It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Name change alert! Stay away from this stuff!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
LINK

Despite the myriad of evidence gained over the years showing that aspartame is a dangerous toxin, it has remained on the global market with the exception of a few countries that have banned it. In fact, it continued to gain approval for use in new types of food despite evidence showing that it causes neurological brain damage, cancerous tumors, and endocrine disruption, among other things

“AminoSweet“ Remember the name!

I came across this article from one of my favorite sites and thought it was important because I have had experience myself, with the affects of 'diet' drinks.
Shocking read really...check it out.

Now, I'm a girl who likes her Bourbon...
I thought if I'm not going to stop drinking I'm going to 'slim' it down, so I changed from the full sugar version to 0.
That was about 5 years ago...
I stopped drinking it about 3 weeks ago and boy what a physical journey that's been!
I had pain in the guts, nausea, headaches, bloating, twitchy eyes, nearly feinted 3 times! couldn't sleep and the list goes on! I was almost worried enough to go to the Doctors, until it dawned on me what I had changed about my habits.
Sure enough this all settled down and I feel back to normal-ish, still getting headaches on and off, but not as bad.
I'm going to give my body another week or two but I reckon even they'll be gone too.
Nasty stuff people.
My mum had a scare with diabetes, and aside form changing her diet (good on her!) she's added plastic sugar.
Will send this link to her too I reckon.

Aspartame was an accidental discovery by James Schlatter, a chemist who had been trying to produce an anti-ulcer pharmaceutical drug for G.D. Searle & Company back in 1965. Upon mixing aspartic acid and phenylalanine, two naturally-occurring amino acids, he discovered that the new compound had a sweet taste. The company merely changed its FDA approval application from drug to food additive and aspartame was born. G.D. Searle & Company first patented aspartame in 1970. An internal memo released in the same year urged company executives to work on getting the FDA into the “habit of saying yes” and of encouraging a “subconscious spirit of participation” in getting the chemical approved.

?!

The major soft drink companies shipped free Diet Drinks to US Desert Storm troops, where they broke down in storage into highly toxic substances. The symptoms reported by the sufferers of “Gulf War Syndrome” mimic the ones of those reporting problems associated with Aspartame use here … but, the military personnel symptoms are greater because they were drinking/eating “expired Diet Pepsi and then some!” Since Aspartame is capable of changing the DNA (in lab tests), birth defects in offspring can be readily addressed. Family members are also experiencing illness, possibly from their continued use of these products. What is the real reason behind Gulf War Syndrome? Based on volumes of available research, we believe it was what they were eating and drinking in extreme desert heat.

Crikey!

and check out it's effects list

Eye blindness in one or both eyes decreased vision and/or other eye problems such as: blurring, bright flashes, squiggly lines, tunnel vision, decreased night vision pain in one or both eyes decreased tears trouble with contact lenses bulging eyes Ear tinnitus – ringing or buzzing sound severe intolerance of noise marked hearing impairment Neurologic epileptic seizures headaches, migraines and (some severe) dizziness, unsteadiness, both confusion, memory loss, both severe drowsiness and sleepiness paresthesia or numbness of the limbs severe slurring of speech severe hyperactivity and restless legs atypical facial pain severe tremors

AND that's not the entire list!!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Reply to post by AussieAmandaC

Good find! I hope this helps get the word out. Aspartame has been blasted before but apparently people just don't care what they put into their bods. Hopefully your info here will help some ATSers who were unaware of this poisen. Thanks for the enlightenment. Peace.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Very true! Aspartame is one of the most dangerous blood-brain barrier compromisers and excitotoxin in existence!

And we wonder why Dementia and Alzheimer disease is sky-rocketing in our age???

Let's not even start on the wealth of other excitotoxins to be found in our food such as MSG, hydrogenated anythings, soya, and most artificial flavourants and colourants. And excitotoxins have the nasty habit of over-stimulating organs which have receptors to those toxins - which explains why in our time there is the phenomenon of young and healthy 21-something year old athletes dropping dead from heart-attacks shortly after running a race, and the only relevant similarity tying in to these events is the fact that these athletes ingested some kind of MSG-laden food before the race.

I can tell if a product contains aspartame by the instant migraine that hits me soon after ingesting said product. It is truly a sign of a degenerate and degenerating society if toxins can be wilfully and lawfully added to our food with no regard to the long-term consequences to a civilization! Makes me mad it does!

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
At the local market I shop at, in the coffee and sugar aisle, they sell straight up Aspartame for a sweetener. No disguising the name, just the product in it's purest form right in your face.

I get so pissed every time I'm in that aisle that I purposely shove that product back deep into the shelf it's on so no one can see it. That's the best I can do without completely yelling in the market about how they are selling cancer powder. They should consider themselves lucky that's all I'm doing.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC

Now, I'm a girl who likes her Bourbon

A woman after my own heart!

Yeah, aspartame has gone the route of high fructose corn syrup and shortened it's name to something a little more innocent sounding.

Tell a lie and keep repeating it and eventually everyone will come to believe it.
edit on 16-11-2011 by survivalstation because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by shimmeringsilver73

We're not supposed to have msg in any of our food now, but change the name... you never know.

The list of effects/symptoms shocked me, I feel dumber already having exposed myself to 5 years worth!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
At the local market I shop at, in the coffee and sugar aisle, they sell straight up Aspartame for a sweetener. No disguising the name, just the product in it's purest form right in your face.

I get so pissed every time I'm in that aisle that I purposely shove that product back deep into the shelf it's on so no one can see it. That's the best I can do without completely yelling in the market about how they are selling cancer powder. They should consider themselves lucky that's all I'm doing.

No sugar coating there at all!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by survivalstation

Now, I'm a girl who likes her Bourbon

A woman after my own heart!

Yeah, aspartame has gone the route of high fructose corn syrup and shortened it's name to something a little more innocent sounding.

Tell a lie and keep repeating it and eventually everyone will come to believe it.
edit on 16-11-2011 by survivalstation because: (no reason given)

Actually I have a confession,
I dumped the bourbon too, you know...familiarity and all that...

I'm a vodka girl now

No plastic sugar though!!!

Can't believe all through my teens I said
"Don't eat plastic sugar, it's bad for. How can it not be when it's not real!
"
then I go and do it because slowly it (soft drink/soda/cordial) accumulates on your belly and then look where I've found myself!

Not over weight, but not healthy either!

Once bitten...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

“AminoSweet“ Remember the name!
I came across this article from one of my favorite sites

1. Ajinomoto is only one of MANY manufacturers of aspartame.
This name change is only for their brand and is not for all. Aspartame is still used as the name by other manufacturers.

2. This "news" of the name change is 2 years old. Your favorite website should be ashamed of itself for being so out of touch with reality.

17 Nov 2009
Leading aspartame producer Ajinomoto is launching a new initiative that will brand the sweetener AminoSweet.

foodbev.com

3. There are a whole bunch of ATS threads that have already announced this "news" over the years...
You'd know that if you did a search.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
We have Donald Rumsfeld to thank for Aspartame being approved by the FDA. He was a lobbyist for Searle back circa 1978. The FDA chief back then did not want to approve it due to the brain cancer that expressed in rats. 50% of the subjects died. Not long after Ronald Raygun was elected the FDA chief that had rejected Aspartame was ousted and a new guy was put in who promptly approved Aspartame as a food additive. Rummy, a real American hero NOT.

Edit: Watch Rummy on Fog Snooze. He likes to make all of his weird pyramid hand gestures. What a creep.
edit on 16-11-2011 by jcord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
thank you for the update on aspartame changing its name.

luckily am fully self-sufficient from my garden and fishing.
but I do let my family members and friends know to watch out for and avoid foods with all the chemicals in them , sadly its a necessity for them and many living in china to check ingredients before buying due to unscrupulous manufacturers there (not all are but there's enough that its become 2nd nature for many in china to check labels before buying) and imported western foods that are more chemicals than food.. Never could eat more than a bite or two of western foods without getting sick so always avoided them.

Guess too many caught on so the manufacturer changed the name.. Wonder how many other chemicals they will do the same with..
Good and useful info
S+F

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Actually I should thank them, you think just because you've seen it, every one else has?
Weird attitude dude

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Thank you, I was not aware of this.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Your avatar is Mt Mayon, right?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcord
reply to post by Expat888

Your avatar is Mt Mayon, right?

its a woodblock print of mt. fuji by hokusai part of a series of views of mt. fuji that he did
. the title of the picture is - a dragon of smoke escapes mt. fuji
edit on 16/11/11 by Expat888 because: Tengu playing..

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
It's now added to Wrigley's Doublemint, Juicy Fruit and Original chewing gum.

These gums still contain sugar. They have added Nutrasweet as a flavour enhancer.

Since when did these gums need enhancing?

Are they trying to normalise our tastebuds with artificial sweetness?

I predict it will creep into every product on the shelf one day under X number of names and codes.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Thank you op. My son has been on me about putting it in my ice tea at restaurants saying ''it'll kill ya dad''. need less to say used it anyways even after he would tell me of all the effcts you for mentioned. I owe him an apology and you..... another thank you!

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I had not heard of this new name for cancer crystals, and I for one am glad that it was posted even if the "OMG you posted it again police" wants to crash the party. Maybe this should be brought to everyone's attention every now and again.

It still amazes me that we are a country of fat people who don't see the link between the chemicals being ingested and the health problems that run rampant. Aspartame should be the focus of the war on drugs, but then again it is actually a legitimate danger so, using current logic, we should actually promote it and add it to everything. How about aspartame bubble bath? The kids will just love it! Pure sugar no longer have that sweet kick? Throw in some aspartame. Good grief.......

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

reply to post by shimmeringsilver73

We're not supposed to have msg in any of our food now, but change the name... you never know.

The list of effects/symptoms shocked me, I feel dumber already having exposed myself to 5 years worth!

Yes..
My wife gets Migraine as soon as she eats any MSG - Monosodium Glutamate ( E621 - swedish: MonoNatriumGlutamat ) or Aspartame ( E951 ).

It's the most nasty additives they put in food.
And it's everywhere.. Geeeee..

Here are some great info about Aspartame.

edit on 2011-11-16 by tomten because: Added a link

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Aspartame likely mimics a neurotransmitter.

Despite Nutrasweet (Monsanto) lab tests on people and animals, most food manufacturers of note in the UK have banned the substance for many years now.

A steroid is a drug that imitates a hormone.

Aspartame imitates one of the signallers inside your brain.

Having any excess salts and aminoacids in your system at any level can cause a myriad of symptoms.

Adding contraindicated substances could cause paralysis, dementia, mood swings - you name it.
If cats don't get taurine in their food, they die. Taurine is an aminoacid or aminosugar added to Red Bull which is good if you are a vegan.

Aspartame could be any one of the above for some people or all of the above for a lot of people if TPTB are involved.

I would never trust Monsanto to fertilise my crops so I will always avoid their poorly researched and frequently renamed produce.
edit on 16/11/2011 by lostjohnny because: link update

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join