It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has ATS become a community for jingoist and erroneous threads?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Lately I have been seeing a lot of threads that have been in my eyes erroneous, supported by jingoistic individuals. I believe people have lost the ability to think for themselves, and act accordingly. Many people have been supporting the mainstream media, and forget that we here at ATS look down upon the mainstream media. Yes we deny ignorance, but we also deny anything that is considered erroneous. I am sure that anyone on ATS wasn’t just born yesterday; if you were an intelligent individual you would observe everyday life around you and go from there instead of posting malarkey that someone else wrote or supposedly said.

Seriously, the spreading of dis-info is becoming ridiculous. This is becoming our reality, I would have never thought in my life I would be on ATS writing this, but people need to wake up and smell the Foldgers in their cup. This may be a rant, but it’s a rant which I am writing 1st person, not taking my sources from 3rd person parties, and switching it around into propaganda. Whatever happened to people being independent? Why do people have to be dependent on other people’s word? I look on this board and the majority of these people are people who have been here awhile yet it still looks like they are being spoon fed garbage.

I don’t care about Flags/Stars I careless. This thread is intended for people to start waking up and start thinking for their self. Go to your local library, and look through the dusty archives of books. They are dusty for a reason, because people fail to observe and look through history, and believe everything the Government says on television or even the Internet. I shouldn’t have to be writing this, but apparently someone has to break the ice. Peace

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

I will get back to you as soon as CNN tells me what to say.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Knock yourself out. Just make sure CNN doesn't spoon feed your brain with non sense to the point where you can't comprehend in a civilized fashion.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
In some instances,I agree.
I have to admit,though when you throw out a big word like jingoist,which I have never heard of I had to look it up.

one who loves and defends his or her country

Is that what you mean?
edit on 6-12-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Relax tough guy, I was agreeing with you in a sarcastic manner. Don't be so quick to think everyone is opposing you.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Are you sure you're not just ranting because you're eager to use the words "erroneous" and "jingoistic"?

For those who's vocabulary don't include these words....

jingoistic (jingo·istic)
Extreme nationalism characterized especially by a belligerent foreign policy; chauvinistic patriotism.

erroneous (er·ro·ne·ous)
Containing or derived from error; mistaken

edit on 6-12-2011 by Lighterside because: slight correction

ETA
By the way, every time I hear the word "malarkey" I instantly here Patrick Warburton's voice.... "What a bunch of malarkey"

edit on 6-12-2011 by Lighterside because: edit to add

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
The theme of "waking up" people who are brainless and unable to think for themselves is hardly new or untouched. Why should we believe your particular brand of messiah complex?

The answer is we shouldn't. If you or anyone else on this site who has posted something exactly like this actually wanted people to "wake up" you would become a font of said information. Instead of alienating people by acting like you are the only one privvy to the secrets of the world you should lead by example. Rather than succumbing to emotion you should teach.

Finally those dusty books are published by the same companies and people who own tv networks. Why should we take that info as any more real?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
i thought erroneus was those parts on a lady you touch to make her giggle

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

You gotta add a g in there somewhere,you know the g spot.

edit on 6-12-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Free Speech is a wonderful thing is it not? Even Partisans have that Right.

Criticism won't change that on its own. You lead by example. The right way would be to make poignant threads of your own to set an example I believe. I'm partly talking to and scolding myself here also.

edit on 12/6/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I was agreeing with you to. I was laughing about it. That's why I gave you a star. I have a sense of humor also.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Lighterside

I believe it can be used either or...As a noun or adjective...

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS

.........and forget that we here at ATS look down upon the mainstream media.

Yet you feel that categorization based on assumption, is permissible?

There is only one thing that '[color=C6F5D7]we here at ATS' all have in common.

[color=C6F5D7]We here at ATS are all individuals, each with our own opinion.

There is no topic that 100% of the people on ATS will agree upon.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I was agreeing with you to. I was laughing about it. That's why I gave you a star. I have a sense of humor also.

So you are saying I should take my own advice!?
Hahaha, sorry, I knew I shouldn't have come on ATS in such a foul mood. Star for you. (even though you don't care about them
)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

isnt that her glitoris

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I already knew I was going to get a mixed bag of thoughts and comments once I posted this thread, but heck I've seen more bizarre threads. I find it funny that this is only a rant and not a conspiracy...I guess everything is a conspiracy now days.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

hey one thing i noticed about this site is you see more rants in the genuine conspiracy threads than in the rant ones

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

Exactly, people tend to twist rants into conspiracies.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
and vice versa

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

reply to post by fairguy

Exactly, people tend to twist rants into conspiracies.

I don't think I have seen anyone do that but being that in your rant you basically accused the rest of ATS of being in collusion to spread dis-info AND.... being that this IS a conspiracy web site I don't think it would be outside of the realm of sane thought to think your rant was a conspiracy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join