It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian art work reveals the truth...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by abstract_alao
mikromarius i feel what your saying man. My only thing is that through the ages and even now the misunderstanding of religion has caused a lot of conflict. We can't even beging to try and look at thing through the eyes of others

I wouldn't go as far as to giving religion the blame for what dictators and despots have done in the name of religion. Religion has proven to be an extremely effective tool to control masses and to unite peoples against an enemy. Most religions came out of wars as a result of it and have evolved further through new wars. But to say that it's religion's fault that mighty men use it as a weapon would be to say it was the stone Cain killed Abel with that killed Abel, and not the person who out of envy used a stone to kill his brother with. See?

Blessings,
mikromarius

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 12:54 AM
link   
sorry to burst your bubbles.. but these paintings were made far far far after the fact :-).

1700's? Uhh.. it's almost like they were there, huh? :-D

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dangerous_Brian
sorry to burst your bubbles.. but these paintings were made far far far after the fact :-).

Well you should say that about constine then

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 12:57 PM
link   

mikromarius i feel what your saying man. My only thing is that through the ages and even now the misunderstanding of religion has caused a lot of conflict. We can't even beging to try and look at thing through the eyes of others

One more thing these painting were taken from bible verses. doesn't that tell you something

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienaddicted

Edit/

[Edited on 15-4-2003 by alienaddicted]

Are you laughing or agreeing Mr.Addicted

I think you found some nice pics, I'll try to get a look at the mozes painting in real life, belgium isn't that big.

Looked for the place where this painting is hanging, on the internet, but didn't found info about it. I'll have to meet some people. I'll tell you when I saw it.

almost at the end of this page are two other paintings: www.pastpresentfuture.info...

just meant cool topic with the cool:
, a very fascinating find !

sorry for answering this late

[Edited on 23-5-2003 by alienaddicted]

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dangerous_Brian

But on the other hand it confirms people have seen UFO's in the 1700's (1400's?) ??

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Hummm…..is Jesus really an alien. That would be the biggest conspiracy ever!!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Psh? What? You people are nuts!!!

abstract_alao 1st batch of images:
The 1st image is obviously flying jellyfish, the 2nd image is obvious a frizbee, because we all know they play frizbee back then. The last few images are obviously hat!! Geez people!!
(Sarcasm!!)

abstract_alaO 2nd batch of images:
The 1st image is an umbrella because it was sunny that day. The 2nd image is a game that the ancient use to play, we stole it from them, its called "space invaders". The 3rd image is obviously ghosts and spirits. The 4th image is a guy with a carved out coconut on his head. The abstract image is a guy playing frizbee again. And the others are just random stuff painted on the painting to fill in spaces.

Everything I just said was sarcasm!!!

I don't know what to believe, I rather not get involved with the biblical stories and events, its just too much of a hassle, and would spark too much conflict. I rather stick with whatt the biblical teaching has to offer.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I'm very very skeptical regarding this whole "alien visitation" thing--but having said that, I admit this stuff is really very interesting!!

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   
lol skyblue im dying of laughter.... the space invaders one was the best hahahah. But anyway I remeber seeing a program about this when I was younger I think on the History channel. Damn I wish I recorded it, cause there were tons of pics they showed w/ UFO in them like this.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   

I'm glad some of you like what i have posted, however if you try to show this to the average Christian he will snub his nose, call you blasphemous, say your going to hell.

All I wish is that theses people that call themselves Christians see that it was Christ�s message that was important, not if he is the Son of God.

The whole idea of him being the son of God was put together by the Roman Empire to quite the bickering of greedy parishioners and priest.

It’s not true that most Christians would react this way. I am a Christian, also a Lutheran, and I certainly would not. Actually, I have held the theory for quite a long time that the UFO phenomenon is religiously related, but not in a way that you are going to care to hear. If we say that these two things are related, there is only two ways for it to go:

1) There are aliens and they have affected man and religion throughout the ages.
2) There are no aliens, and these are actually classes of angles, both fallen and not.

The bible and the psudepigraphal texts do not deny that these things have occurred, but they give a religious overtone to them. For example, the story of Ezekiel the Wheel in a Wheel is a class of angle known as a Throne. Then you have the Neliphim and the watchers, in fact the one photo you show is supposed to be an aborigines cave painting that they call the Nelefeme (or something similar) it is obviously supposed to be the same entities that the bible refers to as the Neliphim.

I personally believe that the entities that those on this site refer to as Grays are actually angles that have lost their state of grace and therefore their enlightened bodies and are now gray. Whoever the guy was that originally coined the “swamp gas” excuse, the one that ran grudge and I believe Blue Book for years (I think is name was Hynic or something) was supposedly quoted before he died in saying “that the UFO phenomenon was related to the same things that had effected religion down through the ages”. Therefore, it would appear that he also made this connection. This could be the real reason that the government covers up UFO’s, if they are in fact making deals with the devil, they sure are not going to be telling anyone here about it.

There is a doctorate paper that someone wrote and it was published and is available for purchase called “Of Angles and Aliens: The Making of a Myth”, I suggest you get a copy and take a look at it. The theory was that UFO’s were a modern day myth in the making, but about halfway through he gets pretty heavily into the relationship between the ranks of angles and UFO’s, and even into Greek and Roman gods.

As far as the Holy Trinity, not all protestant religious put God the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit together as an equal entity. As Lutheran, you should, but Jehovah’s witnesses and I also believe, Seven Day Adventist’s do not put the three on equal footing. I have had this discussion with a Jehovah’s Witness and to be honest their argument for the separation was somewhat compelling, though I may not believe that way personally.

[edit on 11/2/2005 by defcon5]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Well Byrd

You'll be claiming next that every Crop Circle ever made was fashioned my Moustached Men with a length of Rope and a plank of wood.

This is an interesting one indeed and these paintings and drawings have been well covered on the net many times.

I fail to see how in a world were 2.1 Billion beleive a Virgin gave birth to the Son of God 2000 that some people find the idea of Alien Contact so implausable.

Don't listen to the supposed "experts"...use your own common sense

[edit on 2-11-2005 by BobDylan]

[edit on 2-11-2005 by BobDylan]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobDylan

I fail to see how in a world were 2.1 Billion beleive a Virgin gave birth to the Son of God 2000 that some people fing the idea of Alien Contact so implausable.

I gave my educated opinion, if you don’t hold the same opinion that is your decision, but DO NOT be insulting me for my beliefs. If what I am saying is such BS, then you find me a practicing Christian that claims to be adducted, I would very much like to meet one of those, they seem as elusive as the little gray guys from mars.

[edit on 11/2/2005 by defcon5]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   

What is intresting about these paintling is that these people had no concept of modern day "U.F.O's". So where did the idea of these disc like images come from!??!

From sunrise and sunset, where the sun appears to be ascending from the underworld (resurrection), or descending into it (death). The sun and stars are the source of most (all?) ancient religious concepts. A line with a semicircle over it represents these events (the line is the horizon, the semi-circle is the half sun peaking over the horizon). The truth that Christianity is rooted in solar mythology has been preserved in artwork and obscure references in the Bible in spite of the attempts of Rome to obscure it.

The four "faces"/"directions" referred to in Ezekiel and other books are the four seasons of the year. The wheels are the path of the stars and "non-fixed" celestial objects which always move in the same direction and may be used to determine the seasons (moving toward the four "directions").

The word "heaven" and "sky" were one in the same in ancient times, because celestial objects were the gods and they "lived" in the sky. The ancients are telling us what they believed, but we simply won't accept that it's as straightforward as it is because they intermingled mysticism with astronomy.

Lights in the sky are stars and the moon.

It is not closed minded to seek the simplest answer.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I fail to see how in a world were 2.1 Billion beleive a Virgin gave birth to the Son of God 2000 that some people find the idea of Alien Contact so implausable.

Pure common sense

Nice to see

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Dance like an Egyptian

I watched some old science show with a brit host filmed in I belive 77' anyway someone on here recomended it and I found it interesting the one guy who went to the moon as copiolet I belive was saying "man we are nothing I mean nothing man" well maybe he is right. We are just ants to the lil green men. Anyway I have found it interesting the times that these things show up. I liked the quick pictorial in the fim Goddess Columbia where it showed Egypian carvings side to space ships from star wars lol. Who knows maybe they are just screwing with us when they gave all the prophets visions. We are the movies to aliens...

When God said to George Bush to go to war maybe it was CEO Alien at the all seeing eye CBS outter space divison just wanted to boost ratings!

Now play this as fact and the government knows. Would you be pissed they kept it a secret? I think all the zealots would kill eachother if they were handed the God's honest truth lol.

[edit on 8-11-2005 by japike]

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I personally believe that the entities that those on this site refer to as Grays are actually angles that have lost their state of grace and therefore their enlightened bodies and are now gray.

that is ok, being it is your opinion, and maybe i am misunderstanding..
but..

angels are widely believed to be incorporeal (without material form or substance; "an incorporeal spirit")...

to my knowledge, only the fallen angels were the ones who became corporeal (gained a body - to fulfill their lust for the daughters of men)...I don't know of anywhere that suggest that these "fallen" ones received "enlightened" bodies as you stated...although some have came to the conclusion that "good" angels can also become temporarily corporeal to perform the works of God on earth...

so wouldn't all "greys" in your theory be evil entities?....and we should all be wary of these "demons"?...

my only challenge to that is:

Why would God allow only evil beings to "abduct" people, make mysterious appearances, and supposedly "come into contact" with people? If it were a fair game, surely the more powerful God would allow "his" angels to also perform the interaction with humans in the form of the UFO phenomena..

Isn't it pretty much a given, in theory, that angels and demons can only interact with mankind in "spiritual" form, ie. "whispering in their ears", like decisions you make based on your conscience? Wouldn't gaining a body defeat the purpose of angels only having "influence" in man's everyday decisions? Weren't "the fallen" bound up by the archangels to wait and "watch" for the coming of God, or destroyed in the flood of Noah?

as far as "life out there", I do believe it exists..but I also believe that this life is in spiritual form, not physical....that does not mean that those spirits may not take physical forms in order to make their presence known, just not to interact physically with humans..and if my theory on that is wrong, it seems as though both good and evil would be able to carry out various forms of UFO activity....

back on topic:

To me, the artwork does seem to represent the fact that the artists did see something in the skies that looked similar to todays accounts of UFO's ....whether it was their interpretation of the sun and moon's phases, or if it was actually something in the sky that was known to be physical, will only be known by the artist..

hmmmmm..that kind of holds true of religion completely...literal translation based on a form of communication....sometimes things can't be explained literally...you have to interpret things for yourself...search for your own answers....sometimes we can only believe in things that we can't prove...that is what religion is all about.....FAITH

hope I have shed some light on the way I see things....feel free to U2U me anytime to further discuss our purpose in this state of being..

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   

The special from the history channel also quoted some bible verses that were at least to me UFO encounters. Here is one of them

You want to know the truth about UFO's in the bible?
check this out:
journals.aol.com...

**its not what you will like to hear though!

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by seawater999
You want to know the truth about UFO's in the bible?
check this out:
journals.aol.com...

You might try reading the books of Enoch if you want to understand the context of the Bible more regarding angels, wars in the heavens etc.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Don't know if this is relevant but it is related to gods/aliens.

The Ancient Greek god of the Sun (Apollo I think) was said to ride out of the ocean in the dawn in a chariot that gave off the light of the sun.
Coincidentally, the Ancient Egyptian god of the Sun, Ra, was said to ride out of the sea in the dawn in a silver egg.

Coincidence?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join