It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports of multiple objects in sky over Norman Oklahoma

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I've just been contacted by a friend in Norman. There are multiple people up there who are reporting seeing a "pack" of objects moving together. First reports are stating a grouping of "20 to 30 objects flying together". The grouping of objects were seen over Boyd Street in Norman as well as over I-35. One person says they got video on their cell phone. I'll post as soon as I get it.

Person who contacted me stated three separate people at different locations in the Norman area saw this. So I'll update as I get more information.
edit on 12-8-2011 by Valhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I'll keep an eye on this thread. TY for posting the info. Hope to see video soon.

For those who'd like to know about Norman Ok. www.ci.norman.ok.us...
edit on 8-12-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Very much looking forward to
the video. Thanks!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Which direction were the objects headed? I am in Louisiana, but if they are travelling fast, I would LOVE to go out and watch for them!

Anyone else near this area or the direction these are headed?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I am east of there by about 500 miles,what direction were the objects moving?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I would like to hear and see more of this, keeping an eye to the sky and a a ear to the ground

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
No word yet? Phooey......

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I live in tulsa and i saw a bright light traveling like a satellite would. It probably was a satellite but it's a full moon out and it was as bright as some of the brightest stars. I never seen a satellite so bright before. maybe it was just cause the moonlight was causing it to be brighter.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Located outside of Norman Ok is Tinker Air Force Base....if anything unusual is happening there...they are well prepared for it.

Tinker is the headquarters of the Air Force Materiel Command's (AFMC) Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center (OC-ALC), which is the worldwide manager for a wide range of aircraft, engines, missiles, software and avionics and accessories components. The commander of OC-ALC is Major General P. David Gillett, Jr. It is one of three Air Force ALCs, the others being Ogden Air Logistics Center (OO-ALC) at Hill AFB, Utah and Warner Robins Air Logistics Center (WR-ALC) at Robins AFB, Georgia.

The host unit at Tinker is the 72d Air Base Wing (72 ABW) which provides services and support for the Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center and its tenant organizations. The Wing and Installation Commander of Tinker Air Force Base is Colonel Allen Jamerson.

Tinker is also the home of the U.S. Navy's Strategic Communications Wing One (TACAMO). Also known as STRATCOMWINGONE, this origanization is a shore-based Navy Air Wing consisting of three squadrons and a wing staff which is fully integrated into the Air Force Base, and employs over 1,300 active-duty sailors and 100 contractors to provide maintenance, security, operations, administration, training and logistic support for the Navy's E-6B Mercury aircraft fleet. The Mercury aircraft enables the President of the United States and the Secretary of Defense to directly contact submarines, bombers and missile silos enforcing the country's national security through nuclear deterrence.
[edit] Units currently stationed at Tinker
[edit] Major units

Tinker AFB is home to major Department of Defense, Air Force and Navy activities with critical national defense missions.

Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center (OC-ALC)
OC-ALC is the largest of three ALCs in the Air Force Materiel Command and provides depot maintenance, product support, services and supply chain management, as well as information support for 31 weapon systems, 10 commands, 93 Air Force bases and 46 foreign nations. It is the contracting office for the USAF's Contract Field Teams program.
72d Air Base Wing (72 ABW)
The diverse, multi-unit, multi-mission wing includes base services and support for the OC-ALC and associate organizations as well as dependents and retirees.
72d Medical Group (MDG)
72d Mission Support Group (MSG)
76th Maintenance Wing (MXW)
76 Aircraft Maintenance Group (AMXG)
76 Propulsion Maintenance Group (PMXG)
76 Commodities Maintenance Group (CMXG)
76 Software Maintenance Group (SMXG)
76 Maintenance Support Group (MXSG)
Aerospace Sustainment Directorate (OC-ALC/GK) formally the 327th Aircraft Sustainment Wing
327 ACSG (B-52 & Cruise Missile)
727 ACSG (Contractor Logistics Support)
747 ACSG (Combat Systems)
827 ACSG (C/KC-135)

[edit] Tenant units
[edit] 552d Air Control Wing

The 552d Air Control Wing (ACW, ACC, Tail Code: "OK") flies Air Combat Command's E-3 Sentry AWACS aircraft. The E-3's radar and other sensors provide deep-look surveillance, warning, interception control and airborne battle management. The 552 ACW encompasses 3 groups:

552d Operations Group
960th Airborne Air Control Squadron "Vikings" (E-3)
963d Airborne Air Control Squadron "Blue Knights" (E-3)
964th Airborne Air Control Squadron "Phoenix" (E-3)
965th Airborne Air Control Squadron "Golden Eagles"(E-3)
966th Airborne Air Control Squadron (E-3)
970th Airborne Air Control Squadron (Air Force Reserve, E-3)
552d Training Squadron
552d Maintenance Group
552d Air Control Group
752d Operations Support Squadron
552d Air Control Networks Squadron
607th Air Control Squadron
726th Air Control Squadron "Hardrock"
728th Air Control Squadron
729th Air Control Squadron "Angry Warrior"
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Okay, I've received the video. It's 3gp. Can I upload that? You can't tell much because the person is shaking too much...lmao! But I'll be glad to upload it if I can.

Also, I asked how many people at this point had seen it...response was "about a 1/3 of Norman I guess". In other words, the phones are blazing.

The objects approached Norman from the south, so they were headed north. So Kansas is where you would need to be watching. Don't know speed or anything like that. All communications are coming over text messages at this point.

There is a popular bar on Boyd called The Library, and everyone there saw it. That's a lot of people.

The people seeing it describe the lights as extremely bright moving to the north. That's all I've got for now.
edit on 12-8-2011 by Valhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I don't know if this has anything to do with it,but last night ,we were hit by multiple meteors.

December 8, 2011 – SPACE – Earth was hit by a small fireball-storm. Ranging in size from microscopic space dust to mountainous asteroids, trillions of meteoroids zing through the inner solar system on a daily basis. What are the odds that five of them would cross the same point in space? Pretty good, actually. In fact, it happened just last night. These are the orbits of five objects that hit Earth on the night of Dec. 7/8. NASA’s All Sky Fireball Network recorded the meteoroids as they disintegrated in the atmosphere over the United States, each one producing a bright fireball. Note how all the orbits converge on a single point–our planet.The Geminid meteor shower is supposed to peak December 13-14. NASA has not said if these latest fireballs are part of that shower. –Space Weather

I wonder if it is still going on.

fireballs.ndc.nasa.gov...

elpasoallsky.blogspot.com...

www.nasa.gov...
edit on 8-12-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Thanks for the update. I never put too much into these threads....but, for some inexplicable reason...this one has me excited.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I have family who live near Norman, asked them so if they see anything, I will come back and post it.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Hey K-dog...good to see again. TY for the info. I'd read earlier today, there would still be activity from this shower today/night I wonder if the locale is the same.....

edit on 8-12-2011 by Destinyone because: sp

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillbilly4rent
I would like to hear and see more of this, keeping an eye to the sky and a a ear to the ground

This thread has my attention. Anything on MUFON yet, is it being reported?

hillbilly4rent, is that the famous moonshiner from the TN hills in your avatar?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Hi Destinyone!
Some of those links I provided are live shots and some recorded if anyone one wants to check it out.

fireballs.ndc.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
reply to post by Destinyone

Hi Destinyone!
Some of those links I provided are live shots and some recorded if anyone one wants to check it out.

WOW...from the above link you posted, all those sightings are in my neck of the woods. It snowed up here all night last night, no sky.....overcast and cloudy right now...too bad

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I was out with my dog at about 8:02PM tonight when I saw the glowing orbs, more orange in the center with diffused light on their edges. They were visible above the tree line, I would say about helicopter height, hard to tell their actual altitude or size. There were about 20 of them that I saw all traveling in a group about the speed of a helicopter going from the southeast to the northwest from my vantage point. I live a couple of blocks south of Boyd st. and a couple of blocks west of the University of Oklahoma. They made no sound at all, I stood there awestruck watching them so I did not get a picture. However, I did hear something that sounded like fireworks echoing in the distance. It is a cold and clear night so sound really travels well through the air. My 19 year old daughter was unimpressed and says they were probably Chinese Lanterns, especially since I heard what sounded like fireworks, but I heard the fireworks after I already saw the orbs in the air.
The weather center and School of Meteorology are located here, so I wouldn't rule out some sort of weather experiment. As mentioned in an earlier post, Tinker Air Force Base is about 15 miles away and could have been testing something. We have heard a lot of low flying aircraft late at night here lately, especially helicopters. I wish I had my camera, but I can tell you that my family and my neighbors were all out watching the orbs. We were all kind of excited and speculating about what they were.
edit on 8-12-2011 by icenine because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2011 by icenine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Should be pretty easy to tell if they were Chinese lanterns by checking the wind direction for that area. If it's blowing north, it would be an extreme possibility... well, I say that without seeing the video. After I see it, I may change my mind. When checking for wind direction, would probably have to check the wind direction at all atmospheric levels since it's likely to be different higher up than on the ground. If the wind isn't blowing north, then this is really exciting because that would mean they are travelling by their own power!
Can't wait to see the vid.

edit on 12/8/2011 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Well, while I will have to wait for Springer to get home to get this video up, I can tell you you'll be disappointed by it. It's taken from a cell phone in a vehicle traveling on I-35 at 65 mph and real jiggly, so you can't really tell anything, sorry.

Weather is showing virtually no wind, but the direction given is to the northwest - same direction that the poster above states the objects were traveling.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join