It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the sixth seal of Revelation overdue?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I have been studying the Christian Apocalypse for awhile here and I found a problem. The problem is this.

Revelation 8-1
And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.

According to this and a reading of 2nd Peter 3-8 if you do the math that half hour is supposed to be a 20 to 21 year gap between the opening of the 7th seal and the first trumpet. But if I do the math it appears the 6th seal of Revelation should have opened no later than Dec of 2004. It appears to be 7 years late.

Anybody got any ideas on what detail I could be missing here? Could this gap be something other than 20 years?

Now here is the background on what I have so far.

To start with the Apocalypse per Matthew 24 is supposed to be an event that lasts the lifetime of the generation being born at the time of the first end time event. Per the fig tree prophecy and the predictions of a reborn nation of Israel in the old testament the rebirth of Israel in 1948 should have been a end time event. Matthew 24-14 being the first but with Israel we have a solid date to work with about a 3 year variance. 1945 to 1948.

The Apocalypse according to Matthew 24 is at least 63 years old. Which is a major problem. Because based on the fig tree parable and Hosea 6-2 I put the end of the Apocalypse at no later than 2028. So assuming that May 15 2028 is the absolute last possible end date of the apocalypse then to work forward 3.5 years and assuming that date is when the first trumpet sounds is at the placement of the abomination of desolation then the math is saying right now the gap is 10-13 years and shrinking.

And it appears the last saint of the 5th seal of Rev. is taking his time. Any thoughts?

edit on 12-12-2011 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

i dont think anything that affects the entire world is on anyone's timeclock..........

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
You don't think that the war on terror won't last a lifetime?

They have already said it cannot be won, yet must be fought.

Perhaps 9/11 or the day we started the war was when it opened.

Also, if you were tasked with opening a seal that would affect, basically the end of the world, you would want it to last as long as possible too right?

*note this is opinion and in no way based on fact
edit on 12-12-2011 by calnorak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ntech

a day is year a year is a day, where do you get the 20 year gap from 1/2 hour?????

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Trying to lay revelations on a timeline is a waste of time.. No one but God knows when the end will come.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It could be because despite over 15k religions existing none of their prophecies hold any real water. The prophecies of the Abrahamic death cults are just the popularized ones at the moment.

You are interpreting the fantasies of individuals who are no different than those who sought death through the Quaran or Talmud, the only dividing line for Christianity was it being usurped by Rome and watered down with Pagan tradition and practice.

If the Christian God intended to bring about the death and destruction of the old testament he should have started when his people turned it from a mirror of the Abrahamic faiths into a lifestyle which exist in complete anathema from it's true teachings and rules.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

this is true but to know the signs and be ready to answer the knock on the door, and to pray that your flight not be in the midst of winter is ok to do

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
There is another way of understanding that "half an hour".
Revelation refers to "half an hour" in one place, and "one hour" in a different place.
It makes sense to consider that the two could be related- that the first period is one half of the second period.
The "one hour" comes in ch17 v12, as the period when the Beast and ten kings are ruling together.

If we equate this "one hour" with what the Daniel references call "a week" and regard them as equivalent,
then the "half an hour" would be equivalent to the "half a week" implied in other places.
I've suggested elsewhere that this verse in ch8 relates to the first half of the "week", while the havoc of the "forty-two months" etc relates to the second half.

Try looking at it that way and see if it makes your calculations clearer.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

You must be a Christian, I once was a Christian myself, I'm still a believer in Christ and God, but from my own perception. I've realized that not much makes Christianity different from a lot of religions. The only thing making Christian revelations any different from others is the fact that it is the largest followed religion, and that honestly is only due to colonization of the West by Europe, if not, who knows what religion would've emerged and been looked at as the "true" religion. There are no signs to see, and there are no ways of telling. It will all come by surprise. We waste our time worrying about something we have no control over. Keep your faith in God strong, do what is morally good by him and your fellow brothers and sisters and you have nothing to try and figure out, there is no purpose for looking at signs.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FidelityMusic
reply to post by bekod

The only thing making Christian revelations any different from others is the fact that it is the largest followed religion, and that honestly is only due to colonization of the West by Europe,

So we're just going to ignore Muslims and Hindus for the purposes of this argument?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Actually the end time prophesies of the bible do have a number of various timelines. The 7 year agreement of Daniel 9-27. The 3.5 year reign of the antichrist. The generation of Matthew 24. The 1000 year reign of the saints. The problem is/was finding an actual date to calibrate the prophesies on. Once you have a solid date like May 15 1948 then the rest fall into order.

Now for 9-11 I think I can make a case that was the event that marked the first seal of Revelation. And it goes like this.

The first horseman of Rev. is described as riding a white horse. He bears a bow and is given a crown. And then he goes out to make war upon the world. Looking for an answer to this puzzle something odd struck me. Where are the arrows? The proper terminology is bow and arrows. A bowman would not go out unarmed. And then it struck me. What if the point was to find the arrows? So I thought about it and remembered the story of 2nd kings 13. And the point of the story was 4 arrows. 3 being victories in the war against Syria.

So then I went looking for an end times prophecy that has a king that gets 3 victories in his end times war. And found the king of the south in Daniel 11. Which if you look at it describes this king getting 3 victories and a draw in his end times war. And this verse describes his first victory.

And now will I shew thee the truth. Behold, there shall stand up yet three kings in Persia; and the fourth shall be far richer than they all: and by his strength through his riches he shall stir up all against the realm of Grecia.

That is a perfectly accurate description of the events leading up to 9-11. Then if you combine Daniel 8 into the mix it describes this "Greece" counterattacking and conquering 2 kings/nations. Finally then killing "Persia"

So Calnorak you could be right. And if you think about it doesn't 737s slamming into buildings look like "arrows"?

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ntech
The problem is this.

Revelation

Fixed it for ya.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I've never met two Christians who can agree on how many of Revelation's seals (if any) have been opened, anyway. So I can't imagine that there's a lot of consensus as to whether or not a particular one is late. There are a lot of people who like to think they have an inside track and that they are more of a genius than everybody else when it comes to interpreting the vague symbolism in the book. It's a lot of ego and self-aggrandizement and literal "holier-than-thou" hypothesizing that is probably a real sin in some other part of the book.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

I follow no ones path but my own, if my torch goes out, i did not add enough fuel, If the path I am on leads to a dead end, I will make a new one, for it is better to make your own path than to be lead astray by blind prophets.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ntech

This Revelation business is overdue to be dismissed by the people at large. Let's stop waiting around for the end of the world that may or not come, and worry about saving the world we are most definately currently losing....

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I guess my math is wrong.
I used one generation(70 years) for the book of Daniel and Revelation. (May 1948-June 2018)
That means that we are in the tribulations of man now.
Also that the Anti-Christ is soon to make himself known.
This could also mean WWIII starting in 2014 or 2015 and ending in 2018.
There are going to be a number of Earth changing events now taking place.
Of course God has His plan and I'm not privy to all the information.
I am not going to try to out guess GOD so if He gives you more info on dates please let us know.
For His knowledge and wisdom..

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Curling1

Well, the time in question I think I have a specific event fairly well tacked down. The thousand year reign of the saints of Rev. 20 and the day of Jezreel from Hosea. See this thread I did a few months ago on how I figured it out.

Curse of the Apocalypse

Best guess on a timeframe is the 7 year agreement is signed between 2018 to 2021. With the 3.5 year reign of the antichrist starting between 2021 to 2024

Now that being said I think I also figured out why the delay with the 6th seal. The guy who's supposed to do the 3rd seal hasn't shown up yet. He's late. So here is the breakdown of the first 5 seals.

First seal. See my 2nd post in this thread. A redirect to the prophesies of Daniel and the rich king of Daniel 11-2 I believe. The king of Saudi Arabia. Crown prince then king of Saudi Arabia king Abdullah.

2nd seal. The king of Greece mentioned in 11-3 and Daniel 8. George W Bush. Who then went and conquered 2 nations in the middle east.

3rd seal. Took a few years to track this one down. The black horseman of Zechariah. Per Zechariah there are supposed to be 2 humans who build temples to God. A white horseman and a black one. The problem is he has yet to show up. Until he does then the problem becomes the 5th seal. The army of the saints appears to be waiting on him. 12-21-12. If this guy should show up in the near future then maybe that could be the day he'd killed? Triggering the 6th seal then?

4th seal. The Antichrist. According to Daniel there is supposed to be an evil one who desecrates the Jewish temple in the end times. Eventually he will be the 3rd king of the north. Right now it's possible he isn't aware of what he is supposed to be later. But I wouldn't be surprised if he is somebody in the public eye currently. A Governor or Congressmen. Presidential candidate maybe. And based on the Daniel prophesies he could only be one thing. An American with middle eastern roots.

edit on 19-12-2011 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Before wondering if the 6th seal is overdue or not, how about firstly providing some kind of solid, incontrovertible and undeniable evidence that such an "item or concept" even has any foundation in reality.
Can you see it ? touch it ? examine it ? what colour is it ... red, blue, black, etc ? how big is it ... small, large ? how much does it weigh ... little, much ? what material/substance is it made from ?
edit on 19/12/11 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
Before wondering if the 6th seal is overdue or not, how about firstly providing some kind of solid, incontrovertible and undeniable evidence that such an "item or concept" even has any foundation in reality.
Can you see it ? touch it ? examine it ? what colour is it ... red, blue, black, etc ? how big is it ... small, large ? how much does it weigh ... little, much ? what material/substance is it made from ?
edit on 19/12/11 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

I was wondering the same thing...are these seals real, or a metaphor for something else. I mean not everyone would understand if they were referring tomreal life items or are more of the bibles parables. Also, would we hear the trumpet blowing?
Thanks in advance, I find this subject fascinating

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Are they real? And what are they? Ok. Best explanation is this. They are a number of things.

First off it's just as they are read. There appears to be a ceremony going on in heaven. A book or scroll with 7 seals is being opened. As each seal is opened hidden information is being revealed.

Secondly the information in this book or scroll has already been revealed in the bible. The trick is taking the information in Revelation and trying to find what it's referring to. Essentially the seals are secrets. And the first 5 appear to be opened. And it also appears that the secrets involve previously given end time prophesies from the old testament.

The first seal appears to be extra information about the 9-11 attacks and Daniel 11-2.

The 2nd seal appears to be about the retribution the king of Daniel 11-3 extracts on those that attacked him in the first place. With extra information in Daniel 8.

The 3rd seal appears to be about the black horseman of Zechariah. He rebuilds the Jewish temple. And as a branch it appears he comes back to preach at the temple he built and the Antichrist desecrates.

And that would seem to be the explanation for the 6th seal. You can't have an Apocalypse while a chosen one is still walking the earth.

Ant the 4th seal seems to be the Antichrist. A horseman of disease and death. And apparently so full of himself he declares a war on God himself. And you know how that is supposed to turn out.

And finally, pictures or it didn't happen eh? Careful. You don't know what you're asking for. But I'll tell you this. On 9-11-2001 I went looking to see if it was in the bible. And I found it. Which led to more questions. And a discovery. Read Daniel 12 carefully. Maybe you'll figure out what I did.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join