It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Friday Best-Seller: Guns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Black Friday Best-Seller: Guns

abcnews.go.com

Americans were big spenders on Black Friday–especially on guns.

Numbers from the Federal Bureau of Investigation show an all-time one-day high for background check requests from gun buyers last Friday. There were 129,166 requests to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS)–a third more than the previous record of 97,848 on Black Friday 2008, FBI spokesman Stephen Fischer said. On Black Friday last year, there were 87,061 requests.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
This is interesting news. It is the largest day for the FBI instant background checks on record. What does this tell everyone about how people are feeling this year. They feel like giving each other firepower for Christmas. It is going to be a bang up year on 2012 I think and this is just one little indicator of that likely fact.

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
They are getting ready .

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I got a new Kimber classic stainless target, love those 1911s.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NoClue206

I am curious. did you buy your Kimber on Black Friday? Did you contribute to this statistic?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

yes i did

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I bought 3 pistols and 4 rifles one Black Friday this year from the pawn shop Total cost $1100 Actual Value $3500+

For the last 2 years all of the local gun shops and pawn shops have had killer Black Friday sales.

Secure

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Posting this before somebody posts "So it begins". It has already begun, and this is a sign that it is gonna kick up to a higher gear pretty soon. Occupy your own homes people, they're gonna be the next battlefield!

new topics

top topics

join