It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Citizens To Be 'Educated and Prepared for Homeland Security'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Michigan Citizens To Be 'Educated and Prepared for Homeland Security'

www.datelinezero.com

The Michigan DHS paid for, and transferred 13 snow cone machines at a total cost of $11,700. ...
Officials in Michigan are being asked to explain the purchases, and the answers are painting a picture that’s far stranger than $11,700 worth of snow cone makers for a cold state. According to a “Cost Justification document,” the machines are to be used to “provide snow cones as an outreach at promotional events.”

Elaborating on what these “promotional events” might be...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.wzzm13.com
thedailynews.cc

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The DHS's "see something, say something" program is leaving Wall Mart stores and going straight to county-level outreach.

This has been stumbled upon totally by accident. Inquiries were being made as to why the West Michigan Shoreline Regional Development Commission received 13 snow cone makers, and where the money came.

The purchases were made by Michigan's Homeland Security.

And the WMSRDC Executive Director came right out and said it: They are to be “used to attract people so they can be educated and prepared for homeland security.”

A cost justification document backs up that statement. It explains that the machines can serve another purpose: treating heat injuries. But the machines "to be used to provide snow cones as outreach at promotional events."

I think we stumbled onto something serious here. is the government going to be doing local outreach and instruct people to spy on each other. Or did the government really think that snow cone machines are good for treating heat-related injuries in a cold state?

www.datelinezero.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Hmmm.... I live in Michigan, too, and I'm going to have to be on the lookout for this. It doesn't seem to add up, like you said.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

I think we stumbled onto something serious here. is the government going to be doing local outreach and instruct people to spy on each other.

They already have. They have citizen spy brigades, Infraguard, spies in the churches directing them to direct their "flock" to do whatever the government deems appropriate.

Yes, because once your government determines that every single American is a threat, you need every single american snitching or the whole deal falls apart.

As might as the US is, intelligence agencies do indeed have budgets, you can't put everyone on the pay role, so you indoctrinate them from childhood into a snitch snitch mentality.

Kids snitching on their parents
Neighbors spying on neighbors
Businesses spying and collecting data for the government.

Is this 2011 in the US or Nazi Germany or Communist Russia?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

I am a resident of michigan and I am starting to wonder if it is becoming a proving ground for TPTB?

Mich igan State Police extract cell phone data at traffiic stops.

Microphones in street lights in Farmington Hills michigan.

edit on 6-12-2011 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Why just Michigan and not other states? What IF they were to tell the people in michigan to prepare for worst case scenario that would leak out to other states and cause a pandemic of panic? Idk just thinking out loud.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mik3ymik3
Why just Michigan and not other states? What IF they were to tell the people in michigan to prepare for worst case scenario that would leak out to other states and cause a pandemic of panic? Idk just thinking out loud.

i'm unsure if it relates to this issue, but Michigan is one of the hardest hit by the economic woes. i think i read a true unemployment figure of around 24% with using the U6 numbers.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Hmm, sno-cones and clowns.

Sounds like a circus to me.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
Hmm, sno-cones and clowns.

Sounds like a circus to me.

what else would you expect from Obama=Ringling bros and congress=Barnum and Baily.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 3101112

Michigan is ranked number 47 in the nation for their rate of employment.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

I read those articles in your link and the thing is, there are welcome legitimate uses for the technology that don't necessarily mean anything Orwellian has to come to fruition. As a parent who has just read my fill of the most recent horrific child abduction and murder case in Georgia, I welcome at least the use of the intelligent light pole system for Amber Alerts and I hope that the police mean it when they say the cell phone data extraction is done only under warrant and in cases like child trafficking. But of course, I wouldn't be a member of ATS if I didn't have my cynical suspicious side that CAN see all this eventually being used to put us further into a police state where somehow child trafficking and murder still continue unabated despite citizens living under unprecedented scrutiny.

I haven't been a member of a church in about thirty years, so what is all this talk about people spying on each other in churches? I know the FBI keeps tabs on Muslims in mosques, a form of profiling some feel is justified. But is there really a new wave of parishioners ratting each other out? Not that that would be anything new. Part of the many reasons I left organized religion behind was all the backbiting gossip and pathological nosiness. I am still a Christian but sorry, didn't find the churches I tried out full of much Christlike behavior in those days.
edit on 6-12-2011 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: I can't type worth jack

edit on 6-12-2011 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: When I don't screw up iPad autofill decides to embarrass me instead

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mik3ymik3
reply to post by 3101112

Michigan is ranked number 47 in the nation for their rate of employment.

actually for October you were ranked officially by U3 numbers at 23rd.

disregard that i got a bad graph, server fatal error exception or something of the like. i see where you got 47th.
edit on 6-12-2011 by 3101112 because: (no reason given)

here's a link to actual state wide U6 numbers although i have no idea how accurate they are. Michigan is at 21%

proximityone.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
America is a joke. It's more and more like DDR every day. I'm sitting here, right now, laughing my ass of. "The land of the free".
We ough to nuke it before it spreads.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sorgmodig

Beautiful. Here in America, we call that "Throwing out the baby with the bathwater". Never mind the human beings you're okay with roasting. It's our GOVERNMENT we need to sterilize, not the poor people being trampled.

Classy.

Cuhail

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Maybe they should call it "Snitches and Snow'Cones" cause isn't that what they are encouraging here. Paying the snitches with shaved ice and corn syrup.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Summer has started in Australia..send some snow-cone love this way!

The past few years have been far from the great Aussie summer we grew up with but it seems (touch wood!) that this summer is going to be a scorcher

Set up a DHS stall down at St. Kilda beach...you'll bag out on terrorist nabbings provided we get free snow cones!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mik3ymik3

Unemployment. And the Michigan militia folks. Plus, there are a large number of Muslims in Dearborn. (Wasn't there a stink about an alleged plot of blow up a bridge several years ago?)

There's just so much for the political class to be paranoid about.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Why Michigan? 22% of the worlds fresh water, and a population that is outnumbered 10 to 1 by firearms. The government wants access to all that water(and the profits).

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
1) Attract kids with tasty treats but before you give them to them:
2) Turn kiddies into spies; children learn faster when they think they'll get tasty treats afterwords
3) Profit?

Michigan just has bizarre energy.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
They can buy all the snow cone machines they want beats tanks and tear gas. Whys does DHS seem like a far greater threat to our freedom than any terrorist could over hope to be.

PS sometimes it is rather hot here in Michigan
edit on 12/6/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join