It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation storm and CME ALERT!!!!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by jeichelberg

The speed picked up a couple of hours ago and the Bz component shifted to south. But the density hasn't increased much, nowhere near what a CME should show. I think what is being seen is more the arrival of the fast solar wind from the coronal holes rather than the CME.

The GOES magnetometers are reacting a bit in response to the south turn, as is Boulder.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

edit on 11/28/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

You are totally correct..Check this link out..First pics of auroras in Iceland..hope it works....www.earthcam.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by eeks4

reply to post by jeichelberg

The speed picked up a couple of hours ago and the Bz component shifted to south. But the density hasn't increased much, nowhere near what a CME should show. I think what is being seen is more the arrival of the fast solar wind from the coronal holes rather than the CME.

The GOES magnetometers are reacting a bit in response to the south turn, as is Boulder.
www.swpc.noaa.gov...
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

You are totally correct..Check this link out..First pics of auroras in Iceland..hope it works....www.earthcam.com...

The link is just fine..wow,i wish i could see this here where i live...Take a look at the beauty

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
real time magnetosphere..not looking bad..Seems to be ok...take a look...www2.nict.go.jp...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

real time magnetosphere..not looking bad..Seems to be ok...take a look...www2.nict.go.jp...

ok..well,..The kiruna magneto-gram provides a real time data of the local earth magnetic field at a ground level.Strong deviations(like now) in the data primarily the black line could signal the development of geomagnetic activity...Now can some one explain why there is such a huge drop in this..Im just learning my self....www.solarham.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

ok..well,..The kiruna magneto-gram provides a real time data of the local earth magnetic field at a ground level.Strong deviations(like now) in the data primarily the black line could signal the development of geomagnetic activity...Now can some one explain why there is such a huge drop in this..Im just learning my self....www.solarham.com...

I guess im the only one havingwww.irf.se...[Magnetometers]=Data/ fun here..ha ha ha..LOl...hey i hope this goes threw...This is crazy or is it normal ..I know its normal for a geo storm but if you know how to explain this that would be nice...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I guess im the only one havingwww.irf.se...[Magnetometers]=Data/ fun here..ha ha ha..LOl...hey i hope this goes threw...This is crazy or is it normal ..I know its normal for a geo storm but if you know how to explain this that would be nice...

Click on magnetometers and scroll to the right to see...thank you

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

A 300nT variation is quite mild. For some real fun go here and have a look at what was happening on October 25th (set year, month, date).
www.irf.se...[Magnetometers]=Data/
What causes it is the Earth's magnetic field connecting to the magnetic field of the Solar wind. It "wiggles" in response the the variations of the wind.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
A real time kiruna magnetic pulsations..The frequency(Hz) has started to creep up just a hair.....www.irf.se...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

reply to post by eeks4

A 300nT variation is quite mild. For some real fun go here and have a look at what was happening on October 25th (set year, month, date).
What causes it is the Earth's magnetic field connecting to the magnetic field of the Solar wind. It "wiggles" in response the the variations of the wind.

This is so so fun..LOL...omg is all i have to say..It makes this one look like a baby..man oh man..thank you so much..Im learning...Having fun..LOL

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

These are spectrum graphs, showing the strength (represented by color) of the fluctuations at various frequencies.

What you are seeing is that the strength of the lowest frequency fluctuations has increased, not a change in frequency.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

reply to post by eeks4

This is so so fun..LOL...omg is all i have to say..It makes this one look like a baby..man oh man..thank you so much..Im learning...Having fun..LOL

welp unless something happens over night it looks like a storm did...Its way to cloudy to see anything out side..But the learning was a whole lot of fun..Yea!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

reply to post by eeks4

Your so cool..thank you so so much...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The solar wind has taken a strong turn to the north which tends to put a damper on activity but the density also seems to be on the rise. Perhaps the CME has now arrived.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
ok..where did ya go??LOL/.....ok i found this but i dont now at what time they started the timing or if this is now..check it out..Soft serve news latest for cast in 38 minutes...the aurora will be at strum level...????..www.softservenews.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

The solar wind has taken a strong turn to the north which tends to put a damper on activity but the density also seems to be on the rise. Perhaps the CME has now arrived.

May be i was a bit early..check out the post under this of mine it is talking about the time frame for the aurora saying it will be a storm level in 38 minutes

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

May be i was a bit early..check out the post under this of mine it is talking about the time frame for the aurora saying it will be a storm level in 38 minutes

Hey its the now time>>>!!!!!..its to cloudy ....found the answer to ;my question..Im tired and felling kind of stupid at the moment.LOL...check out the time..Now its 31 minutes...Go away clouds.!!!

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

ok..where did ya go??LOL/.....ok i found this but i dont now at what time they started the timing or if this is now..check it out..Soft serve news latest for cast in 38 minutes...the aurora will be at strum level...????..www.softservenews.com...

Here it is...and counting..Come on cloud go go go away.....

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

The Kp index is currently 4. Unless you live very far north it's unlikely you're going to get a show at this point.
www.gi.alaska.edu...

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

reply to post by eeks4

The Kp index is currently 4. Unless you live very far north it's unlikely you're going to get a show at this point.
www.gi.alaska.edu...

Yea kind of new that..was really hoping..In in west Virgina the northeastern part...Its to cloudy here anyways...But lots of fun watching it on the computer and learning about all of this..I just love it....

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
my computer is brand new and starting to run a bit slow now..urggggg.....hey!!!here is the latest picture form the all sky camera at 24:00 UTC......really cool.........www.irf.se...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join