It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was The Titanic Destroyed By A German Submarine?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by FLaKK

Sorry to be "that guy" but you do know the image you posted was of RMS Lusitania, not RMS Titanic?

RMS Lusitania

RMS Lusitania

RMS Titanic for comparison

The torpedo is a dead giveaway every time

edit on 24-12-2011 by Drunkenparrot because: syntax

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

Originally posted by le843
I'd say plausible, to much time gone by not much for evidence etc. Could be that a sub was involved and caused Titanic to scrape into an iceberg at full speed thus ' sinking the ship '

We have statements by a large number of survivors that the ship hit an iceberg. How could a sub cause the ship to hit an iceberg?????
What We Actually Have are statements by large numbers of survivors who would not have been walking around on the Titanics outside deck on a very cold night,11:40 pm to be eaxact,they were "inside" the Titanic and a lot of them were sleeping.They said they "heard" the ship scraping against an iceberg...

How would they even know what giant sheets of moving steel scraping against a gigantic floating iceberg sounds like? They heard those sounds before? and already knew thats what they were hearing? No way,they just guessed it was an iceberg,or said it because it was the "rumor" that was flying around the ship.A lot of them would have been hundreds of feet away from the impact zone,behind many layers of steel and wooden walls...

Its just like what would happen if "one" person started yelling "fire" in a darkened movie theater when there was no fire,"everyone" who ran out of the theater would be saying and telling everyone on the outside "theres a fire in there" when there was none at all...
edit on 24-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Drunkenparrot !

urm,..... i said... 'ludicrous'..., i was being sarcastic,.. maybe u didn't fully read into my post (sigh), yes i do know it
was the Lusitania lol English humour not much understood nvm.
edit on 24-12-2011 by FLaKK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

That image link i posted was intended to be BLOCULA'S TITANIC!!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FLaKK

My apologies, I had figured as much

Regardless, It is a really cool picture.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
i haven't read all of the thread...but DID you all know that 100s of financial folks were killed on the Titanic including an ASTOR?

as in waldorf astoria, mansions in newport ri, robber barons etc

ok, did you know JP MORGAN himself pulls out of the historic trip at the last second?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperTripps

The purposeful destruction of the Titanic was,among other reasons,designed and performed to set the stages of war,to initiate a war and death mentality,to impress war and death emotions into the hearts and minds of people everywhere,who only two years later,would be plunged into the abyss of World War One,leaving twenty five million of them dead and many millions more crippled,blinded,shell shocked and homeless,lost within their illumanti induced desolation...

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by SuperTripps

The purposeful destruction of the Titanic was,among other reasons,designed and performed to set the stages of war,to initiate a war and death mentality,to impress war and death emotions into the hearts and minds of people everywhere,who only two years later,would be plunged into the abyss of World War One,leaving twenty five million of them dead and many millions more crippled,blinded,shell shocked and homeless,lost within their illumanti induced desolation...

Blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah, Meh! Blah, meh, blah blah.

It's just amazing that you have no respect for the quality of ATS and materials presented here, by confidently stating as fact, what is essentially pure fantasy, and not too impressive at that.

Sure, I can post clips from "Sky Captain and the world of tomorrow", and say this is a documentary.

Oh well. You are just one of many polluters here on ATS. Be well, and Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperTripps
i haven't read all of the thread...but DID you all know that 100s of financial folks were killed on the Titanic including an ASTOR?

as in waldorf astoria, mansions in newport ri, robber barons etc

ok, did you know JP MORGAN himself pulls out of the historic trip at the last second?

It also happened on the "eve" of the Federal Reserve.

That was mentioned somewhere.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Heres something very interesting to read here,i never read it before until right now and it backs up a lot of what i and others have said throughout this thread...A Dr.Franklin Ruehl phd article from 2002,"A Germam Sub Sank The Titanic"...Link > www.freerepublic.com...

White star line ships and the U-boats > www.titanic-whitestarships.com...
edit on 25-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Wow, that looks like a convincing and repitable website, nothing like something someone knocked togather with 3 hours of HTML training..... I could make a website more convincing than that!

Another thing, read the comments below your "article"....

The thrust of the article appears to hinge on this "UFO" (Unidentified Floating Object). Even if there was another ship (and most people think it was just a case of misidentification) it wouldn't have been a U-boat. They are so low in the water they are hard to spot anyway, this was at night as well remember, and why would it have navigation or any other kind of lights on if it was carrying out some sort of "secret" mission?

In short, unless you know where to look, you will not be able to spot a U-boat at night from several miles away. The "mystery ship", if ever there was one, couldn't have been a U-boat. And that is discounting the myriad of other reasons why a U-boat simply could not have carried out such a mission or why the Germans would risk war with the most powerful nation on Earth.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Just because the web site i linked doesnt "appear valid" to you,its still making a point,one that i very much agree with...

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

reply to post by stumason

Just because the web site i linked doesnt "appear valid" to you,its still making a point,one that i very much agree with...

The website presentation aside, I made other points you have failed to address...

I know you won't pay any attention and will contiue regardless, such is the way with you, but I will list below the many reasons why this is not a plausable theory.

1. U-boat technolgy at the time did not allow for one to be in such a position to attack the ship, due to range, speed and other technical limitations
  2. Eye witnesses saw the Iceberg and it hitting the ship
  3. No witness exists that has described anything close to a torpedo or it's impact
  4. The physical evidence on the wreck does not support the Torpedo strike
  5. The mystery ship you mentioned could not have been a U-boat as it would not have been visible, at night, from the distance quoted for the "UFO"
  6. Even if the U-boat had the range, it didn't have the speed to catch the Titanic, even if it was at flank and Titanic was at half speed the whole journey, which it wasn't
  7. Even if it had sailed prior to the sailing of the Titanic, there is no way they could have known the exact course and therefore there is simply no way it could have got into position.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
In short, unless you know where to look, you will not be able to spot a U-boat at night from several miles away.

Right on. My father in law was the first mate on a Soviet hunter-killer sub. They would actually surface in the Mediterranean not far from the coast, to get some fresh air and all, without any fear of being detected -- you simply can't see a sub at night too well -- and that was a large nuclear sub.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Replying to my own post -- it would be trivial for a nuclear-powered, pure titanium body advanced Russian sub that fires nuclear tipped cruise missiles and has advanced targeting systems, to sink the Titanic. Really. Just saying.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

Originally posted by le843
I'd say plausible, to much time gone by not much for evidence etc. Could be that a sub was involved and caused Titanic to scrape into an iceberg at full speed thus ' sinking the ship '

We have statements by a large number of survivors that the ship hit an iceberg. How could a sub cause the ship to hit an iceberg?????
What We Actually Have are statements by large numbers of survivors who would not have been walking around on the Titanics outside deck on a very cold night,11:40 pm to be eaxact,they were "inside" the Titanic and a lot of them were sleeping.They said they "heard" the ship scraping against an iceberg...

How would they even know what giant sheets of moving steel scraping against a gigantic floating iceberg sounds like? They heard those sounds before? and already knew thats what they were hearing? No way,they just guessed it was an iceberg,or said it because it was the "rumor" that was flying around the ship.A lot of them would have been hundreds of feet away from the impact zone,behind many layers of steel and wooden walls...

Its just like what would happen if "one" person started yelling "fire" in a darkened movie theater when there was no fire,"everyone" who ran out of the theater would be saying and telling everyone on the outside "theres a fire in there" when there was none at all...

Again, no. Quartermaster Rowe, who was on duty on the auxiliary, or after, bridge, saw the iceberg pass against the side of the ship. Lookout Fred Fleet saw the iceberg - obviously, as he was on watch! Both survived. QM Hitchens saw the 'berg - he was steering the Titanic when it collided with it. Hell, the collision left chunks of ice on the deck!
So - no. I chose those three witnesses because they all survived the sinking of the Titanic. They all saw and felt the collision. Not a torpedo at all.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Heres something very interesting to read here,i never read it before until right now and it backs up a lot of what i and others have said throughout this thread...A Dr.Franklin Ruehl phd article from 2002,"A Germam Sub Sank The Titanic"...Link > www.freerepublic.com...

White star line ships and the U-boats > www.titanic-whitestarships.com...
edit on 25-12-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

Your link is useless because the bloke doesn't know what he's talking about. Lord lied about his location because he didn't want to admit how close the Californian had been - and that he'd ignored the distress rockets.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Im surprise no one accused NK or Iran yet

like 9/11 .. now they accuse Iran

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I suggest watching a few World War One documentaries and the savage,ruthless and brutal footage they reveal, before deciding against the possibility of a German submarine launched torpedo having destroyed the Tiatnic,in more or less the exact same manner that the Germans sank and destroyed the Lusitania just three years later and with an almost equal loss of life...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I suggest watching a few World War One documentaries and the savage,ruthless and brutal footage they reveal, before deciding against the possibility of a German submarine launched torpedo having destroyed the Tiatnic,in more or less the exact same manner that the Germans sank and destroyed the Lusitania just three years later and with an almost equal loss of life...

??????? What does the Lusitania have to do with anything? And have you read any of the citations that have been thrown at you, all of which have thoroughly debunked your theory.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join