It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chilling personal accounts. Where you 3 years ago 9/11?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
This Saturday is 11 SEP, that terrible day is upon us again. With all the talk about conspiracies, elections, the war in Iraq and so forth, we must not forget the victims of the 9/11 tragedy.

Three years ago on Saturday, it was my second day on a new job. I'd heard the terrible news on a radio at work that morning, right before the first break buzzer, about an airliner running into the WTC. My initial thoughts was, " How in the world could an airplane run into a structure so large?". Then over the radio came the news that another airliner had run into the other building at the WTC.Then the Pentagons news was broadcasted. Right then, I knew that it was deliberate actions by unknown factors. Then Pennsylvania. "When was it going to stop?", I thought to myself in disbelief.

The next 3 days was the most eeriest 3 days of my adult life, living just 4 miles from an international airport.

Silence. Unreal silence. Everywhere.

I'll never forget where I was and what I was doing.

In Memory of all the 9/11 victims.

[edit on 9/9/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I thought it was a tuesday

EDIT:It WAS a tuesday.
And this year it's not on a thursday man, it's on a saturday.

[edit on 7-9-2004 by naked_turk]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by naked_turk
I thought it was a tuesday

Pardon me on my mistake. I'll correct it.

My date on my watch (no excuse) was backwards (someones been messing with it) and I forgot yesterday was the 6th. Whoops, my bad. Now I feel like a real idiot.

Not so intelligent after all,eh? Just thought I'd like to share where I was.

But still in remembrance of all the victims.

[edit on 7/9/04 by Intelearthling]

[edit on 7/9/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
I know it was on a Tuesday. I'm talking about this Thursday, 11SEP 04.

umm... my birthday is on sept 12 (sunday), so 9/11/04 is saturday

[edit on 9/7/2004 by s13guy]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   
At the time of the attacks I was sitting in bed late at night reading Tom Clancy's 'Executive Decision'. Man it really tripped me out when I looked over at the muted TV to see what happened, considering I had just read the part of the book where a plane crashed into a governemnt buildign killing the president. I was freaked.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I had just come home from school when i'd found out. on the news it was saying how the pentagon had been hit, and i thought that was bad. then it flicked a replay of a plane hitting the twin towers and a massive chill went down my back. i don't think i'll ever forget that moment

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I had just rolled out of bed, around 8 a.m. or so on the west coast. I turned on the TV and watched in just absolute shock as the news showed the planes hitting the WTC. For many moments I was just in utter shock and really thought it must have been a movie or something.

Then I panicked when I heard "flight 93" mentioned...my boyfriend at the time had just been visiting me and took a flight into Newark that arrived there at around 8 or 9 in the morning. Flight 93 was one he and I had taken so many times from Newark to San Francisco, so it made me a little hysterical to hear that! Took me a few moments to calm down and realize that he was returning to Newark and so wasn't on flight 93! I went into a frenzy calling him and some of my other friends who lived in NYC. Luckily, all were OK.

I mostly cried a lot that day...and it was a day to just call all my loved ones and feel close with them.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I had just woken up and unusually I didn't watch the news and found out when I got to work... its was the oddest feeling ever, but I've seen this coming for awhile

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I was curled up in bed with my girlfriend when a house guest said " My mom just called me on my cell phone , turn on the TV " we asked which chanel "It doesn't matter " she replied . I watched for an hour , went to work on a construction site that was SILENT all day with the exception of tools . No talking , no radios , no comments .

It took me three days to finally bawl my eyes out while watching a beautiful sunset . I have never felt so helpless in my life .

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I was going through the channels and first plane had hit.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   
It started out to be the usual 2 coffee breakfast (0600 PST). Jumped in the truck and turned on the scanner. Drive to work lasted about 15 mins and I overheard the local Fire Dispatch calling in all units from the Reno Air Show. All flights had been cancelled. I figured the WX was bad... Got to work and let the truck cool down. Opened the office door and that's when the news hit me. Everyone was huddled between the TV, and on occassion someone would answer the phone and take an order. We all stared at the TV images showing the impact of the 2nd plane into the other WTC tower. Then news footage flashed on the screen. Everyone was in disbelief. After about 10 mins, I decided to go back to my desk and see what FoxNews, CNN and Drudge had to report. I could not get on any of the sites for several hours. Major traffic jam on the net. I could visit less known websites to get some sort of update. The rest of the day was spent going through server logs, data replication errors, and the other redundancies of an IT worker.

The drive home that evening was quiet, very little traffic. Spent the next several hours watching and rewatching the events that unfolded earlier that day in NY, DC & PA on various news channels. I was surprised to see the lack of commercial breaks during the entire broadcasts.

I guess the next morning it hit me, when I opened up the local paper to read the stories of the previous day. I was mad (understatement) that anyone could even conceive of pulling off a stunt like that.

And here I am almost 3 years later, and every September 11th, I get the chills running down my back when I watch the news repeating on TV.
I'll never get over the events that unfolded that day in 2001.

NVBadBoy

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I was on duty, got a call. Went into lockdown and headed for the old homestead.
Was awake the next 28 hrs or so. Frantically calling (or trying to) friends CONUS.

Got updates per internet, mostly. Was on list with about 1300 members worldwide, lots CONUS. Mayhem on news, rumors, more rumors, some facts. Updates slow. Telephone lines dwn, web sites dwn, cell phones dwn.

Glued to TV, pc, phone.

It was bad. Real bad.

Backflashes of Nov. 22, 1963

Finally got through to a buddy at Boeing AH 64 Div., he told me everyone was shellshocked and started to break out their old gear, ready to move out.

On 9/22 we got a very personal All Hands, Man Down msg.

Life hasn�t been the same since.

Here is to
DDG67
& Fast Movers

COMSEUR

newyorkmetro.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 04:20 AM
link   
My grandma called on our answering machine (I was asleep as we all were lol lazy bones :cool
And she said, I remember: "They bombed the wold trade center again those assholes!" Keep in mind shes 75 so I chuckled hearing her cuss lolol! Then I realized what she said and picked up the phone and gave it to my parents (I am 16, a youngin' was 13 then) and promptly turned the TV on. Well man, that TV was on for I don't know how long, jeez... It was so horrible my dad used to work there! He knew people that died as did I... Real bad day

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I was at work, a co-worker shouted from his office that i should come check something..we viewed on cnn.com...surreal feeling...my girlfriend called and she cried.

[edit on 7-9-2004 by Kollapse]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I was just coming into work when another guy how had been on for a few hours came running into the shop and said that the WTC had been hit. I spent the next 15minutes or so trying to get a signal in on a TV without cable. A horrible day that I hope we never have to relive.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I was in my car when I heard of the attack, bringing a notebook computer back to the company I work for after a repair. I couldn�t believe it first. When I came back into the office, people asked me why they can�t open any news page (all bigger austrian news sites were absolutely unable to take the traffic). I told them, but they didn�t believe, so I turned the radio on for confirmation. Everyone was quite shocked and we were quite sure there would be war immediately after the bastard, who did this was found. After work, the first thing I did was to refuel my car (quite paranoid behavior if you look at it afterwards *g*).

To conclude, I think that most people in austria were really shocked about this terror attack.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I was on the bus to school when I heard the news about 9-11. Not one word was said on the bus. I remember walking to school it was dead Calm I dont think I heard a thing till I spoke to friend about what had happened. shortly there afterwards I can remember siting in the school library with my friend and talking about the info as it came to hand on the CNN website.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Three years ago on 9-11, I was employed at an engineering position at a large college campus wondering where the hell all the Arab students who frequented the basement break room every morning had gone when I got a call from the wife telling me the first plane had hit. I went into a lab where we had a small tv stashed and turned it on in time to see the second one hit, live.

After the moring of constant news coverage, I ventured out to have my suspicions confirmed. Of the thousands of exchange students from the middle east which represented a large part of the student body (especially in the engineering schools), not one could be found. Not in class, not in the labs, not in the libraries. Except for a few of us US residents, the place was dead.

In the months that followed, they began to trickle back in. A fellow emplyee and I kept in touch about what we were hearing and seeing around the engineering dept. There were several visits by US Marshalls and all of the sudden there were official looking people who seem to just hang out a lot.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Home school break.

My daughter had just finished math.
She turned on the TV to watch Clifford.
Instead of Clifford (it was 5 min until 9 am) we
saw the first tower burning.
Then as we stood there, we saw the second
tower hit.

It didnt' feel real ... not for months.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I was at work, ill remeber it as long as i live. I work for a telecoms company in the UK and we have a big plasma screen TV in the Reception area for visitors to watch while they wait to be seen.
I was going to get a drink of Coffie and i noticed a big crowd around the t.v.
I walked in and there it was in 40 inch crystal clear living colour.
I almost dropped my cup, it just didnt seem real, like a Holywood movie.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join