It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party Patriots Co Founder arrested at Laguardia trying to board plane with gun!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Would you be saying these things if this man were a Muslim?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I agree. Some people carry guns out of irrational fear. They make up a small percentage though. Most gun carriers are pretty practical people and see it as a tool. I carry an inkpen, and a knife, and my stuff in my wallet, but I rarely need them. I have a spare tire in my car, but I've never used it in 20 years. A gun is a tool, like any other, and the day you have a flat tire, you'll be happy to have a spare, and if you are on a deserted highway when it happens, you'll also be happy to have a gun.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

"Before leaving home, passengers should acquaint themselves with the weapon laws of the jurisdiction that they are visiting and comply with any and all legal requirements if they choose to travel with a weapon," District Attorney Brown said in a statement Thursday afternoon. "Otherwise, they may find themselves being arrested and charged with a felony, as is what occurred in this case."

Hmmm. A U.S. Constitutional right but can be charged with a local jurisdiction felony if you exercise it. Some right that must be.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
He's a moron because he claims to need 19 clips (lol) for "self defence",:

Um ... no he didn't. He claimed 19 rounds .. not 19 clips.
Read much?? What'd you say about 'morons'?

Originally posted by MrXYZ
The selfe defence excuse is moronic either way.

How do you know if he's been getting threats or not?
He has a RIGHT to self defense.
Threats or no ... it's his right to carry ... AND he followed law.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I would like to see something like the following:

Mr. XYZ "Yes, you are correct. I stated 19 mags for the gun. The article stated 19 rounds. I was wrong" .

But, you will just march forward with your BS, and avoid any admittance. Nice to know your character and all.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

This stance goes against everything the Conservatives believe in and that is smaller Govt.

The US Transporation Safety Admin is a wing of The US Dept Of Homeland Security and does not answer to local law.

If I board a plane with a gun at Newark Liberty International Airport I am not subjected to Elizabeth, NJ or Essex County, NJ or even New Jersey State Law but US Federal law which is the only law and jurisdiction that matters.

Then why is he facing 15 years over something that easily could've been a slap on the wrist?
edit on 17-12-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cetaphobic

If he would've been he would've been detained, denied of all rights and sent to GITMO to be tortured for months on end with no rights to counsel, no rights to call their family but since he's a Tea Party douchewad means he gets to skate on this? As if!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

In his defense, the article said "19 cartridges." I had to read it twice too, because it was an odd way to call the ammunition. It is also a weird amount of ammo to be loose, or in a magazine.

If someone is not familiar with guns, I can see why they would misconstrue what was written.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by macman

In his defense, the article said "19 cartridges." I had to read it twice too, because it was an odd way to call the ammunition. It is also a weird amount of ammo to be loose, or in a magazine.

If someone is not familiar with guns, I can see why they would misconstrue what was written.

I can see the mistake.
But, if you are going to go and make a retort, and be called out on it, maybe you should chime in.

And I am not surprised with how the media wrote it either. They think everything is an Assault this or Assault that.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by macman

This stance goes against everything the Conservatives believe in and that is smaller Govt.

The US Transporation Safety Admin is a wing of The US Dept Of Homeland Security and does not answer to local law.

If I board a plane with a gun at Newark Liberty International Airport I am not subjected to Elizabeth, NJ or Essex County, NJ or even New Jersey State Law but US Federal law which is the only law and jurisdiction that matters.

Then why is he facing 15 years over something that easily could've been a slap on the wrist?

Again, babbling just to babble, huh?
What are you talking about?
You are wrong on the initial statement.
It had nothing to do with laws around firearms on aircraft.
It had to do with the laws for the local city/municipality.
Get your crap straight.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

reply to post by cetaphobic

If he would've been he would've been detained, denied of all rights and sent to GITMO to be tortured for months on end with no rights to counsel, no rights to call their family but since he's a Tea Party douchewad means he gets to skate on this? As if!

Please provide some proof to back this up, or it merely more BS for the Immaculated failure.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Lone Wolf Clause of The PATRIOT Act coupled with The Military Commissions Act of 2006.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

Lone Wolf Clause of The PATRIOT Act coupled with The Military Commissions Act of 2006.

Again, what the hell are you talking about?

And too bad the idea of the Patriot Act is an extension of bigger Govt getting bigger.

Please show me where a non conservative or liberal was run through the process with different results.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

NYC is notorious for trying to trump Federal law.

NYPD and NY State Troopers have no legal jurisdiction in an airport and the only reason why during the Strauss Kahn case they were allowed to stop and board a plane because the complaint was filed with NYPD directly and they had to seek the consent of The Port Authority of NY/NJ and The TSA to not only stop the plane but to board it. NYPD can't just waltz into an airport and arrest someone.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Yet again ignoring the law when it's convenient for you to do so! PATRIOT and MCA are still law regardless of how you or I feel about it.

The law is the law and the only thing that matters is the law.

Also, how is it an infringement upon the 2nd Amendment? Where does it say you have a right to board a plane with a gun?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

NYC is notorious for trying to trump Federal law.

NYPD and NY State Troopers have no legal jurisdiction in an airport and the only reason why during the Strauss Kahn case they were allowed to stop and board a plane because the complaint was filed with NYPD directly and they had to seek the consent of The Port Authority of NY/NJ and The TSA to not only stop the plane but to board it. NYPD can't just waltz into an airport and arrest someone.

SO you are arguing against your own post?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

Yet again ignoring the law when it's convenient for you to do so! PATRIOT and MCA are still law regardless of how you or I feel about it.

The law is the law and the only thing that matters is the law.

Also, how is it an infringement upon the 2nd Amendment? Where does it say you have a right to board a plane with a gun?

Dude, what the hell are you talking about?
The law violated was the LOCAL ORDINANCE. Not the Federal Law revolving around taking a firearm onto an aircraft.

Never said he had the right to carry a firearm on board.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by Algernonsmouse

I love when people don't read....

Why would you love that? Do you also like it when people do not think, act, or pay attention?

He didn't break the law.. It was in a locked safe to be transported as a checked bag which is perfectly legal.

He was arrested and charged. I am guessing there is a law in there somewhere you missed.

You are allowed to transport a firearm that you legally own on an airplane as long is it is a checked bag in the cargo compartment where it would be inaccessible during flight..

They think a city ordinance (not state law btw) supersedes federal mandate.. Do you?

You seem to be talking yourself blue in the face but at the end of the day this man followed proper procedure and was well within his rights.
edit on 16-12-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

Actually at the end of the day he was charged with breaking the law. Babble all you want. Spin it all you want. Everytime some OWSer gets arrested for "blocking a sidewalk" or "wearing a mask in public" or "refusing to continue to keep mobile" there is no justification in the world to you people. They were arrested and must be bad people. I am just following along here.

This guy that was arrested and charged, broke the law. You saying he was allowed to do what he did has changed that has it.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

That is what you are insinuating that you have a right to board a plane with a gun,

Explain why is he facing 15 yrs instead of a slap on the wrist? What was dude trying to hide?

As long as the permit and registrations cheque out as legal and valid dude would've gotten a slap on the wrist and denied boarding. The question that no one is asking is "How was his behaivour during this period?" "Was be belligerent?".

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Never said OWS were dirty scumbags.
SO, that is not MY logic.
Nice try though.

SO, to apply your logic, a person being a "dirty scumbag" when breaking the law, OWS fall under that category.
. Ok then, sure sure.

Just because those two words were not your words of choice, your post history more than proves my point. I bet you thought no one would bother to even look if you just denied. Sadly you are probably right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join