It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Garage DIY Cruise Missile Shut Down By NZ Governemnt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Bruce Simpson of NZ claims that he can build a cruise missile for about $5000.00 US. He also claims that the US put pressure on NZ to shut this guy down. He also has plans for a jet powered go cart on his site....
www.interestingprojects.com...

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
NZ Government Moves To Kill The Project
The New Zealand government has moved aggressively to shut down this project -- and by using quite unscrupulous methods which appear to be in breach of the law.

It has long been apparent that the project represents an embarrassment to the government -- a government that recently sold the Air Forces fighter jets and trainers and now sees the military's role simply as a support and peace-keeping one.

Having publicly admitted that the project broke no laws, and thereby making it very difficult for them to simply shut it down by direct methods, the government appears to have broken their own laws in an attempt to ensure that I can no longer continue this project -- and, as perhaps a purely punitive step, ensuring that I can no longer even continue developing my jet engines or maintain my websites.

They have even gone so far as to deliberatey scuttle a licensing deal I had arranged with a US company who was to begin manufacture of my X-Jet engine -- despite the fact that this meant sacrificing jobs and export earnings.
www.interestingprojects.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Thanks for drawing attention to this. I have my doubts about the cruise missile being assembled for only five grand, but I visit this guys homemade jet engine site. I find it fascinating that you can take a compressor out of an old turbo and make a jet engine with it.

[edit on 9-4-2004 by groingrinder]

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
lol This bloke has been mucking around with this type of stuff for years in his backyard.
I remember a tv news story about 2 years ago and he said all he wanted to see is
how high it would go!

Sanc'.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Thanks for drawing attention to this. I have my doubts about the cruise missile being assembled for only five grand, but I vistit this guys homemade jet engine site. I find it fascinating that you can take a compressor out of an old turbo and make a jet engine with it.

Somebody handier than me with some spare change on this board should try it out. How about an ATS sponsored project??????

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Considering I'm in NZ and would like to avoid the attention of the IRD (I haven't brought my boat yet
), I think I'll pass on the project myself

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine
Considering I'm in NZ and would like to avoid the attention of the IRD (I haven't brought my boat yet
), I think I'll pass on the project myself

Delta, why not adapt it for the boat? Hmmmmmmm I dare you. I double dare you

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I always did want a guided missile frigate

I read about this guy a few months back on his web site. I think the story has been hushed up by the govt. since I have not heard a single thing since he announced it. There was a small hoo hah on about it then.

Personally, I think he was just plain stupid to have yelled it out to the world before he even started building it.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Im working on getting the resources on how to build it from the author. Will setup a thread when I do so in the Tech forum.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine
Personally, I think he was just plain stupid to have yelled it out to the world before he even started building it.

You have a point there. Build it, test it, then say look what I have. Its been my experience that these ultra creative ultra smart guys usually lack common sense.....

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 04:35 AM
link   
5000 bucks for a cruise missile? Thinks Bush.... naah my gun making buddies can make it for 5 times the cost and thats where i'm sending the american tax money straight to my expesive gun making buddies.

Just imagine if I had to send the american tax dollar to this wierd old NZ guy, eeeeewwwww.... how un american!!

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 04:49 AM
link   
You can send your tax money to a YOUNG NZ guy, if you like. IE: Me.

Fred: Yep, I've noticed the same thing myself.

Oh, and thanks. You've got me thinking about the boat I can't afford, and all the stuff I want to do to it now.

top topics

join