It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity, REDEFINED.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
ok brothers and sisters... welcome to my thread. i hope the holy spirit leads you to comfort during this time of great spiritual warfare and near judgement...

THE POINT OF THIS THREAD:
The kingdom of heaven is at hand, and ravenous wolves in sheep's clothing are currently corrupting the churches today and misleading the thirsty, seeking souls for their own personal greed. these false teachers are even detracting people from the truth by their wordly ways. there are a lot of false teachers on this website, whom shall remain anonymous, and it is God's plan for it to happen... the point of this thread is to read the bible yourselves and let the holy spirit guide you to the deciphering of His word, an online bible study per se. BUT, instead of doing it yourselves, this thread is to help the people earnestly seeking the truth of Christ and doing it together, a support system you might say. So i urge you to clean your mind the doctrines and teachings that preachers or ministers have laid on you. I urge you to start with God from scratch for the gate is narrow. I also urge you to edify me if pride and ignorance ever gets in the way.

A LITTLE ABOUT ME:
My name is Christopher. I am slowly becoming a man. I do not have a seminary degree nor do i plan on taking college courses to improve my knowledge on our savior Jesus Christ. I have faith on God leading the way. On my path of life, temptations have been around me throughout my entire life. to this day, i fall into the cold grasps of temptation and feel the holy spirit that lives in all of us slowly deteriorating as i commit more sins. I am a sinner. I lust and have my addictions and faults. I am a son of disobedience. I repent for my sins but still commit sins to this day. i am weak. i pray that God will give me the strength to sin no more, but that hasnt really worked out... but there is a reason for this and i thank God for this happening, it is probably an another lesson that my eyes are too cloudy to see, probably because of my marijuana, cigarette, and earthly addictions and desires... I have partaken in the presence of the holy spirit about a month ago and it was probably the most memorable experience in my life. I believe that Jesus Christ is God in flesh that died for our sins. That is all i know and that is where we will start.

First Lesson(s): THE PARABLES OF JESUS CHRIST.
Tomorrow i will start with the parables of Jesus Christ in the King James Version of the bible.
We will start with one parable each day, and take little steps each and every day.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
This site seems to have been infiltrated by a group of christian commados recently.

Somebody comes on , tells us their name and how the holy ghost has moved into them and they suddenely feel the urge to tell everybody how wrong they are and how they must follow christ.

of course your beliefs are right and everybody else is wrong.
religious people are so funny.

this is not a church.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
This site seems to have been infiltrated by a group of christian commados recently.

Hehe, you may be right.

this is not a church.

The Universe is the true church. Are we not in it?

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

well... i can see the resentment that you have... and that many others have to be honest...
a little more about me: i was a victim of church rape. i was born into the church but when i was becoming a teenager, i started indulging in criminal activities, such as selling weed, doing all kinds of drugs, etc.
i was condemned by the church that i went to, they all stared at me with disdain and judgement, gossiped about me, and i put my parents through pain for my actions as well. well, i couldn't take it anymore so i stopped going and have been a state of great confusion, and still am today... but its getting clearer and clearer
ive met people that feel the same way you do, maybe you could PM me and i can understand your pain as well.
i am not holier than thou. i am a sinner. i am not saying you are wrong and i am right.
but... great news for ya... the holy spirit lives in all of us!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I don't believe we are in it.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMIAM

I don't believe we are in it.

You are correct!

It is within you.

Welcome aboard my Brother

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelayedChristmas

well... i can see the resentment that you have... and that many others have to be honest...
a little more about me: i was a victim of church rape. i was born into the church but when i was becoming a teenager, i started indulging in criminal activities, such as selling weed, doing all kinds of drugs, etc.
i was condemned by the church that i went to, they all stared at me with disdain and judgement, gossiped about me, and i put my parents through pain for my actions as well. well, i couldn't take it anymore so i stopped going and have been a state of great confusion, and still am today... but its getting clearer and clearer
ive met people that feel the same way you do, maybe you could PM me and i can understand your pain as well.
i am not holier than thou. i am a sinner. i am not saying you are wrong and i am right.
but... great news for ya... the holy spirit lives in all of us!!!

i have no pain. none. its an illusion. like everything else on this planet.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

well im sorry you feel that way... and im sorry that i can do nothing about it, only God can. I hope that you continue to view this thread and join in every now and then. God bless you in your future endeavors.

but if you ever wish to go indepth about your life and whatever is on your mind, please dont hesitate to do so. you can contact here via PM, or email: [email protected]
edit on 19-11-2011 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
'sinner': the first mistake anybody can make when believing, learning and deciphering a religion is that sins are sins, instead they're essentially karma.
All religious figures are spiritual and you realistically have to read in between the lines to understand what is happening in religious text because they've edited the context to a point of insanity.
It's a great tool to throw people off spirituality: "One day people will be smart enough to realize there isn't a man in the sky looking at everything you do".

The bible talks about the third eye, aura, astral projection and much more throughout the bible.
That's not nonsense but Jesus saying I have unconditional love for all of you, then drowns everybody on the earth because he doesn't like what man has become (ironically making man in his image though) is really a 'godly' action.
Let me not offer them guidance, instead, drown everyone.

A real 'religion' should not be scared of people not accepting their religion and god but instead, Jesus has to then condemn everybody who doesn't accept this 'religion' to hell for the rest of eternity.
This is no god of mine.

This tool/religion is not a new one.
There are numerous religious texts and figures who predate Jesus who have essentially the same mythological story every time:

Born December 25th.
Born of a Virgin.
The birth was accompanied by a star in the east.
When he was born he was adored by three kings.
Baptized and began his ministry at the age of 30 and started teaching at the age of 12.
Had 12 disciples.
Performed miracles, healed the sick and walked on water.
Was crucified.
Buried/dead for 3 days then resurrected.

Any logic person can see straight through religion but that also strays them further away from spirituality.

I wont preach about spirituality here as that's not the point of it. If you want to learn you can learn. It's something that will come to you or vis versa if needed.
It's not faith based it's something you have to experience for yourself and ultimately you will never progress unless you experience it.
It's not like hearing a sermon and then going "Oh it makes sense now, thank you lord, my savor" or giving all your faith into a god who leaves children to die of starvation. (Free will!, don't give me that nonsense)
Somethings cannot be taught and there is a huge difference in reading spiritual texts and experience it. You can read them for years and fill yourself with knowledge but you will never truly understand what they mean until you experiencing it first hand.

The last thing I will say and it always angers Christians because they can never give me a straight answer (they know the inevitable rebut that I will give) because they always ignore this statement. Even though it's directly violating what they believe in.
"God made me a person of spiritual beliefs, are you questioning his wisdom?"

I could go on for days but as a Religious person I know you will have some sort of 'profound' answer for everything that I've said and we will continue in the usual debate when conversing with Christians which is a circle. A circle that we both go around for hours.
If you follow the bible as the literal word of the Lord God, that's when I start to question your sanity, it's nearly to the point of a mental illness.
edit on 19-11-2011 by WiZKiD111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by WiZKiD111

yes... you are a wise man indeed, educated through all the knowledge this world can provide...
you are a logical person and yet, you can see facts from a different perspective.
and i know your not going to hate me this, but hopefully, in your wisdom, you can see the point i am making... but heres a scripture reference

1 Corinthians 3:19
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

and how i know you that you will not mock me with hate, because you are wise

Proverbs 9:8
Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

maybe you could also join in these bible studies as we embark on the Word of God, not the word of the churches. all up to you. maybe just try it out, and see where the holy spirit takes you.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I thought you were going to be "REDEFINING" Christianity......?

All I see here is the same old stereotypical circular Christain illogic.

"The Bible is the word of God, so it must be true.
Jesus is my Savior
I met the Holy Ghost a month ago

Everybody else is wrong and going to Hell!"

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

redefine in a way that is separated from the doctrines of man, the Catholic church, the protestant church, etc. i guess you can say going back to the root? teachings of Christ and exemplification by the apostles? nondenominational? - for lack of better words.

do you have any other remarks you wish to share that could hopefully clear things up ? i see that you are seeking by the rebuttle on this thread... please, dont hesitate to continue viewing this thread...

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Somebody comes on , tells us their name and how the holy ghost has moved into them and they suddenely feel the urge to tell everybody how wrong they are and how they must follow christ.

of course your beliefs are right and everybody else is wrong.
religious people are so funny.

this is not a church.

I agree JohnySeagiull, but some seem to think this is a church, or something. I wish Christians would wake up some, and climb out of that box they live in.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Its a conspiracy site and as a Christian I believe there are a number of conspiracys against Christians, and the world as a whole.
Point me in the direction of a Christian conspiracy site and I will leave.
The info I get from secularists and Christians here is good, so for now I will stay. I dont like to read the antichristian stuff, but I wont grizzle, the worlds made up of many types and its big enough for all of us.
God made it that way.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by boony
Its a conspiracy site and as a Christian I believe there are a number of conspiracys against Christians, and the world as a whole.
The info I get from secularists and Christians here is good, so for now I will stay. I dont like to read the antichristian stuff, but I wont grizzle, the worlds made up of many types and its big enough for all of us.
God made it that way.

You think there is a conspiracy against Christians?
holy #, I literally have to mask my laughter in this post.
edit on 20-11-2011 by WiZKiD111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

Christianity cannot be 'redefined'. It is what it has always been, & will always be. Your 'church' does not follow Christ, if you were abused by people in it. That is an affront to Christianity.People sin, the church itself doesn't. But that church is not Christian. If it was, you would have been protected. Priests do not know God better than we can ourselves. They are only human too, & they forgive their own perversions because 'God forgives'? He will not forgive those who cause harm & damage to those who wish to know him. Leave the guilt with the church, & 'get out from amongst her my people, lest you share in her plagues'. False religion, all those professing Jesus Christ, but not obedient to the laws, is Babylon the Great, & is about to be destroyed. We only have to listen to Jesus, not to priests.. They are worse sinners because they SHOULD 'KNOW BETTER.. Preaching in the Son's name, but never in God's... No church is from God. He has a spiritual temple, Jesus is the cornerstone, the apostle are the pillars.. God people are his temple.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

The kingdom of heaven is at hand, and ravenous wolves in sheep's clothing are currently corrupting the churches today and misleading the thirsty, seeking souls for their own personal greed.

Nothing new there, it's been this way since the apostles were alive. Christianity doesn't need to be "redefined", the wolves never "defined" Christianity from the beginning. Christ warned to beware of the wolves, I assume because that means there are wolves. The faithful remnant has always been on this Earth since Calvary.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by WiZKiD111

God made it that way.

Oh wrong website. Clearly there are no such things as conspiracys, beg your pardon.
Everybody is kind and nice to each other.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by WiZKiD111

God made it that way.

Oh wrong website. Clearly there are no such things as conspiracys, beg your pardon.
Everybody is kind and nice to each other.

LOL. Yeah, apparently there are no such things as conspiracies. I suppose Christianity is exempt from people conspiring against it.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

they failed the most basic of christian ideals. and more importantly they failed you.

"treat others as you want to be treated"

-subfab

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join