It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

i'm gonna lose it anyway

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I can take or leave it if i please.

edit on 12/16/2011 by benevolent tyrant because: MOD EDIT; to correct spelling in thread title. (from 'loose' to 'lose')

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Hey Johny

You OK?

The song an theme that is worth discussing, your OP title or is it an metaphor?

PS Great Tune,

Love

Elf
edit on 16-12-2011 by MischeviousElf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

john, its okay. what's wrong?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Your OP is raises concerns about your welfare. You sound depressed or am I mistaking this for apathy. Both happen and, sometimes, they happen at the same time -- comorbid.

If you are depressed, please talk to someone: your family, a physician, a member of clergy or, your family physician. Depression can be cured or controlled. The important thing is to share your feelings with someone you trust.
edit on 12/16/2011 by benevolent tyrant because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Seen stuff.
Done stuff.
Felt stuff.

Sometimes just sitting with someone, holding a hand (personal connection) helps. When times were dark, I found comfort talking to an old fransician monk. But thats just me.
Reach out. Someone will be there. Really.

This thread is proof.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Just don't do it brother.... even people you don't know care about you.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Johny, Johny, Johny! don't do it brother! lol
your song is beautiful by the way. that song made me want to listen to "Gregory and the Hawk".
yes i am a 21yr old male that LOVES "Gregory and the Hawk"....

johny...
"if you be my star,ill be your sky. you can hide underneath me and come out at night. when i turn jet black and you show off your light. I LIVE TO LET YOU SHINE".

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
If this is what I think it is, john, I want you to mull this over:

What we value in life loses a lot of its worth when we try to get along in society where we have to make extreme concessions to our values if we wish to participate in society. It's just about impossible to say "Well, screw society, I'll just live independent of it". When society repeatedly tells us that what's important to us has no value or importance, we start to get down and depressed. We start to lose sight of ourselves, for the benefit of some ambiguous cause that really feels distant. To me, this is what causes the onset of depression, not a chemical imbalance. It's absurd to me that people take pills to numb themselves down when it's the way they live and the way they let society infiltrate their lives that causes the problems. Somewhere, you were lead to believe that the choices you made were for your own good, but they weren't at all, they were for someone else. You should refocus on what you value and begin anew there.

edit on 16-12-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The choice is yours.

But

I am more than willing to bet that if you do commit suicide you will regret it.

You signed a contract to be here...make light of life...do the best you can...no one is physical forever, I suggest waiting it out my friend.

I do believe that if you break your contract, you will just have to re-incarnate and learn the same lessons again...this should be motivation to stay in your body.

You are never without help...even if it feels so.

Stay up buddy, relax! Life is a game....have fun...do what you love!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Through early morning fog I see
visions of the things to be
the pains that are withheld for me
I realize and I can see...

That suicide is painless
It brings on many changes
and I can take or leave it if I please.

I try to find a way to make
all our little joys relate
without that ever-present hate
but now I know that it's too late, and...

[Chorus]

The game of life is hard to play
I'm gonna lose it anyway
The losing card I'll someday lay
so this is all I have to say.

[Chorus]

The only way to win is cheat
And lay it down before I'm beat
and to another give my seat
for that's the only painless feat.

[Chorus]

MASH
The sword of time will pierce our skins
It doesn't hurt when it begins
But as it works its way on in
The pain grows stronger...watch it grin, but...

[Chorus]

A brave man once requested me
to answer questions that are key
'is it to be or not to be'
and I replied 'oh why ask me?'

'Cause suicide is painless
it brings on many changes
and I can take or leave it if I please.
...and you can do the same thing if you choose.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Hang in there!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I can take or leave it if i please.

Hi Johny,

I couldn't say it any better. The choice is ours.

I don't think I know you, I have crossed your posts here and there but I do not know you. So it is hard for me to figure out if you are looking at a dead end scenario or not. But in case you are, I am willing to share with you something that no one knows. Not my family, not my closest friends, no one.

I should be dead. Not once but twice.

And what I found out is this. Today, I wouldn't give "God" or anyone else this satisfaction. Too easy. He's not worth it. No one's worth it. Pain and suffering, unhappiness and loneliness...total lack of compassion it seems, at times.

There is a scene in Patch Adams, a scene that describes to a T the way I feel, and I can only assume, the way you feel...

Hope it helps. And I'm just a U2U away, at all times.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Before taking any drastic steps,please open up a bit and tell us why you would want to end your life. I have spent 6 months saving mine from cancer.

So very many people have thought about ending their lives. Many that were saved at the last minute regretted their decision and now are happy to be alive. Yes, it is diferent for everyone, but the difficult journies mirror each other in depth of sorrow and lost hope.

What you need is a repreive from the lost hope, the doom and gloom that surrounds your very being. You may not believe this now, but you are far stronger than you know. Other lives have been turned around when they least expected it. What we need from you is a bit more insight into what you are dealing with.

I truly believe that if you didn't want help, you wouldn't have posted this here. You would be amazed at what a small group of kind, caring and compassionate ATS friends can do to help. Will you please open up just a bit at least so we can help chase away the blackness that envelopes you? Take one day at a time. One hour at a time, one minute at a time if need be. You do everything in your power right now to hold on and we will be the wind beneath your wings. HUGS!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Suicide is not Painless it hurts more than you can know it hurts those that love an cherish an miss you every second of every minute for ever.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
there was 2 celestial gods. one was called the moon. one was called the sun. they both had influence on a heart.

the sun shone bright as it could and bought life to the heart. it never stopped working. it pleased the heart. it ruled the heart for ten thousand years.

the moon stayed in darkness. it was still. it was empty. lifeless.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

Facing the facts is a great start!

Now that you are in a position of power over yourself [again?
] ... It now comes down to timing and placement for best effect!

I have been there myself ... several times!

But here, take my hand please
as there is a way out if you are feeling any desparation and as a consequence you may be feeling...

And maybe you are feeling that because it APPEARS that it is to late to ...

So I recommend that you ...

Because ...

I hope you are completely safe and in a place of understanding now, if you took my hand!

Personal Disclosure:
Please do what you will and harm NO ONE ok!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Good to see you back on the boards today,

Hope you are well John, look at my sig below might find something that helps how you feel at the moment.

Love,

Elf,

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I think you who have answered are good people. Thank you for your interst.

Its interesting people always respond in the similar fashion. Some very strong people here who have overcome great obstacales. Yet , still .....?

This forum is Philosophy & Metaphysics.

Many people cannot join us in this thread because they have committed suicide. Many great philosphers.
py111.wordpress.com...

Some people believe that it is a permanent solution to a temporay problem. Others say it is a rejection of freedom. A person committing suicide actually destroys a whole world?

But what if it is not temporary problem,. What if you have been playing along all this time.. Pretending. Thinking everyone else is playing along too. But they are not. They are not pretending. It is only you. So many people trying to fix you all throughout your life. Trying to make you different because there is something wrong with you. They will never be able to fix you.

[I wonder do you remember the night it visited you in the darkness. It pulled it from deep inside of you. It was so shocking it took the breath from you and you sat up in bed. But it was gone into the darkness with its prize.
If you go outside tonight you will notice the stars are closer to you than ever before. Go and look. please.
They are not watching anymore. They have abandoned their posts.You used to hear them on the roof. Not anymore. They have left. Hold you line until the very last moment. Until it appears too late. Hold your line.]

If you are not happy with what i have said, it is not my intention to annoy or offend anyone.

edit on 17-12-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
it will be 2012 in 13 days.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join