It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why wouldn't aliens exist?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I was just reading a thread on here and am completely blown away by peoples ignorance regarding extraterrestrials. I come forth with a simple question, how can there NOT be extraterrestrials in this ever expanding universe?

For starters, id like to hear from those who dont believe aliens exist anywhere in the universe.
Id like to hear some reasoning besides religion, which is a whole other debate.
How can you believe that we are the only ones in this universe? Especially when it is speculated that there could be 500,000 earth like planets in our galaxy alone.

Next, id like to hear from those who believe extraterrestrial beings have never been, nor are currently in, contact with us.
Aliens visited us before? Proof.
I believe the numerous age old paintings and depictions of aliens and ufos are enough proof that we have obviously had contact before, but of course that raises the question, where are they now?

You believe that our government would tell us of their contact with extraterrestrials? Please.
Look at how much they hide from us now. Thats the only reason we have an abovetopsecret.com.

Now lets check in on all of the recent sightings of UFOs, they have really been picking up recently. Along of course with the strange happenings.

And within the past three years? Crazy crazy.

(I posted that video earlier this year)

And what about Stephen Hawking? Surely you cant discredit one of the worlds greatest minds.
Dangerous Aliens?
ATS thread on Stephen Hawking's Alien Views

All im saying, why the closed minds people?
Some say we have not had conclusive evidence as a whole to prove their existence, but try telling that to someone who has seen a UFO or had contact with extraterrestrial life.
Just because you have not had any experience does not discredit others experiences.
Wake up people.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
They do, people just cant seem to understand the vast space that the observable universe consists of. Its massive, like massive in the scale our bodies are to the atomic level. The universe is just so big we cant get a solid grip on it. People claim that life needs water and carbon just like us. But to think we need the same circumstance for life out there as we do down here is just silly and naive. Try thinking about the billions upon billions of planets out in space. The simple math just doesn't add up to only us.

But i do understand people denying ET to earth visitations.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I know you wanted to hear from people that don't believe. I do believe and wanted to reply anyways.

Strictly from the definition of ET (Extra terrestrial) God is an ET, you cannot be from something you create. (the inverse can be true though, you can be from something that created you)

Besides that I think the AAT has some merit, it may not be 100% accurate, but we can't just say its not a possibility.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Ahh yeahhhh....wake up people!!!!! They are here!!!!!! You have to be stupid and closed minded not to completely accept that fact!!!!!!!!!!! Or a disinfo agent yo!!!!

Seriously? Have read this same thread a billion times. You obviously are new to this subject, or lack the ability to comprehend what you absorb in a logical manner, so....

Minus the religious nutjobs, you will not find anyone around here that dismisses the fact that there is other life in the universe. Anyone with half a brain entertains that idea as if it is an inevitable fact. And I think it is. However (for the millionth time, but since your new) what anyone with half a brain around here will not do is follow blindly the idea that they are "here' based on the IDIOTIC evidence that is available currently. It really takes a "special" person to swallow the load of bullcrap that is out there (a good example is the videos posted here).

When you find the person here that dismisses the fact that there can be other life out there you will find the same traits in common with the moronic idiots that think everything is an alien conspiracy. despite the fact that there is nothing worth seriously contemplating to indicate they are here (unless you lack intelligence) any smart person will be open to the fact that they are out there.

So yeah, let's here it from those around here that think there is no alien life anywhere in the universe......... Hear that? That is the sound of crickets chirping and your thread dying.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Does ET exist? Possibly. I see no reason why not. Is ET here? That depends on what you mean. If you mean beings from another planet in our physical universe, I doubt it. I would believe Blue Beam much more quickly then I would believe aliens walking among us.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ka119

Everyone thinks they are the ones with the correct answers. Fact is we can really never know for sure (I am a believer). Most people want some kind of fact as proof of them. Like a craft landing on the White House lawn. That would make it irrefutable (Sorry for spelling >.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

There is nothing in the Christian faith that prohibits the existence of extra terrestrials.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ka119

Much of this ignorance is paid for to keep the masses ignorant and benign.

If people are so dumb that they cannot even answer basic geography questions about the US for example then it is very easy to convince them that Aliens do not exist.

It's too vast a concept for them to ....conceptualize. Exactly how the Govt. wants it.

Fat dumb and Happy !

Lets go watch some TEEVEE !

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ka119

Aliens do exist.

The just don't star in a you tube vid near you.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
im a believer but i also believe that the technological singularity will occur to us. So its conflicting for me personally, because we should be able to see evidence of it happening to alien species out there but so far no solid evidence has been found of this.. In fact youtube video you posted with all the different UFO clips shows some that have been debunked as fake, chinese lanterns, natural effects or flares.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
reply to post by MainLineThis

There is nothing in the Christian faith that prohibits the existence of extra terrestrials.

Then why do some Christians always say all Aliens are Demons then? Look around this board in the Alien/UFO threads, you will see what I mean.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I am with you man, don't let it stress you though (not that it is) because if someone doesn't want to believe you can't make them.

simple as that.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ka119

I think Stephen Hawking read some Douglas Adams and it made him go crazy.

Seriously, Hawking is nuts these days.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The people who don't think ET exists are the religious. They either think that God created the entire universe just for humans, or that ET's are actually demons. The existence of ET, and the possibility that we are their creation, would totally destroy the mindset that they cling to so strongly, so they fight it with as many bible passages as they can conjure. Funny and sad at the same time.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ka119

lack of proof.. it is not that hard... UFOS are just that Unidentified flying Objects.. they are not proven to be ET.

Why would intelligent life travel across vast space to meet a nobody out in the boonies?? why would they abduct people when they can capture human beings like we capture animals and raise them in captivity for research or whatever.

Given that ETs have been said to have been around since ancient times... why would they still continue to abduct people even if it is for research.. are they that stupid that they have not learned all they need to learn from us??

ETs as they are right now make no sense at all.

Why do many people feel tormented by them.. and why would ETS torment a person. it makes no sense at all.

There is ET life somewhere imo , but it is not visiting us as many of you believe.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by yaluk
Why would intelligent life travel across vast space to meet a nobody out in the boonies??
why would they abduct people when they can capture human beings like we capture animals and raise them in captivity for research or whatever.
Given that ETs have been said to have been around since ancient times... why would they still continue to abduct people even if it is for research.. are they that stupid that they have not learned all they need to learn from us??
ETs as they are right now make no sense at all.
Why do many people feel tormented by them.. and why would ETS torment a person. it makes no sense at all.
There is ET life somewhere imo , but it is not visiting us as many of you believe.

None of your questions are damaging to ET presence. Who said they came here to meet us? Maybe they were here before us. Maybe they came here for experimentation? Why would they abduct people? Why do we abduct wild animals even though we could just raise them in a zoo? Why do they keep abducting people? Who knows, maybe a psych experiment, maybe an upgrade, maybe checking on population health, maybe checking on things we don't understand. Why would they torment a person? Again who knows, maybe they aren't tormenting people, people just take it that way. If you captured a sick animal in order to help it, the animal would probably claim that you are tormenting it. Then again maybe they are tormenting people to see how they respond. Fact is we don't know what an alien civilization's motivations would be. I do agree with two things you said though, 1. There is no indisputable proof, and 2. It doesn't make much sense to us right now. Both could be expected when dealing with far superior civilizations.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ka119
I was just reading a thread on here and am completely blown away by peoples ignorance regarding extraterrestrials. I come forth with a simple question, how can there NOT be extraterrestrials in this ever expanding universe?

Who said aliens don't exist? Show us. Doubtful anyone did and you are instead grossly confusing doubt they are coming here with a doubt about the existence of life beyond Earth.

We've gone over this ground so many times that I cannot help but to think this confusion is purposeful.
edit on 13-12-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ka119

Thanks for the videos! Love them! I think the spiral over Norway was a Russian missile, right? But the circular mass over Moscow and the light in Isreal were never explained, right?

Just love it! Thanks!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I agree with this post, because this is for the people who have not had an experience. An alien experience is nothing like a Jimi Hendrix experience. If you have an alien experience, it will not reveal itself to you at first, they like to be hidden and abductees may gain memories, this is due to the process of abduction it is not perfect, the neighbors usually sense something...there are memories that later manifest... Whether you were abducted or come to know of the alien presence that happened by the 4 corners US by another form of alien intelligence (this has nothing to do with mediums or psychics), that experience will be far more than any human being in your city per se. it will be so much more grand than the ordinary human being that you don't fit into the category anymore, you simply know more knowledge.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
My dad actually brought up a good point once.

Space is unimaginably huge, there are bound to be other life forms out there.
But that doesn't mean they are visiting us.

I definitely believe ETs exist, wether they are here I'm nit sure, I myself have never had an experience.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join