It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US man fired for refusing to wear '666'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp
reply to post by Partygirl

I'd say that if he is scared of a number because a fictional book told him to fear he is probably not mentally stable enough to be working.

edit on 19-11-2011 by WakeUpRiseUp because: (no reason given)

I would have to say that it is refreshing in today's world for somebody to actually stick up for what they believe in. The fact that you ridicule him for following what you claim to be a fictional book takes nothing away from the courage shown by the stance he has taken. Also, if I were an evil genius of any kind (religion based or otherwise) I would think the best way to get people to comply with my plans was to get other people to laugh at them for heeding warnings that those who once knew of my plans might have given.
But, since you appear to believe that everything in life is simply science and religion is fiction you probably won't get the full impact of that.
I have to wonder if you saw the recent information about faster than light particles and creating light. Science doesn't know all there is to know and much of what is today scientific knowledge was once widely practices due to belief rather than microscopic evidence.
Fiction. In a world of ever changing knowledge it can be tricky to pin down.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I think we're reaching some kind of tipping point... extreme behavior is being seen more and more often and OWS just seems to confirm that even more. I wonder where it's all leading too but something's going to happen, every time things gets this extreme something horrible always happens which makes society and individuals reel back a bit.

I'm not sure what I would have done, they're asking him to put his beliefs aside and perhaps for him it was a sin. I'm not Christian nor am I a religious nut but I hold firm to my beliefs, if someone asked me to do something that went against my moral values or ethical beliefs, I'd refuse. So I don't see how this should be seen as any different.

Saying it's a trivial issues is a subjective opinion which is too easy to say; I'm not this person so I can't say.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by davereality
Some people need to relax. (Looks at above replies).

People have a freedom to believe in whatever they want.

They also have a right to opinion.

Stop attacking people for what they say.

I'm sure believers will relax once non-believers stop emphasizing how "looney" believers are for having beliefs they're supposed to be free to have.

"Right to an opinion" ≠ "Right to be a hurtful ###hole"

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

He should have keep the sticker from the day before and put +1 next to it now he did have 665 days to plan for the event did he not.

Or dont believe stories people tell you from a book are gospel (pun intended) anyway the number of the beast may have been 616 according to certain research.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I think the company should be forced to stop making employees wear stickers. Why is it necessary to proclaim the number of days that the company has been accident free on each person? Pointless! I don't blame him, wouldn't have worn that crap either.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Given the current employment situation, a lot of people wouldn't just wear a t-shirt with the number 666, they'd wear a Tutu if they had to.
Think about all those people dressed in Ronald McDonald outfits.
Back in the day it was Mr Wimpy, we all used to kick his ass when he came out, trying to take off his giant head lol.
Now I think back on Mr Wimpy, he was just some guy trying to make a living.

There's a lot of people that would wear that t-shirt right now to put food in their mouths.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
He could have stubbed his toe, or slipped on the bathroom floor.

I'm glad he didn't. We'll see where he is in 3 mos.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by jcord

Mark 10:25.

and think about what you said in your 3rd post of the thread.
edit on 19-11-2011 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Somebody should tell him that the number of the beast is actually 616.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Firing someone for not wearing a button is almost as stupid as being afraid of numbers.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
There has to be more to the story than the guy being fired for not wearing the sticker or whatever. Maybe he was defiant or insubordinate about it? Insubordination or defiance can cost someone their job.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by bluemirage5

I'm sure that was'nt part of his employment contract. I'm not a Christian but I would most certainly support him by not wearing it and his legal action against his employers.

It was'nt that long ago my people were forced to wear gold stars on their clothing and permanent tattoo'ed numbers on their flesh!
edit on 19-11-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

What legal action? If i recall correctly there is a separation of church and state in our rights.

IN NO WAY does "666" represent a disparity of the separation of church and state, "666" is a made up fairy tail based on a hoax. There is no direct or even indirect relation to the number "666" in the bible.

The man is a fool plying the the music of even more fools. Fire him I say, do we rely want robots (following some archaic religious dogma) working for us?
edit on 19-11-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

Wow this is so pathetic that most of the post on this thread is against the guy and agrees with the company that fired him. FIRED him for not wearing a sticker? for 1 day? Yes that's right, I don't care whether this sticker is "666" or "69" but for not wearing it for 1 DAY out of ALL the other days. While you can complain about his religious beliefs, one can also argue about the importance of this sticker. While he might be superstitious about this #, the fact of the matter is, how the hell does NOT wearing this sticker for 1 DAY affect his job? really people come on.

I work in managment and we respect all individuals views and beliefs unless it affects the job that they're doing.
This guy is fired for not wearing a sticker with 666 on it for 1 day out of all the other days, it's ridiculous that most of you guys felt he deserved it. From a management perspective, this if just plain BS.
In my opinion I think there is more going on then what this guy is claiming that led to his termination.

Hyatt, who said he's a devout Christian, had worked for the north Georgia plastics company since June 2007 and, like other employees, wore stickers each day that proclaimed how long the factory had gone without an accident. But he grew nervous in early 2009 as the number of accident-free days crept into the 600s. As the company's safety calendar approached day 666, Hyatt said he spoke to a manager and explained that wearing it would force him "to accept the mark of the beast and to be condemned to hell". He said the manager assured him he wouldn't have to wear the number.

Also he did everything right by talking to management first to ensure their awareness of his position and was told he didn't have to wear it.
Obviously his termination is of something else besides this insignificant sticker BS. It is truly disturbing though to see some of you guys agreeing with this.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by douglas82391

It was'nt that long ago my people were forced to wear gold stars on their clothing and permanent tattoo'ed numbers on their flesh!
edit on 19-11-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)
You must be from the future

I take it that you weren't taught world history while you were in school.
Unless of course you haven't gotten to that grade level yet.

I promised one of my children that I would avoid possibly heated threads.
I won't respond anymore for now...Mama
edit on 19-11-2011 by mamabeth because: added

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp

I'd say that if he is scared of a number because a fictional book told him to fear he is probably not mentally stable enough to be working.

edit on 19-11-2011 by WakeUpRiseUp because: (no reason given)

Does that mean that you will have no problem in getting RFID chipped in either your hand or forehead? Just curious.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I got my insurance renewal for my car through the other day, and the price was £666.

I thought id phone up and ask for a pound off so its not 666 any more and they agreed!

saved me 1 pound, thanks to all the crazy superstitious nuts out there

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

So silly. I just got a new cell phone and the last three digits are 666. I didnt turn the phone in or ask for a new phone number. This one is really easy to remember. I am not superstitious nor am I religous.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

I think the company should be forced to stop making employees wear stickers. Why is it necessary to proclaim the number of days that the company has been accident free on each person? Pointless! I don't blame him, wouldn't have worn that crap either.

So the company should stop wearing stickers because this guy was stupid enough to think his boss was the antichrist? If this idiot knew anything only the antichrist marks people with the number of the beast.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcord
reply to post by Hawking

Anyone who understands witchcraft and satanism understands that it makes perfect sense and that includes top scientists and leaders of our time and all down through history. Mr Braun was a believer as was his contemporary at JPL. Anyone with any sense at all knows that pyramids and eyes do not permiate every culture on earth for no damn reason. Your position is called blind stupidity.

You do not have to look very hard to find an illuminati on Mr Cain's team.
edit on 19-11-2011 by jcord because: (no reason given)

I am a Witch. Satan doesn't even exist for us. That 'creature" is part of Christianity only. Understand that. And what "top scientist" are chiming in on religious issues?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
My youngest son was born on 6-6-6. And his name is Christian! go figure. He was due on the 26th and the name was already picked.

Like someone stated earlier, the actual number of the beast is unknown therefore it is not in the biblical Cannon. Therefore I believe this guy deserved to lose his job. Adhere to what your company wants unless it's not morally or ethically correct and you won't risk losing your lively hood.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

If the man was fired because of his religous beliefs he should be reinstated. No matter what his beliefs are they should be respected. I am pretty sure this man will get his job back. Just having it out there for critisism from the general public will make his employers reconsider I think.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join