It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WARNING.....Not for children. Earthlings - Full length documentary (multi-subtitles)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
EARTHLINGS is the single most powerful and informative documentary about society's tragic and unforgivable use of nonhuman animals, narrated by Joaquin Phoenix with soundtrack by Moby. Directed by Shaun Monson, this multi-award winning film by Nation Earth is a must-see for anyone who cares about nonhuman animals or wishes to make the world a better place.

PLEASE: don't run from reality, watch the film and share your thoughts with other viewers.

**** WARNING **** VERY GRAPHIC, But is ATS ready for the truth. People don't like to really know, because with knowing comes responsibility.

This is not a film for children or anyone not ready to face up to the truth.

Am I a vegan?

No, I eat about 2 oz of either free range chicken, turkey or wild salmon per day and use (sparingly) free range eggs and cheese.

Humans need to have protein. All I ask is that we raise and slaughter humanely.

Factory farming is wrong on so many levels.

Eating a double cheeseburger ever is wrong.............it's fat and calorie content is outrageous.

I am not judging anyone - simply trying to speak up for those that cannot talk.

Puppy mills, factory farming, setting unreasonable time tables on the people who must slaughter animals so they don't have the time to do the job humanely.

Three books I highly recommend are:

- Dominion The Power of Man, the Suffering of Animals and the Call To Mercy by Matthew Scully
- Slaughterhouse by Gail A. Eisnitz
- Eternal Treblinka by Charles Patterson.

Again, it takes some looking around but I have found farms that are free range and make sure their animals are humanely slaughtered.

edit on 8-12-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

It´s funny that i was thinking in this topic today. Trying to figure out how much pain are we doing to other animal species, and how many death is produced everyday in order to feed us or clothing or other things Thank you for your post.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I remember seeing this documentary before. I couldn't eat meat for half a year and the only reason I had to eat meat again was because of my mother's insistence. I was in an accident and so ill that I barely had any strength to do anything on what I was eating. Even then it was hard for me to start eating meat again..

It was truly heartbreaking to see this documentary. Sometimes we have to be reminded that our food doesn't exactly come from nowhere but from animals who have lived and died. Thank you for posting this.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Typical...the person posting this ONE SIDED doc is a vegan.

A hippy.

Who cares. As long as its not children, I couldnt care less. Lets not forget where in the food chain we sit.

Animals are BELOW us!!! Life is life!!!!
edit on 8-12-2011 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
i grew up with an extremely avid hunter/fisherman for a dad, so early on i began to question our so-called "dominion" over the other creatures with which humans share the earth. don't get me wrong, i love my dad, but i can remember seeing the dead deer and pheasant and not wanting to eat meat after seeing where it came from. i last ate meat in 1993, when i was 18. i think it took me a while to completely stop eating meat because it was too easy for me to dissociate the meat from animals, especially fast food.

i do eat eggs and cheese still, but limited amounts like you. my wife is a vegan and of course doesn't use leather. she won't even use silk or honey!!!

my dad tells me he doesn't feel like he's had a meal unless he's eaten meat. i used to think it could be the protein thing. there are a lot of ways to get protein outside of meat.

what i always wonder, however, is how long the greater western public can continue to consume meat like it has. meat is extremely wasteful to produce and it's hard to imagine we could sustain our meat consumption going forward into a more populated world.

of course, i agree completely with subsistence hunting and if the S did ever hit the fan i would not have the luxury of being a vegetarian, i know this. but treating living creatures like trash has its ramifications, i think, and mass producing meat involves suffering.

and i think we've evolved past meat eating. most meat has suffering in it and there are much healthier ways to obtain the protein we need.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by curious4311

I know what you mean. I went 3 full years being a vegan and my doctor said that for the human body, particularly mine, that was not a good idea.

So we drove 70 miles to a farm that advertised "free range", we inspected the farm, talked to the owners and asked about the slaughtering.

There is only one time in my life where I have "missing time" and that was at around 12, Grandpa took me out back to show me how to kill chickens.

My sister said he did one in front of me, I fainted and for two days was near catatonic. I finally came around, don't remember anything but walking to the very back yard.

I guess I'm not the warrior woman my avatar depicts.

But I mean to speak up for those that have no voice, no vote, no say, no rights.

Eating meat is okay but try and get your meat from a farmer that has some morals.

Also, DO NOT BUY from pet shops.............they support puppy/kitty mills.

--- ADOPT ---- SPAY ---- NEUTER

The 8-10 million (or more) dogs and cats we kill each year because of no homes is another thread.

And no, they are not humanly euthanized. The needle is too expensive, and again now with decompression chambers kill shelters find they can sell the dead dogs and cats at a profit $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to rendering plants.

Research that subject if you dare.

Again, I believe in individual karma but also group karma and what goes around comes around.

As you sow so shall you reap.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

You chose not to read through my entire post................I am not a vegan.

What is a "hippy".................a flower child.

My definition, is someone who believes in:

Peace not war
Equal justice for all
Love not hate
Service to others vs service to self
Being honest and forthright in all your dealings
Being kind
If someone is down you don't kick them, you try to help them u

The reason our planet is in such dire straights is because of greed, money and power. Our planet is run by psychopaths.

A closed mind and proud heart gathers no knowledge
A prisoner that does not realize they are imprisoned will never try to escape
A slave that does not realize they are enslaved will never rebel.

Your short, caustic remark showed me you are closed minded and cold hearted.
edit on 8-12-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Also a thread here on the documentary.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by godWhisperer

You are further along than me.

A most insightful and humane reply.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

but what about the poor plants ?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I thought of that during watching the movie, "The Happening".

We have to live on something?

Although the older I get the less calories I require.

My calorie needs now at 58 are like 1/4 what they were at 20.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Why are you arguing just for the sake of arguing?

The OP' wasn't condemning people that ate meat, I think the point he or she was trying to get across is that we need to treat the animals that feed us and give us clothing with more respect and dignity.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

poopie burgers..................

Wow, don't quite know what to say.

Nasty job that scientist has, elbow deep all day trying to make $hit taste good.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
As always I support your Thread S@F, however I am too sensitive in the moment to watch the vid. I have seen so many and am just too fragile right now. Forgive me ok?

This is going to eat at me even though I did not watch.

And for you jerks who are only here to be monsters, go away and allow this adult discussion to go forward. This is not about food, it is about cruelty in the industrialized agricultural practices.

This is not healthy nor the direction towards a type 1 civilization, so pick your side posters, hell or heaven!

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

WHOA! This is making me kind of fearful to eat steak now! Hah, to think how useful this might be for astronauts when they go into space. They are already recycling pee, might as well go the extra mile and save storage space for food!

As I continue to watch this... I think I shall endeavor to eat more vegetables in the future unless they find a way to turn fecal matter into broccoli and whatnot. This reminds me of the human fecal transplant they are doing nowadays to cure intestinal problems.. must be treated by eating the actual fecal matter. Yeck.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Like Antar, I can't watch this now, either. However, I do very much appreciate your efforts, and take this subject matter to heart. S/F.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I thought I was ready for these brutal truths that I seek.

I was not.

My love couldn't bear to hear me weep any longer and thankfully shut the video down.
I was paralyzed by my horror of the innocent souls that suffer such a cruel fate.

to such I was moved that I must voice my outrage somewhere.

These kinds of things are why I Need to Believe in God.

or I would go mad. there must be some beautiful peaceful place all souls get to experience.

I believe in god because my brother is a pedophile and I would not be able to forgive him without god.

its not my job to eliminate all child molesters and animal abusers.

I will continue to be honest and empathic to all.

Thank you. I've a fire burning with motivation. I hope you do also.

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Humans need to have protein.

quite right, but protein is easily obtainable through plants. i applaud you for posting this, but be consistent with your beliefs.

i've been vegan for around 8 months, in the first 5 months i lost 38 lbs (without exercise). my blood pressure has dropped from what is considered average, 122/76, to 93/68. i certainly do not become winded or fatigued as easily. i'm healthier and happier than i've ever been.

ETA:

i couldn't make it 5 minutes into earthlings. to know that my diet was the cause of so much suffering was enough for me to immediately become vegan. it is a moral imperative to me. i could not stick to a diet for the life of me, but it is far different when others are suffering; i cannot support that.
edit on 9-12-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I was trying to figure out why the video wasn't working and I realized this thread was from 2011 - why bump a two year old thread?

~Sovereign

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join