It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

** Ron Paul Wins Oklahoma Straw Poll **

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Ron Paul - 46%
Herman Cain - 25%
Newt Gingrich - 17%
Mitt Romney - 6%
Rick Perry - 3%
Michele Bachmann - 2%
Rick Santorum - 1%
Gary Johnson - less than 1%

Poll was conducted online at www.OklahomaStrawPoll.com from November 21st to December 5th.

Looks like some Herman Cain followers likely voted before his fiasco. Paul probably would have won in a landslide if he garnered even a small percentage of Cain followers. He still pretty much did.

Link to original website
edit on 6-12-2011 by Dance4Life because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Michele Bachmann - 2% USA , seriously ?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by OrNaM3nT

What did you expect? That is about her average I am guessing in all of these polls.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

I expected less than 0.5% .

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OrNaM3nT

You should come to expect less of America

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
These online polls don't do much for me. Were only Oklahoman's allowed to vote? Or anybody on the internet?
If anybody on the internet could vote, this no way represents strictly Oklahoma.

edit on 6-12-2011 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-12-2011 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by capone1
These online polls don't do much for me.

Edit: nvm. This one was online it seems, which is kinda odd because most straw polls as far as I know are in person votes.
edit on 6-12-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

You had to be an OK resident and pay $5.00 to vote.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life
reply to post by capone1

You had to be an OK resident and pay $5.00 to vote.

Well, #.

Awesome.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Looks like Gingrich was the big winner here!

Since Ron Paul doesn't have a chance and Herman Cain just dropped out.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Meanwhile... The media STILL hardly ever mention him...

[sigh]

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Are you serious? I mean really, are you? Have you been living under a rock? Oh, I bet I know...You strictly watch Fox News. Not only does Ron Paul have a chance of winning, he has a chance of winning by an embarrassing margin.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus

Are you serious? I mean really, are you? Have you been living under a rock? Oh, I bet I know...You strictly watch Fox News. Not only does Ron Paul have a chance of winning, he has a chance of winning by an embarrassing margin.

Do you Ron Paul people realize that this old guy had the same buzz 4 years ago?

Every bogus poll was played up huge by you people. Then the primaries started, reality hit, you faded away, then started the same game 4 years later.

He doesn't have a chance. He polls well with the anti-war, and pro-drug crowd, and Democrats love him. Can't win the Republican nomination with that kind of backing.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Really?

He has stated numerous times he wouldn't have voted for the "Civil Rights Act". He's for legalizing ALL DRUGS, is for legalizing prostitution, deregulating EVERYTHING, against a federal minimum wage,and is even against simple things such as AMBER ALERTS, he's fundamentally against the existence of Social Security and Medicare, etc. Believe me, there is much more, and yes, he has an explanation for these stances, but that won't mean anything to the general public.

How many voting blocks did I just eliminate???
edit on 6-12-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus

Do you Ron Paul people realize that this old guy had the same buzz 4 years ago?

Every bogus poll was played up huge by you people. Then the primaries started, reality hit, you faded away, then started the same game 4 years later.

He doesn't have a chance. He polls well with the anti-war, and pro-drug crowd, and Democrats love him. Can't win the Republican nomination with that kind of backing.

Only an uninformed idiot would think the following Ron had 4 years ago is equal to the following he has now. That's simply ignoring facts, which have been stated, and posted time and time again, on ATS for all to see.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

You keep saying that, but the fact is, he has a much slicker run campaign, with heavy hitters this time. He is polling way better in the "official" polls. His main competitors are falling by the wayside. He is getting more mainstream coverage now. He looks more relaxed and confident than he ever has before. Actually, he looks more relaxed and confident right now than he did just 3 months ago. Either he is better coached, or he is enjoying the support, but whatever the reason he is looking more and more "electable" every day.

I'm happy to let you ride your opinion all the way through the Florida primary. Let's see who is correct about 60 days from now. If I must eat crow, I'm willing, but I suspect you better stock up on the poultry seasoning.

I know a TON of Ron Paul supporters that didn't even know who he was in 2008.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Really?

He has stated numerous times he wouldn't have voted for the "Civil Rights Act". He's for legalizing ALL DRUGS, is for legalizing prostitution, deregulating EVERYTHING, against a federal minimum wage,and is even against simple things such as AMBER ALERTS, he's fundamentally against the existence of Social Security and Medicare, etc. Believe me, there is much more, and yes, he has an explanation for these stances, but that won't mean anything to the general public.

How many voting blocks did I just eliminate???

You didn't eliminate any voting blocks? You just won him some more intelligent supporters.
Keep it up!

He isn't for "legalizing" anything, because "legalizing" implies writing a law that makes something legal. Ron Paul is against any laws that the Federal Govt doesn't have authority for. If he wanted to "legalize" it would infringe on state's rights. He doesn't care if all 50 states outlaw drugs and prostitution, he just doesn't want the Fed to do it.

He is against SS and MC because they are broken. We already have programs to help the impoverished, so if an elderly person finds themselves destitute, we have programs for that, just like we do for young people. He doesn't want to take away any earned benefits, he won't be yanking the rug out, he will just be working to create alternatives and phase the system out in a fair manner.

I'm against Amber Alerts. They are already becoming misused and abused, and we are already desensitized to them. It only takes a couple of instances where the wrong parent has the child on the wrong day before the whole thing is a waste of time. It's happened at least twice in Florida where a kid was "kidnapped" by the wrong parent and it was all a misunderstanding.

If you don't understand the guy, then don't vote for him. Simple as that. We wouldn't want it any other way. It takes a certain amount of intelligence and personal responsibility to empathize with his stances, and not everyone is equipped properly.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Also, This Thread speaks volumes about his "electability."

He has raised more money than any other candidate from the military. He is running to be commander-in-chief, and who do the troops want to work for? RON PAUL!!

That says volumes to me.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Really?

He has stated numerous times he wouldn't have voted for the "Civil Rights Act".

I get so tired of un-informed individuals making these kinds of statements because they think it makes them look smarter. Recently this is mostly based on a Chris Mathews interview where Chris Mathews clearly tried to make Ron Paul out to be some kind of racist. Ron Paul clearly stated he was not against getting rid of the Jim Crow laws, he is against the property rights element. Here is a video of the exchange between Paul and Mathews, make the judgment for yourself.

Again, clearly Chris Mathews is trying to scream "racist" (as many leftists always do) because he doesn't have the intellectual capacity to understand Ron Paul's real position on the issue.
edit on 6-12-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join