It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greys Wouldn't Exist.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Couldn't think of a proper title, but yes, Greys could theoretically exist, but the conditions for their planet would have to be very similar to Earth.

Aliens would probably look like nothing humans have ever seen because of the huge size of the universe, and thus the probability of diversity of planets.

Or maybe life wouldn't be able to evolve on anything except planets like Earth.

I'm probably walking on old ground, though.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
There are aliens check out the NASA tether experiment there are energy based life forms that suddenly appear.. everywhere.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuppy

Very old ground but you have to start somewhere.
To be honest, i'm a bit bored with this topic as i've spent a lot of time looking into it.

I'm waiting for more/better evidence to come to light before i plunge back in.
Hope you get a nice debate though

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by natalietruth
There are aliens check out the NASA tether experiment there are energy based life forms that suddenly appear.. everywhere.

Assuming these energy beings were higher on the evolutionary scale then mammals, exactly what mutations would we require at the time to become like this?

And I will admit that I only started this thread to throw my head in the ring.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I agree, but even when we expect that there is a very low chance of human-like aliens evolving naturally, there's no reason to rule out the possibility that they might technologically assume/project a human-like from. We could probably imagine a variety of reasons why they might choose to do that.

Edit: I don't agree with some of your reasoning though.

because of the huge size of the universe, and thus the probability of diversity of planets.
It's not the size of the universe that leads to the diversity of planets/life on those planets. It's the number of variables involved in the development of any specific form of life. Because the number of variables are so huge, you would expect to find a huge distance (spatially and temporally) separating any two examples of species developing in a similar manner.

edit on 3-12-2011 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-12-2011 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuppy

Couldn't think of a proper title, but yes, Greys could theoretically exist, but the conditions for their planet would have to be very similar to Earth.

If they Do exist ( big IF) the gravity would have to be less than Earth most likely, so their thin necks (from most "sightings") could support their large heads...
edit on 12/3/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: by "IF" i mean greys. It is almost a mathematical certainty that some sort of life is out there...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I think you will find the "aliens" in the video are infact out of focus ice particles.
Debunked a long time ago

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuppy

I forget the name of the algorithm, but a famous physicist thought up an algorithm including things like; how many galaxies there are and how many stars are in those galaxies that are just like our sun, and how many planets could be around those sun-sized stars, and how many of those planets would be in the "Goldie Locks" zone (not too far from the star, but not too close...juuuuuust right). I think the outcome of the algorithm was something outrageously unfathomable. Think. 1 galaxy...8 trillion stars (literally 8 trillion in SMALL galaxies)...70 trillion planets....1.2 billion of those in the "Goldie Locks" zone...you do the rest.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by Cuppy

If they Do exist ( big IF) the gravity would have to be less than Earth most likely, so their thin necks (from most "sightings") could support their large heads...
edit on 12/3/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: by "IF" i mean greys. It is almost a mathematical certainty that some sort of life is out there...

Not every humanoid creature has to have the same characteristics as a our species. Who are you to say they're muscles couldn't be like an orangutans? They could be a quarter of our size, yet 4 times as strong.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by blueberrywaffles

The Drake equation, but it doesn't take colonized worlds into account, and most of its variables are just guesses.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Here's some food for thought:

Grey's were once human like beings that chose the path of technology, which eventually destroyed their atmosphere (sounds familiar right?) so they had to go underground. If a race lives a million years under the surface of their planet, with technology that does everything for them, that's what the race as a whole will become. Larger eyes to see in the darkness, skinny body, little to no muscles and a skin that turns white without sunlight.

Why do you have skin colors? Its because of melatonin in reponse to sunlight. As the sun gradually disappeared, we would have no need for the skin colors we have today. We would possibly all look ghostly white, and have to develop thicker skin to adapt to the coldness we'd have without sunlight. Here evolution could experiment with skin.
answers.yahoo.com...

edit on 3-12-2011 by SunLightyear because: edit

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Here's the experiement on UFO Hunters that shows how ghost images like those in the tether case are caused by reflection of the lens hood when using such a high-sensitivity setting as that required for the camera to capture the tether itself (from about 6:00 in this video):

UFO Hunters NASA part 4

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunLightyear
Here's some food for thought:

Grey's were once human like beings that chose the path of technology, which eventually destroyed their atmosphere (sounds familiar right?) so they had to go underground. If a race lives a million years under the surface of their planet, with technology that does everything for them, that's what the race as a whole will become. Larger eyes to see in the darkness, skinny body, little to no muscles and a skin that turns white without sunlight.

Why do you have skin colors? Its because of melatonin in reponse to sunlight. As the sun gradually disappeared, we would have no need for the skin colors we have today. We would possibly all look ghostly white, and have to develop thicker skin to adapt to the coldness we'd have without sunlight. Here evolution could experiment with skin.
answers.yahoo.com...

edit on 3-12-2011 by SunLightyear because: edit

Any proof?

No. Just your opinion.

Not food for thought, just refuse.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by Cuppy

And taking this reasoning a step further, wouldn't the gravity conditions on earth make it difficult for greys be in earth's gravity, without some type of artificial protection?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuppy

If you are not aware, some people have claimed that 'greys' are not an actual species, but rather an engineered biological tool. In that case it could look like anything the makers want it to look like.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
why you all saying that aliens do not exist you think that this planet is the only one where live is posible
i think you are verry stupit iff you think like that most posters here are blind and do not think open mindit

i ask you this question why you come to this forum iff you believe nothing from here stay away please
edit on 4-12-2011 by tracher999 because: something

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracher999
why you all saying that aliens do not exist you think that this planet is the only one where live is posible
i think you are verry stupit iff you think like that most posters here are blind and do not think open mindit

i ask you this question why you come to this forum iff you believe nothing from here stay away please
edit on 4-12-2011 by tracher999 because: something
No one on this topic has said "aliens do not exist."

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuppy

Aliens would probably look like nothing humans have ever seen because of the huge size of the universe, and thus the probability of diversity of planets.

It's possible that convergent evolution always leads to bipedal, intelligent creatures such as ourselves. We really have no way of knowing if this is true or not, though. It's just not out of the questions that they'd have to look like us- but probably unlikely. Without more data, we cannot say.

For life as we know it to exist, conditions must be at least roughly similar to what you find here on Earth.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuppy

The thing that I don't understand is that their skin is like a hard white plastic, fingers are rough, and a human is 3 times as strong as a grey alien. They have the (mind power?) ability to find people and go through time. They have a lot of machines, and they have the ability to hypnotize somebody, levitate them. They have the ability to shapeshift, yes greys. So who can imagine a home planet like that? It just doesn't go together.

Inside information from a man who got closest to the UFO enigma is that the society of the greys is full of orbs that float around monitoring everything.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuppy

Or maybe life wouldn't be able to evolve on anything except planets like Earth.

I'm probably walking on old ground, though.

There are a numerous, if not infinite amount of earth like planets in our universe.

Your entire premise is wrong. The huge size of the universe INCREASES the probability there are aliens which look similar to us, not to mention the most intelligent species on this planet evolved into being upright, bi-pedal, eyes in front of the head with opposable thumbs. Why wouldn't/couldn't it happen elsewhere, and why would you be so certain is would happen elsewhere, is such a dissimilar fashion?

I was expecting a more thought out argument, or presentation of theory, when I clicked on this thread. Not much thought involved here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join