It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aimbot Aircraft guns.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I was thinking, why don't there be a little gun that pops out of the fighter while you are in a dogfight, and autoaim at the enemy and shoot. It can pivot and full control of everywhere.

[edit on 6-9-2004 by Laxpla]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla
I was thinking, why don't there be a little gun that pops out of the fighter while you are in a dogfight, and autoaim at the enemy and shoot. It can pivot and full control of everywhere.

[edit on 6-9-2004 by Laxpla]

With the growing trend of producing planes that are "first shot, first kill", the needs for this type of weapon is growing weaker and weaker.
This technology will greatly help helicopters.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Conventional canons have too short range to be effective. However the projected 100kw laser for JSF should be used. It will have 2 turrets 1 above and 1 under fuselage like on Stars Wars ships.. Those turrets are hiden until the pilot pops them up and shoot they have 360 degrees zone of attack. The range should be 15 km and can be used against misiles and also week parts of aircrafts. Another advantage is unlimited ammo. Bye bye dogfight.

[edit on 7-9-2004 by longbow]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I think the concept you just described Laxpla will be the norm on alot Air to Air missiles in the future. Which will allow a plane to fire its missile from any direction. I think there is already russian planes that can fire a missile from their six.

E_T

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I think the concept you just described Laxpla will be the norm on alot Air to Air missiles in the future. Which will allow a plane to fire its missile from any direction. I think there is already russian planes that can fire a missile from their six.

With thrust vectoring missiles there's really no big need to point missile towards target before launch.

www.raytheon.com...

new topics

top topics

join