It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Ways; You Are Being Watched

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Listed below are 10 ways you can be watched by the government

1 Surveillance cameras in public places - have you noticed all the camera's going down the highway?
2 John Doe wiretaps
3 Carnivore (email scanner)
4 red-light cameras
5 Geolocation tracking on cellphones
6 Radio frequency identification (RFID) - E-ZPass is one of them
7 Business records - Law enforcement does not need probable cause to request the information.
8 "Lone Wolf" provision of the Patriot Act
9 The "Secure Communities" initiative
10 Biometric identification

Know of any other ways the government can track you?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

On-star, and I don't know if this is crazy or what, but I heard cable boxes could be eaves dropping on us?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Shdak

11 trip words phrases "kill", "killer", "it is the bomb" "to die for"
12 asking questions "how does this work on weeds" or "can you show me how to use this mask"
13 buying survival food stores or goods 72 hr kits, generator, battery's duct tape and first aid kit
14 paying with cash, not willing to give phone # or reason for your purchase
15 wanting to buy a bi pod for deer rifle
16 frequent visits to sites like this combatoptical.com...
17 saying bad things about the TSA DHS FBI on face book or tweeter or is it twitter I do not tweet so i do not know nor do i face book even though Google says i need to
18 refusing to sign up for face book or twitter, tweeter, the chirp bird chat room
19 having more than one email account
20 keeping track of GOV activity's or visiting them like this www.dhs.gov...
21 making post such as this for people to beware of what the gov is doing
edit on 13-12-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
The most obvious would be SS#. Oh yeah, you know those plus cards from where ever, that you put on your keychains and scan every time you save a little. The businesses track your buying habits where you shop. which is then handed to census... and we know where that next stop would be.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I hear this type of talk a lot.

So we are all being tracked; Are we just essentially locations? Is our personal information known?

If we are tracked, what does this do for tptb? If everyone on earths location on known what does this do?

"Oh dear lord, john has gone to McDonalds again"

No disrespect intended i just fail to see why they would need to track as many individuals as possible, especially considering the huge vast majority of the population are still sleeping.

Trends, routines, sales etc?

Thought i might add, i've worked at Australia's leading supermarket for a few years now, their rewards card essentially does very little for the buyer, except track their buying records to "offer them personal specials based on their track record". Personally i would never have one of these cards, except as an employee i get a whopping 5% off purchases.

That being said, it would not surprise me if the information was sold to an external corporation. You'd be surprised how willing people are to give out all their personal information to a company.
edit on 13-12-2011 by BeforeTheHangmansNoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Mobile phone towers track your phone, store cards and loyalty cards track you, land line telephone routers can track you, ATM's track you, as do credit debit cards, your own computer hard drive will betray you.
All the other gizmoes you just cannot do without will track you via Wi-Fi.
I don't have a cell phone or any other little black box to carry around, if the government wants to know where I am, it can look for me. I do have credit and debit cards, have to draw the line somewhere! for my hobbies mainly, and to draw out cash wherever I am.(if I need to)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

one] in case you do plan on or do something they have Evidence against you.
two] as you said they call sell /market your info by what you by and sites you visit.
Three] all "E" communications in or out of the USA is now stored flagged tagged and sorted phone call s voice mail e mail tweets chats and even as i type is all being processed in some location see novas spy factory for details info , keep in mind it is out dated so what is out there now well... minority report is not yet but give it 10

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
being tracked isnt always a bad thing. As i said about the plus cards they track where you shop then hand it to census to decide funding for city growth if needed. Not to mention, it helps the place where the card came from decide where to locate. to better benefit you and I. You cant knock on-star either... If your cars stolen, they make the situation move quicker. Plus, who hasnt locked theyre keys in theyre car. At the same time though, thats alot of crap on you. Imagine if someone were watching you. You go to the store. Transit cameras, highway cameras, red light cameras all government managed to give you tickets and watch traffic. then stored in a data base. The news use the dot cams all the time with the weather. Then u get to the store. you use your debit/credt and maybe a saving card that always brings up the fact that they give which actually means sells your info to third parties. Not to mention, what doesnt ask that anymore? Then i think of an artical i read about a project the FBI had been working on gathing all they could on everyone after 9/11 due to "Homeland Security". Which then makes me wonder what the FBI has theyre hands in, as far as company wise, to not even need to be a third party.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Just watched this on the BBC website regarding SatNav's and the data they record for every journey we make.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Basically, ALL our jopurney data is recorded and downloaded whenever we update the software.... a perfectly legal thing the companies do in order to 'improve' the system...

Date, times, from and to and Speed !.apparently kept anonomously although there was a mistake recently where the Police Authorities (NOT in UK) were sent this information 'by mistake'...... that made me smile.....

I wonder where it was ?

PDUK

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 10111011

You have to look at the bad also, for instance with the new healthcare mandate in US, they have access to how unhealthy you are. What crap you eat, are you a smoker? Imagine the ramifications.

new topics

top topics

join