It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP debate on ABC?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Yea... after the debate... RP wasn't mentioned..

Told my pops that... and he said 'OF course they would! why would they? (MSM) They only tell you what they want you to hear... not what you want to hear.'

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Oh. You weren't supposed to notice how Newt dodged any discussion of his various indiscretions!

edit on 12/10/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Paul won this hands down. Even my "Democrat for life" Father said so. Crazy knowing him and his wife are voting for Dr. Paul.............

link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by burning_need

I really hope I get to watch it tonight and that Ron Paul destroys newt and exposes him for the fraud that he is in front of everyone.

Turns out Ron Paul didn't have to destroy Newt, Rick Perry and Mitt did that for him, and it was great. I just fail to see what the American people could ever see in Newt? Like Ron Paul said, some of that Fannie money from the American Taxpayers went straight into Newt's pockets. This debate didn't change any minds here at my house, we are still 100% behind Ron Paul.

link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I told em (abc) how much they sucked on twitter.
Even if you don't LIKE RP - why would you feel OK with major media not mentioning a candidate that is polling 2nd?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Wait i'm confused. What did Gingrich do tonight that was so good? I was expecting them to talk about Perry because I think him and Paul killed it tonight. It was all about Gingrich afterward...why? haha

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LiberLegit

That's because Gingrich is their chosen one, at least for now.....

link   
I flipped over to Fox news for a second to see if there was a post-debate analysis and there wasn't yet.. BUT on "The Journal Editorial" they were bashing Paul and saying he's only third in Iowa and not doing well at all, and bashing his foreign policy. They are blatantly lying again.

edit on 10-12-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

link   
Yahoo put up a pretty nice poll.

news.yahoo.com...

This poll isnt just voting for the candidate that you think won, but instead there are 16 questions (with more coming to i think. an extra question was added while i was looking at it).

Some questions -

Question 9: Were you persuaded by Rick Perry's argument that marital fidelity is important when choosing a president?

Question 10: Are you satisfied with Newt Gingrich's answer about citizen review panels for undocumented immigrants?

Question 13: Are you more likely to support a presidential candidate who has experienced financial hardship?

This is a type of poll I would like to see more of
edit on 10-12-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by LiberLegit

Because he is the main streams front runner....

and not the peoples front runner (sigh.)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This is why Ron Paul needs to jump at the opportunity to pose a threat to any other candidates favoritism or face time during debates. He just sits back. He's not aggressive enough and if he was there would be no choice but to highlight his performance by the media. I'm looking for the debate where Ron is showboating and ball hogging, he has the ammunition to suppress everyone else's talking points.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
If Perry hadn't overblundered himself these past few months, he'd still be the frontrunner, as the status quo does not want any change in Washington. Proclaim the biggest loser as the frontrunner because they will be less of a challenge to their lousy incumbent. Ignore the people's choice because the thought of a 2012 Presidential debate of Paul vs Obama on a world stage is simply too frightening to consider. Every possible manipulative measure to thwart Paul's campaign must be taken.
Paul is their boogey-man and they are closing their eyes to convince the world and themselves that he isn't there.

link   
I am sure this is a set up... on the ABC live feed site at the top of the discussions there is a vote who won link. I checked and I was allowed to vote twice?? Please do not vote on this site as it will be used against the good Doctor!!!
edit on 10-12-2011 by burning_need because: typo

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Apologies all, I looked into this and found that I was in error. I was changing my vote and NOT voting for the same person... Duh. The poll is legit and Dr. Paul rocked it!
edit on 10-12-2011 by burning_need because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by ugie1028

your pops is awesome man...seniors need to be more like him.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I took it and the majority votes for each question was the same I picked. Some were close to even though

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by juveous

Originally posted by buni11687
One thing I just cant stand about Perry (other than everything about him), is he always says "But the fact of the matter is....." Im guessing he will say that same line about 20 more times this debate

Someone needs to make a thread on the most routinely used catch phrases by the candidates

Well people here use the deny ignorance thing so much it makes me wanna barf

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by burning_need
I am sure this is a set up... on the ABC live feed site at the top of the discussions there is a vote who won link. I checked and I was allowed to vote twice?? Please do not vote on this site as it will be used against the good Doctor!!!
edit on 10-12-2011 by burning_need because: typo

Hmm...
I voted, and after reloading the page I wasn't allowed to vote again.
Maybe they fixed it?

Anyway, the score right now is:
Ron Paul: 224
Newt: 26
Romney: 18
Perry: 4
Santorum: 4
Bachmann: 3

Edit:
Wow, that was fast...

Ron Paul: 662
Newt: 73
Romney: 57
Bachmann: 16
Perry: 13
Santorum: 10

edit on 10/12/2011 by Jubjub because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
I flipped over to Fox news for a second to see if there was a post-debate analysis and there wasn't yet.. BUT on "The Journal Editorial" they were bashing Paul and saying he's only third in Iowa and not doing well at all, and bashing his foreign policy. They are blatantly lying again.

edit on 10-12-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

why have a post debate when there's a mid debate discussion? abc had Amy from the Blaze and that awful woman from Center for American Progress.
edit on 10-12-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jubjub

Do you have a link?

I have been trying to find it... no luck.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Link: abcnews.go.com

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join