It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holograms / 3D Projection now a reality (Japan)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Now it's easier than ever to fake UFOs in the sky!

see 1:18 sec for "floating" triangular thingies projected in mid air

Guy in video suggests possible use in advertising ala Back To The Future II
edit on 11/16/2011 by laymanskeptic because: "malformed video id" ?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Well, for years I heard scientists say that making projected holograms like we see in the movies was impossible, something that wouldn't be done for a thousand years, and wouldn't be done forever because you can't make light hover coherently in space.

Well, they still can't do the latter, but these guys figured out a work around and it seems to work quite well. Pretty amazing.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Brilliant - I've been waiting for this since I was kiddie winkie

2nd

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
It looks like it would give some people epileptic seizures but that is awesome! It even looks like it does in star wars and here I thought it was sci-fi.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Just imagine the potential applications: the opening of the Olympics, big festivals, new year, advertising, theme parks, engineering visualization, gaming, personal communications, etc.

A bit more fps (temporal resolution), a bit more spatial resolution, a bit more color depth, and it would be amazing. There's nothing here that time can't fix, maybe 4 to 5 years down the line.

The potential play of 3D lights would be much more awesome than the typical UFO sighting.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
That is pretty crazy. Did it mention how long they have been doing this or is it a brand new technology (no sound)? If it has been awhile could explain some of the sightings around that area and China...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by laymanskeptic

post by laymanskeptic
Now it's easier than ever to fake UFOs in the sky!

I think its a big leap from the technology on display to projecting believable UFO's in the sky .
I really don't buy into this whole false flag Alien invasion scenario , its a conspiracy too far in my humble opinion though it may be used as an explanation for a real ET event by some die hard skeptics in the future

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

My family and I saw very good holograms at Niagra Falls in Canada way back in the 1980's.
One was a Geni who spoke to us and responded to questions. She was completely 3D and looked solid. She was "standing" on a table that could be walked completely around.
Another was the same set up but the hologram was a leprechaun.
These were true holograms. This was 1988 if memory serves.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

I think these displays (the one you saw in Niagara) use a sprayed water surface as a projection screen.

Sort of like this in Sentosa, Singapore:

edit on 11/16/2011 by laymanskeptic because: (no reason given)

The one mentioned in the OP doesn't use any surface except for the air itself, which is essentially a 3d canvas.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
It's not even close to being something that could be used to fake UFO sightings. It's expensive, it's obviously a hologram, as the beam of light used to create it is obvious, it's low to the ground.

Cool? Yes. Possibility of being mistaken for a UFO? I'd say many years off.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

But some light displays in the sky many people label as UFOs look lousier and less sophisticated than the one we see in the OP (video at 1:18), and yet people report them as UFOs.

If anything, these "low quality" UFO sightings will now be ignored - to the detriment (or not) of legit UFO research.

Maybe it's a good thing, since now we will only pay attention to the most compelling of UFO sightings. I've had enough of disappointing youtube videos showing stupid dots in the sky, dots that don't even move with unbelievable speeds, but behave as if they're balloons being blown by the wind, or an RC toy.
edit on 11/16/2011 by laymanskeptic because: iv'e to i've

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
It's not even close to being something that could be used to fake UFO sightings. It's expensive, it's obviously a hologram, as the beam of light used to create it is obvious, it's low to the ground.

There are no beams of light seen at 1:18 sec, where the 2 triangles are, that's why I believe it can be used to fake stuff in the sky. What I'm not sure of is if the technology now can be scaled to create a larger image other than the 1-foot triangles we see floating in the vid - that's a hurdle for hoaxers. It appears expensive, but you never know the lengths a dedicated hoaxer is willing to go through.

Point is, we're not that far from making certain types UFO hoaxes practical (the "dancing lights in the night sky" type of UFO hoax)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Japan was releasing some solid state holgoraphy as well. That can change the entire world.

www.geek.com...

We're in a hologram already.

Imagine a world where you can print out and erect any home without impacting the world's resources.

Or grown from a seed, ie.

www.gizmag.com...
edit on 16-11-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Japan was releasing some solid state holgoraphy as well. That can change the entire world.

www.geek.com...

The "objects" in the holograms mentioned in that website aren't inside real 3d space, but rely on a surface to create the illusion, i.e., the "3D" display monitor (unlike the real 3D canvas of the OP which uses oxygen and nitrogen in the atmosphere). But interesting use of ultrasound for tactile feedback.

Imagine a world where you can print out and erect any home without impacting the world's resources.

Or grown from a seed, ie.

www.gizmag.com...

I see new automotive or home problems, like your car or house having tumors or something.

And mucous secretions when its air intake manifold is infected with a venturivirus.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Next week, the engineer turns 17.

Really cool effect though, imagine standing in the center of 4 massive walls of it and having something projected around you

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burnerz
Really cool effect though, imagine standing in the center of 4 massive walls of it and having something projected around you

Combine that with the ultrasound tactile feedback mentioned in Unity_99's post, and you have something close to the holodeck of Star Trek.

Looks like Gene Roddenberry's show got a bit more real. First the iPad (Star Trek's touch screen panels), then this hologram (holodeck).

Warp drive any time now, and transporter beams.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Actually that is leaked stuff. To me that car is disclosure. What I imagine is occurring is some low level tech has been "shared", and I'd see it more like some way of duplicating crystal seed growth. I was told they grow crafts on vines and they continue growing larger in space. Solid state holography is going to emerge, this is only whats on the surface of our science. Not whats done in black operations. The entire universe is akin to imprinting tech drawings, 2d pigments, and erecting them with light/lazers, mirrored by stats. There is an energy here that is utlized, and that is probably how holography is made more solid, plasma discharges. Clean energy and using energy in higher ways, is the hallmark of a level 1 or level 2 civilization. Its not quite "something from nothing" for infinite something exists in infinite variety, both animate and inanimate. Its restructing, making use of.

The world would be quite a place with virtualization, solid state high tech computerization in crystals, and being able to printout and erect your home, your furnishings, etc. I'd make sure it was in every home, grass roots and no elites over our heads, people councils.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeInDeath

Oh well if you're interested here's a link to a lab that said they almost achieved the stopping the light part! t blew my mind. news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

This technology has been around for awhile. It's pretty cool. Saw one set up with a Wii controller so you could "interact" with a ball; it would move based on your own hand movements.

new topics

top topics

join