It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for a 'Seeing Stone'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
My son is nuts about the Spiderwick Chronicles series of books and movie, So I went and bought him the Spiderwick Field Guide book, and he also has been asking for a 'seeing stone' like the kids in the books used to see the fairey folk. I have been going nuts looking for one online and offline, so now, fellow ATS readers, I turn to you.
Does ANYONE know where I can find an object like this?
Picture

I'm hoping some of our Wiccan and Pagan folk would be able to point me in the right direction. The book and stone is going to be an xmas gift for Homer jr.
Please help me out?
Thanks in advance!!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Better yet you could find a hobgoblin to spit in his eye's, which if you've watched the movie, negates the need for a seeing stone

yes, i'm a 32 year old man who both watched and payed attention to the spiderwick chronicles. sad huh!
edit on 25-11-2011 by Raivan31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

You should get him a Black Obsidian mirror, the Maya used it for scrying ( seeing through the stone would reveal prophecy and messages from the cosmos), I sleep with a black obsidian pyramid above my head, my dreams are like 3d lectures in esoteric doctrine....weird

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Pre Celtic stones?

books.google.co.uk... n&ei=jWLQTuLRBdS18QO-pcDODw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&sqi=2&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=Celtic%20holed%20stone&f=false

Found a few similar.

stores.ebay.co.uk...
edit on 25-11-2011 by maya27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Does ANYONE know where I can find an object like this?

Shouldnt be too hard to make one.
There are various forms of clay/putty that can be "fired" in your oven at home.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Here you will find some beautiful Celtic Scrying Stones and Mirrors for sale, reasonable prices too...

www.spellsofmagic.com...

Bright Blessings...

Des

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

do you know where i can find this?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

He's 8 years old, its meant for a playtoy, backyard adventures and things like that, not for other things

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Your stone is caled an ODIN stone, usyally made from sandstone.

stores.ebay.co.uk...

Here are similar.

I have a lovely labradorite (Woolfs stone), They are cheap and very nice. He might like that?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by maya27

Your stone is caled an ODIN stone, usyally made from sandstone.

stores.ebay.co.uk...

Here are similar.

I have a lovely labradorite (Woolfs stone), They are cheap and very nice. He might like that?

That is A PERFECT MATCH to what the OP posted....good find

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Here's a bunch to choose from, with reasonable prices. This one looks particularly appealing to me, see what you think... Good luck!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
According to esoteric knowledge, a seeing stone should be natural for it to work (If it does, never tried). Apparently they are stones that have had a hole drilled in them by water. They're usually found in stream or river beds where the current is strong, or in waterfall.

If it's just for a toy, I would think the poster above has it covered... or the clay idea, but I don't know how durable the clay would be. Paper mache is pretty strong and won't break if dropped. There's also a product called sculpty foam, if you are interested in just making him one.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
well i found this stuff that is like paper machie, and it should do the trick, I'll make the prop and post a pic.
Thank you everyone who replied, I truely appreciate it

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
well i found this stuff that is like paper machie, and it should do the trick, I'll make the prop and post a pic.
Thank you everyone who replied, I truely appreciate it

Good luck and happy holidays to you and little Homer!

top topics

join