It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Details About Lost Drone Add to Speculation About Covert U.S. War in Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Details About Lost Drone Add to Speculation About Covert U.S. War in Iran

www.foxnews.c om

A secret program to gather intelligence about Iran’s nuclear sites was revealed and the U.S. had to admit they were running spy missions from an air base in Western Afghanistan.

Some argue that the covert war against Iran's nuclear program is under way, but it began more than a year ago.

The US Central Command in Tampa, Florida, has been honing longstanding military plans to strike Iran’s nuclear facilities.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
A secret plan to spy on Iranian nuclear facilities? Isn't Iran capable of just seeing these stealth spy craft with optical radar technology? How would this be secret?

I would imagine it would be more likely that this is the first time they tried flying the stealth drone into Iran and that it didn't work. I just don't see why they wouldn't be able to simply blast it out of the sky. We spend a lot on technology, but it's not the space aliens we're talking about. Our technology simply isn't THAT advanced.

A secret spy program on Iran with stealth drones included sounds like desperation. We know that they're not working on nuclear weapons, and even if they were, it's not worth a major conflict at all. These folks have more population and more fighters and technology/infrastructure available than North Korea. Why are we so desperate to fight a war with them?

www.foxnews.c om

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Lots more questions than answers with this one, what's the US really scared of? Aren't military drones a different colour ? That looks like a base coat on a test drone that's why I think the US let them have it the Iranians didnt capture it.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
" Details About Lost Drone Add to Speculation About Covert U.S. War in Iran "

Speculation about a Covert,

were has this reporter been living under a rock, isn't she aware of the cia's active campaign in and around iran, oh sh1t yeah dont tell me its all speculation. Its that exact double talk that has utterly brainwashed everyone. Even this site has stopped questioning such titles and obvious blatant abuse of rational thinking, on the other hand have so masterfully pulled links to live feeds under the protection of so called t and c guidelines. im lulzing all the way through the optic cable

Oh what else can i say other than....i want my pay raise now or ill blow hole in the net the size of texas. 331can

“I expect lies from the government, I don’t expect it from other journalists,” said Robertson last night. Robertson also singled out FOX’s correspondent in Tripoli, Steve Harrigan.

edit on 10-12-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Hey,

Well, from the top of my hand;

The country of Iran has a lot of oil reserves. US has more military presence in the region per /area/population compared to North Korea. The demand and supply laws of the oil will dictate the wealth of the hand that controls it. I think US will go all out to have it all, then they dictate the rest of the world. It's all speculative, but hey ... they all say its "cuz of the oil".

/cheers

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
This is not the first time.

Iran has reported they have shot down UAV's before

They also have said that they have reversed engineered

their earlier quarry.

From July 20, 2011

For the third time this year, Iran is claiming it shot down an American robot warplane trying to snoop on Tehran’s nuclear facilities. “An unmanned U.S. spy plane flying over the holy city of Qom near the uranium enrichment Fordu site was shot down by the Revolutionary Guards’ air-defense units,” lawmaker Ali Aghazadeh Dafsari told Iranian state television.

www.wired.com

From January 4, 2011

The head of the Revolutionary Guards' air force wing, Amir Ali Hajizadeh, said on Sunday that two "Western spy drones" had been shot down in the Gulf.

He said "many" other unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) had been shot down over an unspecified period but that this was the first time it had been reported.

www.bbc.co.uk

Of course Nato/USA have said it was mechanical error.

So either UAV's have a habbit of crashing in or around Iran

or Iran have a knack for downing them.

edit on 10-12-2011 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-12-2011 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
From all of the explosions, deaths of scientists, failed missile tests and "missing" facilities, it's apparent that something is going on in Iran. There have also been some dramatic UFO sightings as well. It is a FACT that UFOs have been highly interested in United States and Soviet era missile sites and launch facilities. Almost every SAC (Strategic Air Command) base during the Cold War was visited by UFOs, some of which were reported by base personnel to have fired beams of light at missile silos, lauch facilities and weapons storage areas, bringing several of these off-line.

Since Iran has been openly pursuing their nuclear program, to whatever end (peaceful or most likely for warfare and the destruction of Israel), they have seen a dramatic increase in the sightings of Unidentified Flying Objects and other unexplained aerial phenomena. Is there a connection? Who knows. But it certainly seems that way. It seems that by pursuing the nuclear path, Iran has garnered the attention of whatever powers and intelligences are behind the UFO topic. I say, "Welcome to the game." The U.S. has experienced everything the Iran government has experienced: failed missile tests and launches; the mysterious deaths of top scientists; explosions; and, facilities that have "vanished."

Beyond that, there is also the possibility of a covert war going on with Iran. Short of all-out open warfare that would lead to the unnecessary deaths of hundreds of thousands (if not more) of civilians, perhaps a covert war conducted unde the cloak of confusion, misdirection and obfuscation is the more humane method? If the U.S. (or whoever) could accomplish a victory (the destruction of the Iranian nuclear weapons program) via a clandestinely conducted series of precision assaults, instead of pursuing the "standard" shock and awe domination of a country-wide attack, why not do it that way? It's cheaper, both in economic cost and more importantly, the cost in collateral damage and civilian death.

One last tidbit to tantilize your ATS tastebuds: there are reports that a directed energy beam weapon was employed in the destruction of the "missing" facility mentioned in the fox articles. This concurs with the Iranian claims that there "was no explosion," as well as with rumors and accounts that "...bright light from the Heavens rained down on the area and heated everything like an oven, like the sun went crazy..." Minutes before anything noticeable happened, shephards in the vicinity had a hard time controlling their animals, many of which managed to escape their grazing areas. They had to go and try to herd them, effectively removing themselves from the (soon to be) affected area. Shephards who remained near the facility were either killed with everyone else, or, if far enough away, got headaches and minor burns, and lived to tell about what happened. They said they could smell the goats and people who didn't escape in time --cooking. Maybe this incident was the world's first "nuclear barbeque." A terrible one, at that. Just some accounts that had been floating around. And, yes, UFOs were sighted. Just Youtube "Iran UFO" and you'll get a bunch of hits.

Is any of this the true reality of the situation? Maybe none. Maybe some. Maybe ALL of it.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Here is a picture of the drone, which the us millitary claim 'crashed' in Iran after a malfunction.

As you can see it is in perfect condition and shows no signs of suffering a crash landing. The question here is - have the Iranians developed a way to take direct control of these drones? If so this is a huge embarrassment for the united states.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Provoking the unprovoked

and now we allow you to switch back to normal viewer programing and dont forget to purchase your much needed products from the Shopping Channel not that it makes any real difference to your needs but its simply how you have been programmed.

Have a nice day

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
Here is a picture of the drone, which the us millitary claim 'crashed' in Iran after a malfunction.

As you can see it is in perfect condition and shows no signs of suffering a crash landing. The question here is - have the Iranians developed a way to take direct control of these drones? If so this is a huge embarrassment for the united states.

i have emailed e-bay that if it goes online i have reserved listing on it.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

You're too late. It's already on the way to China for some reverse engineering

They will have thousands of these in a few months time

edit on 10-12-2011 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

reply to post by cerebralassassins

Your too late. It's already on the way to China for some reverse engineering

They will have thousands of these in a few months time

Remember this :

speeding up the time machine we come to
Published on Saturday 22 October 2011 00:04
>Stealth bomber pilot meets Serb colonel who shot him down <

On the night of the 27 March 1999, Col Dani’s battalion of the Serbian military was deployed in the fields of western Serbia, hunting Nato aircraft in the skies above them with a S-125 Neva ground-to-air missile system.

Some 15,000ft above them, Lt-Col Zelko was piloting his plane out of Serbian airspace when suddenly his flight routine was shattered by a dazzling, blinding flash of flame to the left side of his aircraft, followed by a massive explosion.

But i emailed e-bay regarding the drone regarding reserved listing..

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious

A secret plan to spy on Iranian nuclear facilities? Isn't Iran capable of just seeing these stealth spy craft with optical radar technology? How would this be secret?

What on earth is "optical radar technology"??

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

As you can see it is in perfect condition and shows no signs of suffering a crash landing.

As you can see you cannot actually see the underside at all, so you have no way of assessing whether it crash landed or not. The Iranians have hidden the whole underside behind flags and a black cover.

I wonder why??

The question here is - have the Iranians developed a way to take direct control of these drones? If so this is a huge embarrassment for the united states.

that is certainly a good question. However even simply KO-ing the command link would be quite embarrassing, even if they didn't actually "take over" the control.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Unbelievable, hyjacking, taking control and a soft landing.
Thes drones are not fully automatic, but human pilots fly it sitting
in Afghanistan.
The drone though looks immaculate.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious

I would imagine it would be more likely that this is the first time they tried flying the stealth drone into Iran and that it didn't work. I just don't see why they wouldn't be able to simply blast it out of the sky. We spend a lot on technology, but it's not the space aliens we're talking about. Our technology simply isn't THAT advanced.

A secret spy program on Iran with stealth drones included sounds like desperation. We know that they're not working on nuclear weapons, and even if they were, it's not worth a major conflict at all. These folks have more population and more fighters and technology/infrastructure available than North Korea. Why are we so desperate to fight a war with them?

www.foxnews.c om

How is this desperate? The Beast of Khandahar has been in operation out of Afghanistan for over 3 years now. Yes, it is a stealth drone, but it is for surveilance and intelligence gathering. These are the exact things the US should be doing over a country that says they are developing WMDs. How is this a desperate act?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection

The drone though looks immaculate.

There's some small damage to the left wing and a dent in the leading edge - plus half of it is not shown....

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Why is such an odd color? Desert camo?

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

Fox News is such a joke. Covert ops in Iran is no speculation. And hasn't been for years.

new topics

top topics

join