It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

chicken walker with GAU-8 Avenger

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This idea is inspired from: wh40k.lexicanum.com... where this idea is a Chicken Walker as platform for GAU-8 Avenger because when used by Land-based unit, whatever it faces will screwed, and here's the specs for this walker:

Powerplant: compact Cold Fusion Reactor(to supplies it's energy demand)

Locomotion: 2 Mechanical Chicken legs(heavily armored) and has all-terrain capability and has jump-jet engine to jumps impassable terrain for considerable distance

Crew: 1(sees outside world from camera windows that protected by layered plexiglass)

Armament: GAU-8 Avenger(even M1A2 Abrams are no match for this) and airburst smoke grenade launcher

Armor: the most heavily armored part of this mech is it's legs

notes: as a mechanized walker, this is not suitable for urban warfare, but great for other warfare, and has dynamic military camouflage

what do you think?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
all you need is two ewoks with some rope and they would have foiled a multi-billion dollar defence contract

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

If the mech is powered by cold fusion (which we haven't developed yet), then why use a cannon? You would have the power needed for a railgun or a "frickin' lazer beem."

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
It's a sitting duck for surface targeting missiles.

The goal is to stay as low to the ground as possible, and to employ camouflage and enhanced maneuverability so that the enemy cannot identify your positions.

So you want a vehicle that is very low to the ground, very quiet, and moves very quickly. This mech concept doesn't actually have any of these traits, and this would be it's ultimate downfall.

The only way to make a mech concept viable is with extremely advanced defense mechanisms, such as nearly impenetrable armor, anti-projectile technologies, advanced engines. You need sophisticated metal composites technology to make it light-weight, fast, and maneuverable. Having force field shield tech, advanced electronic counter-measures, heat sinks, etc, would become very important.

It's a cool concept but there are so many problems with it that need to be worked out first.

To be honest you are better off putting your weapons on something cheaper and easier to produce in mass quantity. I wouldn't throw away my resources on this until the weaknesses are addressed adequately.
edit on 12-12-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Just when I'd forgotten why I stopped coming into this folder, a thread like this reminds me.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

man this is like , sooooo far out how could any of this ever possibly be true ?
i think we all need to lay down the sci-fi comic books in here , jaaa ?
and go hiking n stuff , like yo leeeft yo leeeft yo leeftrightleeeft

fresh air does wonders if you happen to catch a cough during this cold winter .

edit on 12-12-2011 by BoB420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I could actually see a chicken walker type thing working but it would need to be smaller than what you are envisioning.

Something the size of the springwalker concept lightly armored with an mg 134 minigun from dillon aero would be much more feasible and tactically more workable.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Your a 40k fan? Same here!

By the way, I have a feeling that chicken walker styled vehicles seem to be a starting link of future warfare technology to full-body controlled robotic battle suits (like the ones from Avatar).
Just imagine, the real world equivalent to a Nemesis Dreadknight. Now that world be a sight to be feared.
edit on 13-12-2011 by ShadowScript because: No Reason

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Always thought a swarm of small, remote or computer controlled cars with a kilo of semtex strapped to them would be an effective battle weapon, cheap too.

An average drone type vehicle would offer far more combat flexibilty than a killer chicken.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowScript

By the way, I have a feeling that chicken walker styled vehicles seem to be a starting link of future warfare technology to full-body controlled robotic battle suits (like the ones from Avatar).
Just imagine, the real world equivalent to a Nemesis Dreadknight. Now that world be a sight to be feared.

you gotta be defecating me , having that kind of technology would lead to power and influence beyond our means of comprehension imo . and we know what absolute power leads to riiite ?
lets just hope that if said technology existed it would never need to be applied .
by anyone , at all , for any reason at all .

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kolya
Just when I'd forgotten why I stopped coming into this folder, a thread like this reminds me.

This is a nice thread.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
iirc the gau-8 produces more thrust than the a-10's engines at full tilt, which doesnt make a big difference during a strafing run, but mounted to the top of a biped robot it would be significant.

anyway, more to the point, besides being impossible, what tactical advantage would this have over say an a-10?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by snarfbot
iirc the gau-8 produces more thrust than the a-10's engines at full tilt, which doesnt make a big difference during a strafing run, but mounted to the top of a biped robot it would be significant.

anyway, more to the point, besides being impossible, what tactical advantage would this have over say an a-10?

it is more mobile and practical than A-10 as well more portable fashion of delivering maximum firepower of GAU-8 Avenger

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
well an a-10 flies, doesnt get more mobile than that.

also those mini fusion reactors sound expensive how many a-10s could i build for the same resources as 1 chicken nugget?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Here is a walker that does not need cold fusion to operate. But it could use more armor and firepower.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by BoB420

Originally posted by ShadowScript

you gotta be defecating me , having that kind of technology would lead to power and influence beyond our means of comprehension imo . and we know what absolute power leads to riiite ?
lets just hope that if said technology existed it would never need to be applied .
by anyone , at all , for any reason at all .

I just ran up behind your chicken walker, climbed up and pissed on your face then threw a grenade in the cockpit
and watch as you hopelessly search for the grenade and blow up. if you have a sealed cockpit then that is suicide for the pilots and it doesn't make you epic it makes you an idiot.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
all you need is two ewoks with some rope and they would have foiled a multi-billion dollar defence contract

And that's exactly it- the duality of combat technology. The most complex devices are rendered useless by the most simple of forces.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Fun to ponder, but nah... Those things just look cool for movies but seem to have too many drawbacks.

If there's any sci-fi stuff that I'd use as a tank platform (chassis-wise), Tachikoma robot series from GITS is what I'd go with as an inspiration. A lot more potential to have the best of both worlds compared to existing armored vehicles and sci-fi mechs. Such a mech could normally operate low to the ground on wheels or treads and move quickly, but it still has that ability to walk or stand erect on its legs when the situation calls for it.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I think that this weapon mounted on a hovercraft platform would be more flexible than on a "walker-platform".

The "all-terrain-capability" as well as the maneuverability would certainly be enhanced and drawbacks like maintenance-intensive mechanical legs with all their moving parts could be dropped.
Sandy or muddy or boggy or other unfriendly terrain would be less likely to jam joints and other moving parts and wouldn't slow down assaults or retreats.

Just imho.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BoB420

I know what your talking about. Now's not a safe time to bring something like this into the world while we're being controlled by tyrants and puppets. But let me give you a description on what I feel about the idea when it's safe to consider welcoming the idea into the realm of reality. It's just a suggestion to a futuristic vehicle. It can't control our bodies because we control it. It can't kill people or things unless we make it do so. Just in case you don't know how the chicken walker being suggested is controlled, it's operated by a one man pilot only. No heavily advanced AI's or other computer systems capable of 'thinking for itself' (if that's even possible, which it could be).

And when technology like the chicken walker reach's the level to where it's development turns mechanized all-terrain battle suits, like the AMP suits in Avatar, it would still yet be the most safest consideration to safe guard it's controls to one man piloting only. Heck, maybe it would turn into two man piloting if it were to develop bigger variants. Whether we reach that age were we begin developing and manufacturing vehicle technology like that (which we probably won't), we can't know for sure if people in future generations would or wouldn't consider these idea's to the advantage of mankind.

Yes, by saying that, I mean that it would be more safe if development and manufacturing started when humanity is fully united, but not under the NWO's agenda. When it's evident that our space technology is advanced enough and we start colonizing habitable planets and somehow run into hostile branded species of, oh I don't know, extraterrestrials, then we have the upper hand in the fight.

edit on 1-1-2012 by ShadowScript because: No reason.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join