It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deja vu: Why am I having so much of it lately?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
First of all to all sceptics i'm not making this post claiming to be psychic or saying I can see the future or any stuff like that just curious and confused about this.

Throughout my life I've always had a bit of deja vu here and there every now and then as i'm sure most people have, but recently I've been getting it like crazy sometimes 3 times in one day. And it's getting to the point where I know what's going to happen next before it happens. I freaked out my cousin who was staying with me for the week because twice I had told him what he was going to say before he said it.

What does anybody make of this?

Like I said i'm not claiming to be anything just wanna hear what others have to say

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I used to get deja vu as a kid almost everyday, and before I knew what Deja vu is, I told people I had dreamt the scenario in the preceding nights,

I am sure that is what it is, but you normally won't remember it until it happens,

I think that when our brain floods with '___' when we sleep, it opens something else up to us,
something not everyone can remember after waking.

I wouldn't worry, its an undeveloped gift

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Blessed be,
This happens to me on a daily basis also, there is no need to worry.
If you wish to try and understand and learn more about this Gift, pose your question to the Pagan thread started by Druid42 and many Pagans will answer your question and help you develop it further if you so wish.

Namasté

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I think human beings are capable of much more than we give ourselves credit.

You are psychic, like it or not it is your sixth sense: intuition.

I wouldn't call you unique, but I wouldn't dare say you weren't special either.

I get the same thing all the time. I don't know how to explain it, but randomly I'm able to literally pull thoughts out of people's brains sometimes. This happens so frequently that I am beyond considering it is just a coincidence.

I think that the more we open our mind to the possibilities of such things, they begin to manifest themselves.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soapusmaximus
I used to get deja vu as a kid almost everyday, and before I knew what Deja vu is, I told people I had dreamt the scenario in the preceding nights,

I am sure that is what it is, but you normally won't remember it until it happens,

I think that when our brain floods with '___' when we sleep, it opens something else up to us,
something not everyone can remember after waking.

I wouldn't worry, its an undeveloped gift

Great theory. Spot on in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Thanks guys appreciate it
would still like to hear more theories though I hope this thread grows

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by doodles40
First of all to all sceptics i'm not making this post claiming to be psychic or saying I can see the future or any stuff like that just curious and confused about this.

Throughout my life I've always had a bit of deja vu here and there every now and then as i'm sure most people have, but recently I've been getting it like crazy sometimes 3 times in one day. And it's getting to the point where I know what's going to happen next before it happens. I freaked out my cousin who was staying with me for the week because twice I had told him what he was going to say before he said it.

What does anybody make of this?

Like I said i'm not claiming to be anything just wanna hear what others have to say

You're just beginning to get more into tune with whatever it is you call a higher state of being. I call it insight myself, it is a little freaky at first, but over time it will become somewhat normal.
Your mind is just learning to listen to the universe, with a little practice you can even control what it is that comes into your life, just by learning to interact with it. Most people have the potential to do this already, some just notice it earlier than others.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

wow thatd be awesome to be able to control it

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

wow thatd be awesome to be able to control it

You already do, you probably just haven't realised it yet.

All you have to do is ask. Be specific though, and believe in the fact it will happen. I know this probably sounds like BS, but if you've ever wanted something in your life real bad, and suddenly it just randomly appears, the very thing you've asked for. The trick is to notice it when it happens, because often it won't just happen immediately.
As I said, be specific. I had a friend looking for a partner, and one of her specifics was "an older, wiser man." The guy that came along was 72, she is only 39... Just to illustrate my point...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Ok yeah I get what you mean I'll try doing that then and don't worry about me thinking things are BS I'm pretty open minded and I am the one asking for suggestions
haha

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Ok yeah I get what you mean I'll try doing that then and don't worry about me thinking things are BS I'm pretty open minded and I am the one asking for suggestions
haha

I got that, just waiting for the trolls to strike out from under their bridges

Best of luck, may your new insight bring you much happiness

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
It is a memory feedback error that can be caused by fatigue, illness or medication ... you are not psychic.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Like I said i'm not claiming to be psychic and how would that work anyway?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by doodles40

well science explains deja vu. Just recently anyway.. but I had my own explanation before that because I used to experience it.

When I was in a routine that became identical... I would experience this sense of been here before.

for eg: I go to my Granny's and play cards and when I first sit down I feel a sense that I have done this all before...

technically I have but it is a new moment...

hope that makes sense?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Yeah I guess but mine don't come routinely. Like as an example when my cousin was here a song came on and that kind of triggered it and just before he said something about the game he was playing on the xbox I knew what he was gonna say and I told him I was like wait bro you're about to say... blah blah blah and he was like wtf howd you know that?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

well it could be psychic things?

a friend of mine rang to tell me one of my other friends was pregnant and I was adamant she had already told me...!!

I was like... yeah.. you already told me last week!
she replied... xxx only found out today!

I must have dreamt it? but weird stuff like that.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Yeah it's kind of a weird sensation a like it kinda just rushes through your head and your like [snip] this is gonna happen
edit on 16-12-2011 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Deja Vu is when you lose a life and restart at your last checkpoint

Sorry, 2nd

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

I understand what is happening as I have had deja vu from time to time all throughout my life. It is ironic that you mention it happening a few times a day. In recent weeks I too have had deja vu happen a little more often than before.

The one thing I notice now is that when it comes I pay attention to it as it is happening - I accept it and just go with it. When I was younger I would try to analyse it and wonder what was happening. The one aspect I have always believed is that - each time I experienced deja vu - I felt as though it was a marker in time - telling me I was in the right place and doing what was right.

Only you can know whether the deja vu is an example of your intuition - it probably is - gently nudging you towards developing your skills. When they are developed you can help others and protect yourself. Good for you for sharing and good luck.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucifer84
Deja Vu is when you lose a life and restart at your last checkpoint

Sorry, 2nd

how is that funny?

if that is true... then it isn't funny.

it is posts like this that freak me out. When I was a kid, bad stuff happened and everytime something bad happened I would believe that I was a ghost again. well two years with my shrink and I know now that i am not a ghost and I didn't die and live again the next day. The checkpoint is the last memory you have before you disassociate.

how can dying be funny?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join