It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Messages from the Bible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Hello all,

I am a Christian who has not been to church in a while. There are so many Christian churches and you end of meeting people who go to all of them, I get confused with all the different kinds of christianity because I don't know about them and if they have different rules. My first thought is that everyone should come together based on what was written in the bible and no other worldy procedures that were developed after the apostles lived, which to my knowledge is everything besides speaking and studying the written word. So I don't know about the world, I just know about studying to get to the root of Christ. Can you share your own interpretations of the bible?

Recently I have read from Matthew, chapters 5 and 6. The message that Jesus has is that we have to watch our tone of voice to all people. It is a great sin for us to show disrespect in the tone of our voice to anyone under any circumstance. Jesus said that this is such an important task, that even is someone is enticing you in a negative way that you have to not feed into their energy under any circumstance, we must take every ridicule, every bad vibe, all negative body language given to us and return it with respect, a smile, and a good thought. Jesus describes why this is important, because every word is written down in this physical reality and it will be revealed by who Jesus says is our "Father in Heaven." Jesus says that is these things are done our Father in Heaven will reward us. So I interpret these words as meaning that Jesus is the one and only Son of God seperated to save the world, but I too am a Son of God by understanding and following his teachings.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer
Hello all,

I am a Christian who has not been to church in a while. There are so many Christian churches and you end of meeting people who go to all of them, I get confused with all the different kinds of christianity because I don't know about them and if they have different rules. My first thought is that everyone should come together based on what was written in the bible and no other worldy procedures that were developed after the apostles lived, which to my knowledge is everything besides speaking and studying the written word. So I don't know about the world, I just know about studying to get to the root of Christ. Can you share your own interpretations of the bible?

Recently I have read from Matthew, chapters 5 and 6. The message that Jesus has is that we have to watch our tone of voice to all people. It is a great sin for us to show disrespect in the tone of our voice to anyone under any circumstance. Jesus said that this is such an important task, that even is someone is enticing you in a negative way that you have to not feed into their energy under any circumstance, we must take every ridicule, every bad vibe, all negative body language given to us and return it with respect, a smile, and a good thought. Jesus describes why this is important, because every word is written down in this physical reality and it will be revealed by who Jesus says is our "Father in Heaven." Jesus says that is these things are done our Father in Heaven will reward us. So I interpret these words as meaning that Jesus is the one and only Son of God seperated to save the world, but I too am a Son of God by understanding and following his teachings.

Tone of voice is important, even on the computer. Never the less, there were times when Christ was shall we say somewhat forceful in both action and word. Such as when the moneylenders were defacing the temple with their graft. He was literally angered at their misuse of Gods' house. But you are right. We must do all we can to make our point, but do so with conviction and peace. We are to be slow to anger, and quick to forgive.
Re: The church:
a quick review of the beginning of Revelation reveals the state of the church even 2000 years ago.
Only one of the 7 were found in excellent condition, and another partially so.
I would expect to find the same situation today if not worse. The city I live in, there is no church I have found that is not in some sort of trouble spiritually. Hence though I belong to one, I go to several different ones, but most of the time some friends and I meet in a small group.
"where two or more of you are gathered together I will be in their midst."
The church is not some grand cathedral covered in glass. Nor is it the little building around the corner labeled as so. the church is where two or more are gathered together. That is what we now do in preparation for what is about to come. S&F for speaking truth.
DH

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

I too am a Son of God by understanding and following his teachings.

Paul said he tad a teaching that he had received from the Lord, which was the communion, where there is a meal of bread and wine that represents the body and blood of Christ.

edit on 20-11-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by greyer

The word of God is on three levels: Literal, Moral and Spiritual. Life is the best teacher of all. As you live your life, realize that your path through this world will reflect the three levels of the word. You will move from the literal (concrete) reality, then confront the moral level as you progress. The moral level will take you to the ashes, only to then allow you to rise to the spiritual level. Don't get stuck denying your moral obligations to God and others. Realize that others are on the same path in varying degrees. You will never attend a church filled with fully transcendent and spiritual people. Life is happening to all of us equally.

Find a church that preaches Christ and love for others. If any other message is being taught, get out. Avoid prosperity gospels and replacement theology. What's in it for "me" is duplicity. If the church is asking, "What's in it for others", then you have found a solid foundation. Visit as many as you can find before you settle in. God leads us and builds our faith. We can only stand in the way or allow Him to lead.

My blog if you are interested in reading my path in life. LINK

new topics

top topics

join