It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You don't say!! Schoolkids skipping shots getting 'much worse'.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I know we all have different opinions on vaccinations but I think we are becoming aware of the dangers of them.

More parents are opting out of school shots for their kids. In eight states now, more than 1 in 20 public school kindergartners aren't getting all the vaccines required for attendance, an Associated Press analysis found.

That growing trend among parents seeking vaccine exemptions has health officials worried about outbreaks of diseases that once were all but stamped out.

Worried? Yeah, I guess they are worried. I'd imagine that this will result in millions of dollars if not more lost per year. I imagine that this will only get even more attention from parents now that it's in the MSM.

The AP analysis found more than half of states have seen at least a slight rise in the rate of exemptions over the past five years. States with the highest exemption rates are in the West and Upper Midwest.

It's "really gotten much worse," said Mary Selecky, secretary of health for Washington state, where 6 percent of public school parents have opted out.

Rules for exemptions vary by state and can include medical, religious or — in some states — philosophical reasons.

I know here in MS it is required BY LAW to get your kids vaccinated. Kids can't attend school unless they are, so, we have no other option here, unless kids are home schooled.

Reasons for skipping some school shots vary. Some parents are skeptical that vaccines are essential. Others fear vaccines carry their own risks. Some find it easier to check a box opting out than the effort to get the shots and required paperwork schools demand. Still others are ambivalent, believing in older vaccines but questioning newer shots against, say, chickenpox.

I think this is a crucial statement here. So we now see how parents view these shots and how these could be making our kids sick, even causing autism.

The number of shots is also giving some parents pause. By the time most children are 6, they will have been stuck with a needle about two dozen times — with many of those shots given in infancy. The cumulative effect of all those shots has not been studied enough, some parents say.

WHAT?
I have a 7 year old son but had NO clue they got this many shots. Two dozen? Can any other parent verify this?

"Many of the vaccines are unnecessary and public health officials don't honestly know what the effect of giving so many vaccines to such small children really are," said Jennifer Margulis, a mother of four and parenting book author in Ashland, Ore.

Again a great quote about the unknown effects it's having on our kids.

But few serious problems have turned up over years of vaccinations and several studies have shown no link with autism, a theory from the 1990s that has been widely discredited.

So the increase in autism follows the increase in shots BUT, there's no link between the two....my ass!

Futhur on down the article it reads:

"Your child's risk of getting disease depends on what your neighbors do," said Omer.

I can see this posted all over Dr. offices around the country coining a new phrase.

Alaska had the highest exemption rate in 2010-11, at nearly 9 percent. Colorado's rate was 7 percent, Minnesota 6.5 percent, Vermont and Washington 6 percent, and Oregon, Michigan and Illinois were close behind.

Yet these states have some of the lowest rates of illnesses.

Mississippi was lowest, at essentially 0 percent.

Again this alarming to me as I am a parent here in MS.

So I guess you can summize I am against all these vaccinations. Some I feel are warranted but two dozen shots over the course of 7 years? Is it just me or is this over kill? My suspicions are raised when I see this because really and truly there is no call for this. I can't even begin to imagine the poisons in these things.

Anyway that's just my opinion but not everyones I'm sure.

Open for discussion.

Link here...

edit on 28-11-2011 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-11-2011 by chrismicha77 because: Posted link

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I remember in grade 6 it was shot day. it was mandatory for the whole class to go down and get one.
I went and just as I was about to go for my shot, I just walked right through and pretended like I got one.
I haven't been sick for years.
might have been important though, i'm not sure...heheheheh

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Can't figure out why it's in this format sorry!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
There is some sort of psychological guilt play in here.

Why do people get their kids vaccinated? To protect them from the said diseases.

Yet the article implies that your child is not protected? ...because of the other kids who didn't get vaccinated.

Seems to me that the big multibillion dollar pharmaceutical companies want to pit parents against parents. Or neighbors against neighbors.

Which is all a ploy to pressure parents into vaccinating their children with Mercury, Formaldehyde, Gelatin's, ..etc...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
If these sick gov't bastards tried giving my kids shots against all our wills, they'd receive a shot of their own from me and parents with similar beliefs.

I don't know how it is mandatory and there's no way out of getting them in some states. How are we the "United States" when we are hardly ever united on anything? They keep us divided on this issue, never ending arguing with each other over what is propaganda and what is the truth. The people who tend to believe vaccines are safe also tend to believe war brings peace, poison is nutritious, and the gov't loves them very much.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Plaster parents that don't get shots as negligent and boarder line child abusers. Does wonders to get those kids back into the doctors office to get pumped full of horrible chemicals that's in those shots.

Fun story, During the Swine Flu "Epidemic" I was told It was "Life or death" for me to get the vaccine because I have Asthma and I am prone to Chest infections. I flat out refused over and over, Very simply stating I don't want it and I don't want all those chemicals in me. Over a year later and I am still alive (What a surprise), but there are now millions upon millions of people with that vaccine inside them, They've probably forgotten about it by now, But does anyone truly know what effect it had on people, What effect it will have on people?

These parents are right for opting out of giving their kids shots. They are free to get them when they are older and can make the decision for themselves. A decision I wish I could have made.
edit on 28-11-2011 by Mart0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
If the theory from the 1990s that has been widely discredited is the Dr Wakefield one.

Dr Wakefield has been vindicated and all the nasties who tried to do him down .. The Lancet .. British Medical Journal and that little rat called Deere have been exposed as liars. However I see naught in the Main Stream Press about his vindication
I remember the swine flu "pandemic" as the "experts" telling New Zealanders half the country was going to die if they didn't get the vaccine. After that didn't work they told everyone, if they got the flu to just stay at home and treat as you would the "normal flu". Not many people were catching it and I think by telling people to stay home they didn't have to publish the small amount of people who actually got it.
edit on 28-11-2011 by ZeussusZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
They want the US to be "healthy" but yet they are trying to find a way to elimate natural cures. There will be a day when you have to have a prescription for Vitamin C!!

I can't imagine the day when this happens. I might take a handful of vitamins a day but damnit I'm healthy as can be!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
Can't figure out why it's in this format sorry!

This is why

Rules for exemptions vary by state and can include medical, religious or — in some states — philosophical reasons.[/ex]

Your bracket on this line is not closing the external quote tag. [/ex]

My son has the hep B shot they give you at the hospital, that is all. I should point out that we did have a written and notarized birth plan that declined all vaccinations, they stuck him anyway. I had left the delivery room to deliver news to my boy's fanclub, when I got back in they were poking him with a needle.

I am under vaccinated and am in great health. I rarely get colds (although I do have a bit of the sniffles right now) I'm always high energy and I feel great.

I also eat healthy and exercise regularly, so I'm sure that helps.

edit on 28-11-2011 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

The people who tend to believe vaccines are safe also tend to believe war brings peace, poison is nutritious, and the gov't loves them very much.

The people who believe vaccines are not safe tend to believe that the world is secretly run by inter-dimensional reptilians from the Draco star system

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

UGH!!!!! See what vaccinations will do to you? Thank you so much!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
My cousins youngest daughter started kindergarden this year. In the summer she had her physical during which she recieved 6 different vaccines at once. I dont know why her mother didnt question why she couldnt have some the one visit and set up another appointment for the rest-I certainly would have-while I agree it isnt safe to have unvaccinated children because we do not want these diseases to come back, I think that was a bit much. She had one in each arm, one in each thigh and one in each buttock. The poor little girl was hysterical and pretty much spent the next day in bed.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It's healthier to get the cold/flu and get over it then to take a vaccines. It makes your immune system stronger and more able to fight a cold or flu.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by aprilc1

If the child has fallen behind on vaccine shedules they will do an "accelerated schedule."

It bothers me that they will do this, because they flat out say in the vaccine information that this should not be done routinely. They do not mention why, but the implication is that it could be dangerous.

So rather than space these new vacs out, over the course of a year or so, they fill the poor kid with 10 shots of god knows what so they can get into school. It seems to me that a temporary waiver and a plan to vaccinate SAFELY over the course of the year would be a better and safer way to manage this.

Here are the vaccination standards and schedules for my state - yours may vary:

www.immunize-utah.org...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
And if it's not vaccinations their shoving down you throats, it's anibiotics. Which in itself can be unsafe.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I've not had the flu since I was a child, even though they harp on how absolutely critical it is to have the vaccination. In my experience, it's the people who get the vaccines that get sick.

I got the chicken pox even though I'd had the vaccine. I got the measles as an infant and still had to have the vaccine, anyway, which is pure insanity.

The truth is that I can do a "scientific" study and make it say whatever I want with the right tweaking, and people doing vaccination trials have a vested interest in making it look like they're safe and effective.

Yes, certain ones like smallpox and polio should be vaccinated against, but the difference between the flu and the smallpox should be self-explanatory.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Elementary grade children are going to get sick because little kids are disgusting and snotty and don't wash their hands and then put their hands in their mouths. Whether immunized or not, they're going to catch something yucky!!! It's the infants/toddler we should be the most concerned about. I have seen far too many infant deaths from the flu and rsv in our emergency department.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I dread what it must feel liike for parents to feel forced into it.

I also don't like authorities very much. Even though I think they mean well and that there's no sinister plans to harm people, I also can't help but think something is wrong.

I mean, there're so many unhealthy things. So many. Why?

Imagine that I'm a serious drug abuser and my doctor convinces me to take a "light" drug to keep me off of the heavier stuff. Now imagine that I stay on this drug for life (drug addiction is often a lifetime thing with constant relapses). Now my doctor tells me I am better off with this "light" drug than I would be without it - I'd be on something heavier. But wouldn't I be better if I had never got addicted to the heavy stuff to begin with? In a similar way, some people think that death and destruction make us tougher. Imagine that we live in a village that suffers massive earthquakes every 10 years. The local brains convince us to build homes in the ground so that they won't break up in an earthquake. Furthermore, the locals often chide each other that the earthquakes get rid of the weak people and make the society stronger and better able to survive the changing world around them. But all of these perceived benefits require something, they're never free!!! Wouldn't it be better if we didn't live in a region with constant earthquakes? Is the world really better off with lots of death and destruction? Or do the costs we pay for the "benefits" actually set us back a step? Move forward 1 step, take 2 steps back? Another example might be losing your arm. One benefit is that you no longer take your arm for granted. You now appreciate the prosthetic and chide people by saying "You should appreciate your natural arm like I appreciate my prosthetic." But you payed for this benefit by losing your natural (and more superior) arm!

I'd rather choose to not have a child than go through that. Maybe if I am lucky, I can learn something about this world and make it safer to bring up children for others.
edit on 2-1-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
People who do not immunize their children have never lived in a third world country. Mercury-free vaccines are available, and no one has to abide by the doctor's schedule but can space the shots out...

The real cause of the spike in autism is not going to make MOTHERS happy, because it puts the blame right back on them and what they stick in their bodies while pregnant and nursing...but the truth is, the spike in autism came with the introduction of ASPARTAME and GMO foods. But no woman is going to look at herself and her own practices, she is going to keep blaming something else....vaccines are the easiest, the most a woman can do there is blame her doctor and the vaccine company. I think it is possible that some things IN vaccines, in some people interact with the chemical components of INORGANIC FRANKENFOODS.

I can tell you this, having lived in a third world country and seeing children die of easily preventable diseases..I think parents who do not vaccinate should be held liable for murder if their child dies of whooping cough, diphtheria, measles...ect. But they won't accept blame, they will just keep pointing at others...people never take personal responsibility. Ever. Sort of like the Travolta's blaming their son's illness on carpet...instead of autism...incredible.

Pregnant? shut your pie hole and eat ONLY organic foods.

top topics

join