It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I think humankind are Gods pets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
My thesis
Humankind are Gods pets, If man was made in Gods image then perhaps our affinity for pets (lower life forms) is the same as Gods affinity for humans (lower lifeforms). In other words we might think of ourselves as Gods children but in fact it might be closer to the truth that we were special purpose manufactured for some purpose that God at the time needed. Perhaps as an organic based mineral mining automaton. One that was originally obedient and worked according to its program. Then some bit of God code went off and the creature started questioning the creator. Now Gods new pet was dangerous to the creator because the creator had put so much of himself in this new creation of his that it now posed an existential threat to the creator. He could not morally destroy his creation no matter what because this creation was self aware and had far too much of the creator in it for the creator to be able to justify destroying.

Well that is my idea in a nut shell. I think we are creations of a vastly superior force that has at least a hand in the creation of life and intelligence in this universe.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
my dog believes in me because I can prove to him that I do infact exist
I STINK therefore I am

well sometimes my can opener smells like dog food....

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I thought there was a quote but could not find it. It would go like this " no man has dreamed of the wonders that God has in store for mankind". I believe God created mankind to spread out and populate numerous star systems. Obviously we have a lot to learn and explore. Imagine if one million years in the future there are hundreds of planets like Earth with billions of people on each planet. It would be like starting with a tiny mustard seed that grew into a vast garden. What if God created this universe and we are the only intelligent life in it? That would be pretty amazing by itself and it would also be amazing to meet other intelligent life in different star systems. We have a lot of wonders to learn about I believe as a species. That is if we learn to control ourselves without starting WWIII.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

I believe pretty much the same thing. I believe that God created us to populate this universe. Go forth be fruitful and multiply was never repealed. As far as I know. This will end in human expansion into the rest of our local universe at some point.

edit on 4-12-2011 by wayouttheredude because: dyslexic

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Supposing your idea that we were created for a single "limited-time" purpose like mineral mining, would it stand to reason that we also may have been imbued with an instinct to 'self-destruct' when our tasks had been taken care of?

We're no longer useful to our creator so maybe now we are preparing to obliterate ourselves with nuclear fallout - Fukushima Daiichi, nuclear war, etc. etc.

I dunno just throwin some things out there, always like to play the 'what if' game

edit on 4-12-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
What does this section have to do with God?

Oh sorry, sorry, 2nd line.
edit on 4-12-2011 by Violence because: TRY A DIFFERENT SECTION YO, LIKE GRAY AREA.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
gave me the weirdest idea.

you said something about mining. maybe he creates us to "mine" for new thoughts and ideas. gives us each the capacity for deep thought in new ways to find answers to questions he asked eons ago then lives out each answer or some bs i don't know.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

How do I know that He isn't going to eat me. After all Jesus told Peter, more than once, to care for his lambs. Lambs are tasty.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Your response gave me the weirdest idea. What if the all seeing eye is really all of us created intelligences out here collectively looking out at the universe together as we wonder what is out there. We see an all seeing eye that is all of us in reality looking for and at each other.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
WOW! Far be it from me to tell anyone what to believe but I thing I have a few questions.

If we were made in GODS image....why the hell would GOD....supposed creator of the Multiverse....want to be confined to such a limited construct of a body. I mean....let's face it....if you have the means.....you don't go with the Micro-Mini Sub-Compact.....you are gonna go where you need or want to go....maybe the VET? Or....maybe....a BIG 4x with all the lift kit and mud flaps.....or maybe....a VAN....with a Waterbed and art work by Frank Frazetta on the side...the guy that did the Warrior Art for the Molly Hatchet Albums? Or maybe you go with a super fast Italian one of a kind Lamborghini?

My point is....We Evolved into what we are....if there is a GOD...his form has STYLE! Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I don't get the reference to lower and higher life forms. I believe we are all life forms - alive and sentient. I respect other peoples opinions but sometimes it does not resonate with me.

As for whether we are the pets of God - hmmm. I see our journey through life in this Earthly paradigm as a school. We get to experience all sorts of situations - some we choose and others that get chosen for us. I also see this journey as being in hell - more so since I have awakened - and it means I have to exercise my faith and trust.

The Bard did say that we are all players and the world is but a stage - maybe he is right - we are just acting out our own personal matrix. I just wish they did not all collide so much if that is the case - and why do so many people and animals have to suffer.

Whether we are pets - students - sinners - actors - or something else we have not considered yet - I just wish we could hurry up and get to the part of this journey where we learn to get along and everyone and everything gets to heal.

Much Peace...and lots of that too...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

When I say that I think God treats us much like pets I mean that if the creator can create the multiverse why did the creator create it? The answer it seems to me is that the creator is a watcher. He or She or both like to look at and examine their creation and they do this by creating the possibility for life which will evolve into sentient creatures.

Once sentient these creatures might find their way back to their source. This is a process that the creator enjoys and that is the reason for creation. Create nearly boundless universe constructs and populate it with life that is nano technology programmed to become sentient then when the sentient creatures reach with their minds to find their source the circle of life is returned and the Creator gains from the life experience of his sentient creature exploring his creation.

More than just one human has seen the I Am Presence. Has spoken to this source of life and consciousness and has reported this experience to his or her fellow humans. The question remains to me even with this knowledge. Does the creator see us as pets, children, or perhaps just a sort of information or experience collecting device.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
If we are God's pets, then the SPCA should take us away from his abusing ways...

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The correct term is proxies. Through the Door, omniscience can now also withhold consciousness that is finite. Thus infinite is greater than infinite by also being finite as a set that is unlimited in numeration, iteration and variation, which, of course, requires all of eternity to complete. Not just human lifeforms either.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Well I don't believe in God, but for the sake of this thread I will say that if we are in fact Gods pets the relationship is most closely related to that of Micheal Vick and his dogs.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Excuse me, i seem to have gotten lost from the Aliens & UFO board by mistake. Could somebody show me the way back?

top topics

join