It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin and the rigged votes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I would like to know what you think about Putin and the rigged votes scandal.

The man has had it, but he won't go down without a fight. Well, he will obviously get a huge fight from disgruntled voters.

Votes were "PUTIN" before people had even voted.

Sometimes a name can tell it all.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I like Putin, he's strong and in charge.
Yes he may be curropt like every other politician in the world, but his methods and his past seem measured and reasonable.

Why the US would be scared of him? I dont know.. I think its bs

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
We have a few politicians here in NZ who are not corrupt.

Why should Putin get away with a rigged election?

Chuck him out and get someone who is not corrupt (uh oh, that person does not exist in that country).

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Didn't he supposedly get like 98% of the votes in Chechnya?

Even as a middle school kid I knew that if you were going to cheat on a test you made sure to get at least a few wrong

ETA: Reuters says it was actually 99.4% www.reuters.com...
edit on 11-12-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

While there are many who might view Putin as being "measured and reasonable", Vladimir Putin's active and even zealous association with what can only be described as a murderous regime (the U.S.S.R.) certainly puts him on par with the Nazis.

Yes, I know, the expected response might be that the U.S.S.R. was Communist and not Nazi BUT, to be forthright, the Soviets were clearly responsible for the deaths of millions -- yes millions -- of innocent victims! In fact, the numbers of victims -- at the hands of the KGB -- practically make the millions of Nazi victims pale in comparison.
Incidentally, Vladimir Putin was an officer in the KGB -- the enforcers of Soviet control and, perhaps, an organization more heinous than even the dreaded Gestapo of Hitler's Germany.

The KGB brought a reign of terror down upon those owho were even suspected of being opposed to the Soviet regime. Furthermore, when one considers that the KGB orchestrated the deportation of hundreds of thousands of Estonians, Latvians, Lithuanians and Poles to gulags in Siberia, one must question the ethics and even morality of anyone who professes to have been a "proud" member of such an organization of domination and terror.

Why should Putin garner any respect at all?

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Russia needs someone like Putin to defend them against western tyrants.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
OK,

Putin is corrupt.

I am horrified that people still believe in him.

And I am horrified that people think it is ok for death camps and murdering millions of people.

Good luck to people who seek freedom.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The best thing the west can do is remain quiet on the issue. Russian leadership choices are a job for the russians.

Every time Clinton opens her mouth its a propaganda gift to Putin.

The Russians liked Putin as he restored some semblance of order and self respect to the nation after the ignominy and economic collapse of the 'yeltsin the worldwide buffoon' years. Thats understandable. Many still do and thats understandable too.

Now with the internet and more access to information people are seeing the other side of the bargain, entrenched corruption and they don't like it. Thats inevitable now with any modern nation. You have to keep the peasants starving and ignorant without the internet (see N Korea) to get away with such blatant fraud.

Hopefully they'll be able to reform the system. Another russian revolution is the last thing anybody needs.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
Good luck to people who seek freedom.

I think this word should be banned, lol.

The word 'freedom' has become totally meaningless.

It's like 'terrorist'. There's really no such thing as either.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Babbleman

Of course there is.

Terrorism is real. As are terrorists. If you choose to deliberately murder civilians in order to terrorise the public at large and affect the political discourse then you are a terrorist. The reason there are is because it often works. Look at how unpopular the USA is now as opposed to in the 1980s-1990s, sometimes it works spectacularly well.

Freedom is relative. If you want to be picky you can argue your only completely free in an anarchy. I'd rather not live in an anarchy.

edit on 11-12-2011 by justwokeup because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by benevolent tyrant

Why Should Obama,Clintions,Bush be also given any part of any respect at all? dont forget all of them are members of the CIA the CIA too works and worked just like KGB so whats the difference? none.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I like Putin, he's strong and in charge.
Yes he may be curropt like every other politician in the world, but his methods and his past seem measured and reasonable.

Why the US would be scared of him? I dont know.. I think its bs

Putin is a weak little man, likes little boys, and has used propaganda to portray himself as a tough guy.. When he really is a short little aging man, who outside of his secure elements would be terrified, trembling and a complete coward. He is the result of the KGB, he believes in reconstitution of the Soviet Union, and first winning the hearts and minds of the people of the west, then the ultimate defeat of the USA, and communist domination of the world.... In my opinion, of course.

No one is afraid of Putin, only what he and the most covert and corrupt government, military and intelligence powers on the planet are capable of, planning to do, and are working aggressively on.

He certainly seems to have convinced you.

Impressive!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Communists won the elections. This time in Presidential elections KPRF is Leonid Ivanshov and he's a million times tougher than Putin. He will stop Western aggression totally, wait till presidential election.

Commies are back in business again.Russia will rise again

edit on 11-12-2011 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

plus 2000, 2004 and 2008 elections in USA were rigged.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
Commies are back in business again.Russia will rise again

This is utter BS. There wasn't even a second election. Another fear mongering piece from you?

Even if it is communism the people voted for, have you the right to determine they are wrong, or even right? It's the people's free will to make, NOT yours.

They made the choice and with their innocent next generations, will have to live with the consequences, or make a stand one day just as many fellow humans around had done so around the world today, to correct errors of which we flawed mortals are only capapable of, so that we may progress and evolve.

Do back off with fear mongering and have a bit more faith in your fellow human brothers and sisters, even if you have no faith in all leaders of gov in principle.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

There was no second election ,#### .The real result of the DUMA Election.It has been confirmed by Investigative journalist Boris Kagarlitsky .Communism is back .

finally when commies return they will rid the world of USA and western scum

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

But, But, Putin is EX KGB and is tough as nails..

Here..

I'll post some shirtless pictures to prove it!

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

But, But, Putin is EX KGB and is tough as nails..

On this we can agree.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d763fe961b0c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
reply to post by Agit8dChop

While there are many who might view Putin as being "measured and reasonable", Vladimir Putin's active and even zealous association with what can only be described as a murderous regime (the U.S.S.R.) certainly puts him on par with the Nazis.

Yes, I know, the expected response might be that the U.S.S.R. was Communist and not Nazi BUT, to be forthright, the Soviets were clearly responsible for the deaths of millions -- yes millions -- of innocent victims! In fact, the numbers of victims -- at the hands of the KGB -- practically make the millions of Nazi victims pale in comparison.
Incidentally, Vladimir Putin was an officer in the KGB -- the enforcers of Soviet control and, perhaps, an organization more heinous than even the dreaded Gestapo of Hitler's Germany.

The KGB brought a reign of terror down upon those owho were even suspected of being opposed to the Soviet regime. Furthermore, when one considers that the KGB orchestrated the deportation of hundreds of thousands of Estonians, Latvians, Lithuanians and Poles to gulags in Siberia, one must question the ethics and even morality of anyone who professes to have been a "proud" member of such an organization of domination and terror.

Well lets get the history sorted out first shall we ?
The millions who died in the Soviet era died under the rule of Stalin, that would be the 30's, 40's and 50's, just because Putin is ex-KGB does not make him responsible for the mass murders of Stalin.
Your logic, if i dare even call it that, is completely preposterous in that it infers guilt by association.

Russia was saved from a painful and humiliating death by none other than Vladimir Putin, it does not matter what side of the fence you sit on, that is a fact.
He managed to stop a great deal of Russia's sovereign wealth from being looted by Western influences, although much of the Soviet Gold held around the world in western banks was never returned.
You will say Russia is corrupt...erm yeah and your country isn't ??

You hate Putin because he won't fold to US demands BT, this is nothing but sour grapes, you think you won the Cold War (actually the soviets just gave up) but you didn't get the spoils because of Putin and that is what really P's you off about him.

Lastly your name cannot be seen on your Avatar..a clear breach of T & C 's, for a mod you should know better, sort it out.
Or do you lack the courage of your convictions and so feel the need to hide your identity ?? hmmm ?

Cosmic..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join