It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did Rick Perry have his meltdown on national TV?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Rick Perry,

God confounds the tongue of the wicked. I believe that what we all witnessed in the GOP debate was an act of God in punishment for the sin of lying against his child Rick Perry. Rick Perry says that he has a Christian faith. When he tried to repeat Ron Paul's bit about cutting several departments of the federal government he failed for all to see. Why did this happen it was asked? I am here to tell you why.

God confounds the tongue of his faithful when they wickedly try and lie. He does this as a service to his believers. He is giving the liar who has faith the chance to correct their behavior. Confounding your speech is God's way of inspiring you to keep your stupid lying mouth shut.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Even though I'm not a believer....this is as good an explanation as I've ever heard. If Bush was really a Christian it certainly would explain a lot!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I would say his meltdown was a result of eating too many paint chips as a child. God is behind Rick Perry 100% just look at how God fixed the drought in Texas after Perry had prayer day.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Lets face it. It was a brain fart brought on by cranial constipation. That wide open area between his ears is hardly used, therefore when it was forced to push out something, it backfired on national television.... much to my amusement.

link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude
When he tried to repeat Ron Paul's bit about cutting several departments of the federal government he failed for all to see.

I don't disagree, and must point out that the entire MSM overlooked the fact and failed to mention that these were Paul's ideas originally, while they only focused on the oops of him only being able to name two of three departments.

Call it irony, karma, or an act of God... It is what it is and he has been hurting ever since, rightfully so.

link   
I am a believer, but personally I think the dude was so baked ...
(
)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

LOL you're right... Rick: Lord, send us some rain please.
God: Oh, you just think its bad now, pipsqueak.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
That old book does have some truths to it. Bush made a lot of gaffs, in my opinion, because he was saying things that he didn't necessarily agree with or even came up with. I've seen him speak, and speak fluently. But when you don't know what you're talking about or aren't being genuine, things like what Rick Perry did happen.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Rick Perry,

God confounds the tongue of the wicked. I believe that what we all witnessed in the GOP debate was an act of God in punishment for the sin of lying against his child Rick Perry. Rick Perry says that he has a Christian faith. When he tried to repeat Ron Paul's bit about cutting several departments of the federal government he failed for all to see. Why did this happen it was asked? I am here to tell you why.

God confounds the tongue of his faithful when they wickedly try and lie. He does this as a service to his believers. He is giving the liar who has faith the chance to correct their behavior. Confounding your speech is God's way of inspiring you to keep your stupid lying mouth shut.

Really?

Then why'd your God stop at Perry? Why does your God not punish people before the innocent suffer? Why does your God have more of an interest in the tongue of Rick Perry, then the well being of millions? Why didn't your God do something to the tongues of all his priests, teaching/spreading his word, before convincing alter boys that it's ok if they sexually abuse them? Why has your God not done this to the Pope, who has covered up sexual abuse with minors all over the world?

Your God seems more confused than you are.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Well you can blame God for Perry failing if you want, I personally think it was a case of he simply forgot. That is what happens when you copy other people and use their ideas as your own. You tend to forget and you forget because it is not what you truly believe.

Some might even call it human nature.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

If a Christian proclaims a belief in the supreme being that being has far more control over him because he has given that control over to his lord. There fore if Rick Perry proclaims a belief in God and then speaks outside of the truth God will confound his child's language and force him to speak the truth.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
any vids of this meltdown

meltdowns make for good edutainment.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

If a Christian proclaims a belief in the supreme being that being has far more control over him because he has given that control over to his lord. There fore if Rick Perry proclaims a belief in God and then speaks outside of the truth God will confound his child's language and force him to speak the truth.

That's a bunch of crap.

How about you respond to my previous points, instead of conveniently ignoring it? If your God has this control, why is it not exercised anywhere else? Christians lie all the time, left and right, from Janitors up to the White House. So where are all your examples of your God "confounding his child's language"?

My dad is a Christian, and a serious one at that. Yet he's lied numerous times, as has everyone else. Yet God didn't handle it the way you proclaim he will. Why is that? Why only Perry?

edit on 6-12-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

If someone professes a belief in Christ and it is false then Christ has no jurisdiction on that person. They are not a true believer. Their witness is false.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Rick Perry by calling on Christ and calling him his loard has caused the lord to confound his tounge because he has spoken untruth, He has said that he wants to shut certain departments of government down. I think he did not really believe what he was saying. God I think confounded his speech to outline the fact that he was lying.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
God hates Politicians

and Bankers.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Because he is a douchbag.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Is this a parody

new topics

top topics