It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Christians eat pork ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Sorry my Christian friends, I had another question about the religion of Jesus.
I still try to understand things about your faith. Jesus certainly didn't eat pig.
The bible prohibits it's consumption, and yet most Christian eat it.

Again, I thought Christians were supposed to be "Jesus like".
So why not be more like Jesus ?
Why eat the swine ??

The Bible
prohibits the consumption of pork, in the book of Leviticus

“And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven footed, yet he cheweth
not the cud; he is unclean to you”.

“Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcass shall ye not touch,
they are unclean to you.” [Leviticus 11:7-8]

Pork is also prohibited in the Bible in the book of Deuteronomy

“And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud,
it is unclean unto you. Ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their
dead carcass.” [Deuteronomy 14:8]

And remember, you are what you eat ...

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The Bible has been edited MANY times. No one know which is the "real" one.

+27 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Because bacon's too good to let God or anyone else stop us

+38 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Speaking of Leviticus:

Don't let cattle graze with other kinds of Cattle (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't have a variety of crops on the same field. (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't wear clothes made of more than one fabric (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't cut your hair nor shave. (Leviticus 19:27)

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed. (Leviticus 20:9) Have you ever done that?

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die. (Leviticus 20:10). I wonder if Dr. Laura would like that one to be enforced?

If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death. (Leviticus 20:11)

If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death. (Leviticus 20:14)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed. (Leviticus 20:15-16). I guess you should kill the animal since they were willing participants. Are they crazy?

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death. (Leviticus 20:27)

If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake. (Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community. (Leviticus 24:14-16)

Don't let cattle graze with other kinds of Cattle (Leviticus 19:19)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

I believe Christians began eating pork when they absorbed many of the customs of the european pagans into their religion, specifically, the eating of pork was a major practice in the Northern countries, particularly around Christmas time when the Wild Hunt took place.

+4 more 
link   
.....If we truly wanted to follow Jesus' teachings we wouldn't bicker about what and what not we should be eating......

Why do Christians eat pork? probably because it tastes damn good.

link   

Honestly, cannot get my head round this, there is no religiion that is factual at all!

Oink, oink - sorry just burped.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Bacon is a faith changer... The stuff is divine so therefore...

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Old Testament laws do not apply to the new law that Jesus brought..."It is not that which a man takes into his mouth that defiles him, but rather what comes out".

Pork in...not out...unless you have been consuming mass quantities of alcohol...then maybe out!

Either way...old laws that have no relevance now!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The question people rarely ask is why you shouldn't eat pork. The most often given answer to those who do answer the question is "it is dirty" but of course with billions eating it that notion makes little to no sense and there are far dirtier things we eat regular - fast food anyone?

The reason for not eating it is that the pig contains human DNA. Those in the know were told not to eat it for that reason - eating one's own is frowned upon in a developed society. Over time that little fact was pushed away for obvious reasons, but the original reason was DNA issues and the possible contamination of the race of beings who were consuming it - fear the DNA would alter the human DNA in ways that could not be controlled.

Ever wonder why the pig is used in experiments concerning human organ replacement?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I still try to understand things about your faith. Jesus certainly didn't eat pig. The bible prohibits it's consumption, and yet most Christian eat it.

What's your faith mate?

What do you eat?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv

Either way...old laws that have no relevance now!

Correct, according to many Christian beliefs it is accepted that when Jesus brought the "New Covenant" it freed the people from the Old Covenant. Therefore many of the "laws" of the Old Testament were replaced.

Here is some required reading for the OP so that they can argue against religion better in the future:

New Covenant Theology (or NCT) is a Christian theological system which teaches that the Old Testament Laws have been fulfilled and abrogated[1] or cancelled[2] with Christ's death, and replaced with the Law of Christ of the New Covenant. It shares similarities and yet is distinct from Dispensationalism and Covenant Theology and attempts to eliminate the perceived weak points of the two.[3] New Covenant theologians, however, understand many of the Old Covenant laws as reinstituted under the New Covenant.

New Covenant Theology
edit on 6-12-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

Does this logic mean that the Ten Commandments don't count either?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The old Testament laws were usurped with the advent of Jesus. He replaced those old laws with his teachings and love for humankind. Jesus fullfilled the prophecies of the old text, thus replacing them with his new teachings sent by God.

Why do Muslems and other religions not eat pork? Why do some, stone people, over arbitrary concerns?
edit on 12/6/2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9
Sorry my Christian friends, I had another question about the religion of Jesus.
I still try to understand things about your faith. Jesus certainly didn't eat pig.
The bible prohibits it's consumption, and yet most Christian eat it.

Again, I thought Christians were supposed to be "Jesus like".
So why not be more like Jesus ?
Why eat the swine ??

The Bible
prohibits the consumption of pork, in the book of Leviticus

“And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven footed, yet he cheweth
not the cud; he is unclean to you”.

“Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcass shall ye not touch,
they are unclean to you.” [Leviticus 11:7-8]

Pork is also prohibited in the Bible in the book of Deuteronomy

“And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud,
it is unclean unto you. Ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their
dead carcass.” [Deuteronomy 14:8]

And remember, you are what you eat ...

Cow or lamb is not much better, if you want to get rigth down to it. So you may eat lamb every day does not mean you are a lamb or if you eat carrots every day same thing. Pork is supposed to be healthier than the other meats, aside from chicken. There was a slogan where they called it "the other white meat" meaning it had less artery clogging fat and they were comparing it to chicken.

As far as the biblical stuff, in those days people were more prone to getting sick from under cooking meat so seeing people getting sick from pork would appear that the meat was bad and they were obviously superstitious at the time.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Christians eat pork because they are not Christians at all. They are in fact Paulians!!!

These Paulians allow the words, ideas, and 'visions' of Saul of Tarsus (Apostle Paul) to supercede the words of Lord God and Jesus Christ.

edit on 12/6/11 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This forum is dedicated to the speculation and examination into conspiracies and scandals perpetrated or inspired by organized religions. This forum is not for the general discussion of religious topics. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of focusing on conspiracy theory, cover-ups, and scandals.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by isyeye

Yes...that's exactly what it means!

2nd...

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Christian 1: well it's winter and the crop's reserve storage has already been eaten... no more meat in the shack either.. there are no fowl and no acess to fish! what shall we do!

Christian 2: well there's plenty of wild boar around.. it's everywhere actually..

Christian 1: no.. we must starve to death...

Christian 1: riiiiight... see u at dinner buddy..

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

because bacon is yum yum!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join