It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged White House Shooter Captured

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Alleged White House Shooter Captured

news.blogs.cnn.com

Authorities have arrested a man who allegedly was involved in a shooting incident that may be responsible for two bullets found this week at the White House, the U.S. Secret Service said.

Police arrested Oscar Ramiro Ortega-Hernandez near Indiana, Pennsylvania, the U.S. Secret Service said. Authorities say they believe he was involved in a shooting that happened near the White House in Washington, D.C., on Friday night.

Two bullets were found Tuesday, including one that hit an exterior White House window and was stopped by bulletproof glass, and another found on the White House exterio
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Wow. Here we go. This may or may not be interesting, depending on how "mentally ill" this guy is. This sort of thing has happened before, many times. I'm interested in seeing how this may unfold.

I wonder how he thought shooting at the White House from a far-off distance would accomplish anything, except getting himself shot or thrown in prison.

news.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
At least we are now 100% sure the windows are bullet proof. guess we can;t use the ol sniper through the window routine.

Watch them blame it on Iran as an attempted assassination on a white house lawn ornament.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Indiana, Pennsylvania is not very far from Somerset County (for the Flight 93 was shot down crowd).

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I'm wondering if the press are going to sweep this under the carpet if this guy proves to be a "liberal" that is associated with the Occupy Wall Street movement.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by justinsweatt
I'm wondering if the press are going to sweep this under the carpet if this guy proves to be a "liberal" that is associated with the Occupy Wall Street movement.

Just out of curiosity: Would you care to expound on the point of this question?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Yeah, this story is sketchy around the edges. I wonder how they tracked this guy down, although this was a super-sloppy event on the perp's part. His lack of organization does point to mental illness. Unfortunately, in a "free" society, some of the wingnuts get to run loose. I wonder if we'll soon see posts here saying, "Now they're going to take our guns away!", or implying that The President's birth certificate is to blame.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Police arrested Oscar Ramiro Ortega-Hernandez near Indiana, Pennsylvania, the U.S. Secret Service said. Authorities say they believe he was involved in a shooting that happened near the White House in Washington, D.C., on Friday night.

Name denotes Hispanic heritage. Drug cartel assassination attempt? False flag?

The question that is really burning in my brain...

How in the hell did they find this guy or know it was him doing the shooting, after they found the bullet? Some of the news stories I have seen on this implied that AFTER they found the bullet THEN they started looking for a shooter. Remote viewing perhaps?

EDIT - Acutally after doing some more reading it appears he was involved in a shooting that has nothing to do with the Whitehouse other than it stopping the stray bullets.
edit on 16-11-2011 by BIGPoJo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by moonzoo7

I wonder how he thought shooting at the White House from a far-off distance would accomplish anything, except getting himself shot or thrown in prison.

I'm wondering if that wasn't precisely the point. He was OWS in terms of using the camp for shelter. That's neither here nor there for his motivations though, as sick is sick. OWS has nothing to do with that. However, it speaks to his level of desperation and lack of options in life.

I wonder if his wildly ineffectual attempt at "doing something" wasn't quite literally his little cry for help and knowingly putting himself in a position to go into a psych ward for a few years, if not prison. It's hard for some to imagine, but to a % on the streets, prison or a funny farm is a step up to deliberately plan for ways to get into. There is a lot to be said in some people's lives for 3 hots, a bed with clean sheets and 0 personal responsibility for making decisions or thinking about each days challenges. I wonder if this guy doesn't fall into that category. Scary thing to consider.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Originally posted by justinsweatt

Just out of curiosity: Would you care to expound on the point of this question?

I have to second that; What does OWS have to do with this? There is no publically stated motive for this event.
This ties in to my post above. It's disheartening when people use topics and posts to spin a point of view or opinion that may hold.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
1 would assume that tracking devices are surrounding the White House that can follow the bullets trajectory and vid. camera track back to the point shot was fired from....

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
www.facebook.com...

Oscar Ramiro Ortega Hernandez
Universidad Santo Tomás

en.wikipedia.org...

The Pontifical and Royal University of Santo Tomas, The Catholic University of the Philippines (colloquially UST or "Ustê". Filipino: Unibersidad ng Santo Tomas), is a private Roman Catholic university run by the Order of Preachers in Manila. Founded on April 28, 1611 by archbishop of Manila Miguel de Benavides, it has the oldest extant university charter in the Philippines and in Asia.[1][2] and is one of the world's largest Catholic universities in terms of enrollment found on one campus.[3][4] UST is also the largest university in the city of Manila. As a Pontifical University in Asia,[5] UST is the only university to have been visited by two popes three times: once by Pope Paul VI on Nov. 28, 1970, and twice by Pope John Paul II on Feb. 18, 1981 and January 13, 1995.[6]

The University is composed of several autonomous faculties, colleges, schools and institutes, each conferring undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate degrees, and the basic education units. Several degrees have been accredited by the Commission on Higher Education as Centers of Excellence and Centers of Development.

Now this is ATS. I think we could come up with some good #$%^ for this guy. The pope sceretly targets Obama?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I think there are a couple of different ways that you can look at what happened here. The guy could be a complete Manchurian, used as a false flag, to demonize the OWS movement.

I also think that if the guy had been a conservative, the talking heads at MSNBC would be saying that the guy is apart of some dangerous Tea Party conspiracy because they're racists who want nothing more than to wish great harm upon our President. I do fear that if this guy does turn out to be a part of the OWS scene, that the right wing-o-sphere is going to have a field day making sweeping generalizations that everyone involved in the OWS movement is nothing more than crazed communists to try to take the limelight off of a couple of good issues that the OWS movement has brought up.

It could go either way....no sure.....this could go a bunch of different ways, really.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by justinsweatt

I get you. I would have thought the "mentally ill" tag he's been labelled with would make him an unsuitable tool to use for PR... but then... they have done it before...and I'm sure they will continue to practice that particular form of 'infotainment.'

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I would say he is tied to the protest in the Philippines against the US.

abcnews.go.com...

Nov 16, 2011 10:02am
Communist Protesters Throw Red Paint on Clinton’s Motorcade

thehimalayantimes.com...

Clinton vows military support to Philippines

MANILAL: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton today vowed military support for the Philippines, delivering a firm message from the deck of an American warship at a time of rising tensions with China.

On a steaming hot day on Manila Bay, Clinton boarded the USS Fitzgerald, a US Navy destroyer based in California, as she signed a declaration marking 60 years since the United States signed a security treaty with its former colony.

Seems Hillary just loves dragging us into wars. She pushed for Libya, Ivory Coast and many others. Now she wants to go into the Philippines. Are diplomats supposed to start and promote war? I allways thought they tried to prevent them.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Too bad this Oscar guy wasn't available during the Dick and Bush administration.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I got a few comments. 1st, they could arrest anyone for this, mainly cause it will get "swept" under the rug. No one is going to make a public announcment trying to defend themselves saying they didnt do it, cause the media wont cover it. 2nd.. And another reason this will go away.. Why the hell did it take security 4 days to realize? Seriously. How many agents stand around all day outside the white house? Im guessin a handfull to a bunch, so 4 days its sort of.. I wanna say funny, but more like appauling. And that my friend is the real story, worthless SS agents sleeping on the job. I mean, surely they do perimeter checks everyday, slackers..

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Cue Eric Holder and another push to banish assault weapons from the face of the earth. Gotta protect Obama from the crazies.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by moonzoo7

L
L, peoples

false flag to garner sympathy for elections [and try and trample the 2nd while they're at it]

king oreo: "they tried to assassinate me, i must be doing something right! "

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

well they couldn't track or detect a jet liner slamming into the Pentagon, so not much chance of spotting a bullet bouncing off the WH.

sorry couldn't resist

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join