It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My new movement, We are the 98%

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I have decided I would like to start a new movement, we are the 98%. Unlike the other 2% we have a clear defined message.

We the 98% are getting really sick of the 1% who are breaking the law at OWS movements and stealing our tax dollars while they sit on unemployment and cause massive havoc in the towns we love.

We the 98% are also sick of the 1% who are corrupt and somehow can get laws passed that allow one of the largest companies in the US to pay less then the average person in taxes.

We the 98% are tired of the finger pointing of "its Republicans or Democrats faults". We the 98% just want it fixed and we want our leaders to know right from wrong and not be swayed by the other 2%.

That is my movement and sadly you are the 98% even if you don't like it because well... I said so and its a percent thing.

How do you feel about the new movement you have now joined?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Dammit! I hate automatic opt-in. I wish the default were opt-out, and you had to check a box to opt-in....

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

It could be worse, I could have said you have also switched your long distance carrier without your agreed consent to somebody in Africa.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR

We the 98% are tired of the finger pointing of "its Republicans or Democrats faults". We the 98% just want it fixed and we want our leaders to know right from wrong and not be swayed by the other 2%.

How do you feel about the new movement you have now joined?

So...
what you're saying is that 98% of the world is American.
I dispute your math.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

No sir. This is a US thing only, if you want to join then you will clearly need to make your own 98% group or what ever percentage you feel works for your country. You can also make a world wide group but I fail at math to help you with that.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

I stopped listening at:

stealing our tax dollars
You clearly dont understand how the world works.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp

I stopped listening at:

stealing our tax dollars
You clearly dont understand how the world works.

I'm always opening to learning. Maybe you can help me better understand with your brilliance.

Clearly I'm not as smart as you, maybe I just worded it poorly.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I already started my own group... I am the 0.0000003% and I stand for the protection and care of my family and those in my care by any means necessary within the boundaries of my personal ethics.

edit on 11-30-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Honestly my friend what you have stated makes me think your group should be more like the 30%. I dunno though, these percentages are getting weird and are hard to back up.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
I already started my own group... I am the 0.0000003% and I stand for the protection and care of my family and those in my care by any means necessary within the boundaries of my personal ethics.

edit on 11-30-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

i like that group also, it's sad that most people dont realize just how much more important family is instead of money or anything else going on in the world. Cherish the days you have because you never know how many days that will be.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Well firstly, your tax dollars are already stolen; it doesn’t matter what they spend it on. Secondly tax is just a system for guaranteeing a banks loan to the government.
The occupy movement is not in any way your enemy, the problems they are raising very much effect you and that will become more obvious soon enough; we have the power to change things now or wait until they get a lot worse.
They are hardly breaking the law, its ridiculous to use camping laws against a group of people; it’s merely an excuse. Also if the law is coming in an escalating a 'crime' like camping into a violent crime like assault and battery its defeating its purpose. Don’t blame the protesters for the state paying police to come oppress them, blame the laws and system that make it impossible for your fellow human to raise the issues and speak their mind. Camping and keeping the issues in people’s minds is the only way to fix the issues you raised later in your thread and others because it is a method that wakes more and more people up everyday. People have been saying this stuff for ages, but it never accomplished anything; occupy has and still is.

We the 98% are also sick of the 1% who are corrupt and somehow can get laws passed that allow one of the largest companies in the US to pay less then the average person in taxes. We the 98% are tired of the finger pointing of "its Republicans or Democrats faults". We the 98% just want it fixed and we want our leaders to know right from wrong and not be swayed by the other 2%.
They get the laws passed because they own the people and the system that creates the laws. You yourself seem to be doing a lot of finger pointing and categorizing. Have you not realised yet that telling our leaders to know right from wrong has never and will never work. The solution is to unite like the people of occupy and force our voice to be heard, because the fact is as individuals they will continue to ignore us.
Also, don’t let the media confuse you; the occupy movement would be representing upwards of 50% of your countries views.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

As one who has been pushing for a long time for the decent folk on the right and left to set aside differences for the common future of our nation, I would be happy to join a group as you're describing.

Both sides the 98% are looking to bring change with sound about right to me. I think there is a "silent majority" out here in the nation who absolutely want change and are about totally fed up with things but won't go join the street elements to hold a protest sign against local police either.

I really like your idea. It addresses the best of the people, irregardless of which political persuasion they may consider themselves. Just how many truly ARE happy with how things are going in America and it's place in the world right now?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

They are hardly breaking the law, its ridiculous to use camping laws against a group of people; it’s merely an excuse. Also if the law is coming in an escalating a 'crime' like camping into a violent crime like assault and battery its defeating its purpose. Don’t blame the protesters for the state paying police to come oppress them, blame the laws and system that make it impossible for your fellow human to raise the issues and speak their mind.

Okay, let's keep it all real here. Occupy has had a major issue from the beginning and it's one of the main ones that are turning off the very public it needs to work hard for the sympathy and support of. It's this whole 'poor us...we've done absolutely nothing...why would mean old po-lice want to come bother us' attitude coming across in statements in the OWS sites, chat rooms and on camera statements.

***Updated 11/29/2011– Today we hit incident 360 New commentary has been added.

Portland, OR: 11/28/2011 — Occupy Raided … Cops Find Machetes, Body Armor, Drugs
Austin, TX: 11/25/2011 — Occupier Arrested for Criminal Trespass
Oklahoma City, OK: 11/29/2011 — Drunken Occupiers Beat Security Guard
Harrisburg, PA: 11/27/2011 — Occupier Arrested at Mall
Del City, OK: 11/25/2011 — 10 Occupiers Arrested for Disorderly Conduct at Walmart
Olympia, WA: 11/28/2011 — Arrests Made After Occupiers and Other Groups Clash With Police
Boston, MA: 11/28/2011 — Occupier Threatens Man With Knife
Portland OR: 11/28/2011 — Occupier Threatens Woman With Arson — Video
Los Angeles, CA: 11/28/2011 — Several Occupiers Arrested For Throwing Objects at Police
Wilmington, NC: 11/28/2011 — Occupier Arrested for Refusing to Obey Police
Tucson, AZ: 11/28/2011 — Two Occupiers Arrested
Olympia, WA: 11/29/2011 — 4 Arrests, Occupier Bites Police Officer’s Arm
Source Material and Original Source/Article Links

We won't even get into what they just removed 200lbs of at Santa Cruz OWS.

Unfortunately, OWS is still made up of and tolerating a rough and 'raw' (to be nice about it) element of the homeless and streets around the camps. It would bring a great deal of credibility as well as a possible increase in public support if the problem were simply acknowledged and dealt with head on rather than ignored and pushed aside as if it wasn't actually happening regularly at so many of the camps. The core protesters have never been the real issue on the problems...it's the entire crowd joining up around them, IMHO.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

I won't allow myself to belong to an organization that automatically includes me in its attendance.

I belong to "individual".

I am the 1.
Not the 1%
Not the 99%.
Not the 2%.
Not the 98%.

I am "The Grumpy Old Man"

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I won't allow myself to belong to an organization that automatically includes me in its attendance.

I am the 1.
Not the 1%
Not the 99%.
Not the 2%.
Not the 98%.

...joining Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon, that makes 3.
You are the 3.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

I am the 1.
Not the 1%
Not the 99%.
Not the 2%.
Not the 98%.

What a great message you just typed and I just read. Thank god for unions, right? Oh, you are just you. How the hell are your words getting all over my screen then? It gets tiring hearing from Americans about how independent they are yet none of them are leaving to survive on their own. They are using union built telecom to whine all day.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Is this like a Robin Hood setup where we steal from the rich and give it back to the poor or can we each keep enough ourselves so we can rise above those heathens from the 2% and take over the world ?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24

I am the 1.
Not the 1%
Not the 99%.
Not the 2%.
Not the 98%.

...joining Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon, that makes 3.
You are the 3.

Funniest damned post I've read in a long time.
*applause*

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TamaraChristine

I am the 1.
Not the 1%
Not the 99%.
Not the 2%.
Not the 98%.

What a great message you just typed and I just read. Thank god for unions, right? Oh, you are just you. How the hell are your words getting all over my screen then? It gets tiring hearing from Americans about how independent they are yet none of them are leaving to survive on their own. They are using union built telecom to whine all day.
They join by choice.
I enjoy my independence.
Where would you suggest I go- . . . never mind.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join