It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why 9/11 Happened, and Why "They" Hate Us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
From Ron Paul's brilliant book "The Revolution."

One person to consult if we want to understand those who wish us harm is Michael Scheuer, who was chief of the CIA's Osama bin Laden Unit at the Counterterrorist Center in the late 1990s. Scheuer is a conservative and a pro-life voter who has never voted for a Democrat. And he refuses to buy the usual line that the attacks on America have nothing to do with what our government does in the Islamic world. "In fact," he says, those attacks have "everything to do with what we do."

Some people simply will not listen to this kind of argument, or will pretend to misunderstand it, trivializing this profoundly significant issue by alleging that Scheuer is "blaming America" for the attacks. To the contrary, Scheuer could not be any clearer in his writing that the perpetrators of terrorist attacks on Americans should be pursued mercilessly for their acts of barbarism. His point is very simple: it is unreasonable, even utopian, not to expect people to grow resentful, and desirous of revenge, when your government bombs them, supports police states in their countries, and imposes murderous sanctions on them. That revenge, in its various forms, is what our CIA calls blowback -- the unintended consequences of military intervention.

."

(continued in next post)

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

NO MORE THAN 10% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least)

edit on 11/22/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Even Deputy Secretary of Defense Paul Wolfowitz recognized that foreign intervention could have unintended consequences and that the American presence in the Middle East has bred hostility against our country. On May 29, 2003, Reuters reported: "Wolfowitz said another reason for the invasion [of Iraq] had been 'almost unnoticed but huge' -- namely that the ousting of Saddam would allow the United States to remove its troops from Saudi Arabia, where their presence had long been a major al-Qaeda grievance." In short, according to Wolfowitz one of the motivations of the 9/11 attackers was resentment over the presence of American troops on the Arabian Peninsula. Again, neither Wolfowitz nor I have said or believed that Americans had it coming on 9/11, or that the attacks were justified, or any of this other nonsense. The point is a simple one: when our government meddles around the world, it can stir up hornet's nests and thereby jeopardize the safety of the American people. That's just common sense. But hardly anyone in our government dares to level with the American people about our fiasco of a foreign policy.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

NO MORE THAN 10% of the original (or three paragraphs, whichever is least)

edit on 11/22/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Yes, we stuck our noses where they didn't belong. And we suffered the consequences of it...the only thing that passage is missing that the majority of Americans have been brainwashed into believing that we first entered the middle east in 2001. Their memories are fried. The vast majority have no idea we've been there much longer than 2001.
Their propaganda is unbelievable. It's so simple, yet so effective. All they have to do is talk as if we've only been there since 2001. They never actually have to say it. But they talk about it so constantly as if we've only been there since 2001, that eventually it sinks in, subconsciously, that we've only been there since 2001.

I forgot to summarize my point:
Saying that we've been interfering with the middle east for a long time, and that's why they attacked us, is just falling on deaf ears.
edit on 22-11-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
You also have the propaganda bombardment. You see it everywhere. Hate muslims, 911, burkas!!1

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Very good.

We should be reminded that the forst major intervention in the middle east was when we (the west) stole Palestine and gave it to "some people who managed to give us a major guilt trip".

May 14, 1948 is the date to remember. Not 2001.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
The refusal of so many to accept these truths perfectly exemplifies cognitive dissonance. I'm still baffled every time people scoff when this comes up at debates, or when the MSM henchmen **ccouggh Chris Wallace ccooughh** press Paul on this issue, as if it's some unfathomable notion. How stupid can we get? Well.. I guess we'll find out the answer to that next November

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

Whats funny about this is that it isn't just Muslims who hate American Foreign Policy, its 99% of the world who hate it too...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod

Whats funny about this is that it isn't just Muslims who hate American Foreign Policy, its 99% of the world who hate it too...

While there isn't really anything "funny" about it, you make a good point.

I forget the exact number, but the U.S. has bases in something like 130 countries around the world. World police indeed.

I wonder how Americans would feel if other countries had military bases in their country?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I'm so proud of Ron Paul! He finally brought this up at the debate!

I couldn't believe it when Paul Wolfowitz himself asked a question! I was thinking... wow... Ron Paul better bring up the reason why they hate us, and he did. I hope people are waking up to the truth.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Why is everyone ignoring this thread? No one thinks this is an extremely important message?

Threads about news anchors flipping the bird and people seeing demons in their kitchen stay at the top while important things like this fall off the map. I don't understand it. Where are our priorities?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I think even everyone hated how America supported Israel as well.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
Why is everyone ignoring this thread? No one thinks this is an extremely important message?

Threads about news anchors flipping the bird and people seeing demons in their kitchen stay at the top while important things like this fall off the map. I don't understand it. Where are our priorities?

It's easier to contribute to a fart joke, it's base, no thought necessary. There are some valid points but the same can be said of each of the many splinters of reform. To accept representation when one can represent themselves is the issue as I can tell. The disempowerment evident is of choice. The complexity of the situation has outstripped comprehension, the downfall of many societies. Perhaps to reduce the issues at hand to there fundamentals would help but even then the onus is upon the one to develop those understandings within themselves, a most arduous and time consuming task. It's simply easier to relinquish.

Man needs no government Man needs education.
edit on 23-11-2011 by usernamehere because: spellinglingling

join