It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Heard the Gorrillaz "The Fall" album?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
Because there was an error with the song labeling on grooveshark, I though these songs were apart of the album:

And I thought the album was decent, but then I realized those songs weren't a part of the album, and now I think it's just ok.
edit on 15-11-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

Thanks, I never heard these two before.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ImmortalThought

Ahhh The Fall is a great album, but I HIGHLY disagree with you about Plastic Beach. That album is a triumph for music of the times, pure electro-pop gold. Try listening to it with headphones on maybe?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MrMaybeNot

FM is a covet of the song of the same name by Steely Dan. Film Music is on the Rock The House single.

edit on 11/16/2011 by GoldenObserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
From "Plastic Beach" I really liked Rhinestone Eyes but I can't figure out what it's about, I have a guess but want to figure out on my own instead of looking it up. I guess I just like the original sounds of just 2-D and not so much the guests they pulled on. Gorillaz fans are so diverse

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMaybeNot

I probably think about this specific meaning because that's how I feel nowadays. I'm 23, very good looking guy, had some good relationships with girls but it seems that my mindset or whatever you call it has changed so much recently that I can't enjoy most relations as much as I used to. I feel forced to do things I hate, act and talk like people I hate, enjoy life like everything is cool.

One day I hope I'll find the other me somewhere.

What will I look like at 45 years old if I'm 23 today? The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind...

Now back to the topic, I connect deeply with most of Gorillaz songs and to me it seems that Albarn was able to convert all this sadness and desperation and convert it into beautiful, creative, authentic music.
edit on 15-11-2011 by MrMaybeNot because: (no reason given)

Brother, I felt like when I was reading this I was reading about myself. I can't stay in a relationship long because I find most of the women I get with are cool at first, but dull out real quick when we start to talk about topics we care about. She wants to stay on the topic of how immunizations are safe and her kids will get em, I bring up facts about how they are actually killing our world. In fact I cant even picture myself bringing kids into this world at this time; I'm too busy tryin to turn it into a place suitable for the ppl presently here. She likes Jersey shore, the only television I can watch is football and that is hard to watch because of how much advertising they do.

I started to see the world for what it is when I was younger (Im 23), probably beginning of HS and since then my parents have multiple times suggested I go see a phychiatrist or get on medication. I've even had "friends" mention the same thing (one even went as far as to speak my name and schizophrenia in the same sentence). When people don't understand things, instead of saying "I dont understand" they apply their "logic" and quick fixes instead of being a gd dm human being. I think most people really dont even know how to view me and so they throw out whatever sterotype is popular at the time, this is a certain display of ignorance. So yea, without getting into too much detail. I understand where you are coming from plain and simple.

You are not alone, people like us are just far and in between. Gorrillaz amongst many other musical artist speak about truth and knowledge, while others are put in place to distract us (I wont begin naming them because I am sure you have a good idea as to who they are). I'm not sure what the future holds, but I can tell you there is music out there, that instead of distracting talks about real events past, present and future, that holds more water then there "L" shaped pools on a hill in california.

Peace brother

PS. you may find this thread interesting. I like to build threads that are like puzzles, you know to make people think AND have them apply their own personal beliefs. I think it is a good way to create discussion, though most dont have time to take the trip down the rabbit hole. If you do have a few minutes, I would take the time to feed your head.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanna

Ha Vanna should your cat be grungy, missing a tooth, and smoking a cig?

I wonder what Murdoc would say..

Gorrillaz fans are diverse and I think it is due to the range Albarn is able to put in his music.

I like Rhinestone Eyes. I think the lyrics are part about how Murdoc has trapped 2D on the island to make music for him and another part talking about tptb and their control over us. I think "plastic beach" is representative of society and the "gargoyles" are the guardians to the tptb, which are unseen. So I guess the gargoyles would be gov't and gov't agencies. What was your interpretation?

edit on 16-11-2011 by ImmortalThought because: respond to later comment

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenObserver

Ahhh The Fall is a great album, but I HIGHLY disagree with you about Plastic Beach. That album is a triumph for music of the times, pure electro-pop gold. Try listening to it with headphones on maybe?

I might just do that. People seem to take a liking to it. Music doesnt always sound great the first time around, but if you give it a second chance its funny how you hear it in a new.

G2 love music

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Hadn't heard either of these songs. FM was funktastic with some cool jazz and sweet lyrics. The other video made mention of a few other Gorrillaz songs and then a song created by Albarn, but not under the Gorrillaz name... I'm talking about "Green Fields" its under his other band "the good, the bad, and the queen."

Another great song by Albarn

top topics

<< 1   >>

join