing whatever you want to see, like a Rorschach test. I'd have thought that if you were so desperate to find "smoking gun evidence" for your conspiracies that you're even willing to look for clues on soda cans, it's a sign you really ought to find another hobby.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join