It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Heard the Gorrillaz "The Fall" album?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
If you haven't, but like the Gorillaz you should.

"The Fall is the album that 2D wrote by himself and supposedly did not tell Murdoc. He is depressed because he's trapped under the sea on the Plastic Beach, and basically misses Russell, Noodle, and his music freedom."

Also, if you enjoy trying to disect the music for its symbolism. This album has pleanty of it. And the sound is 10x better the 'Plastic Beach" which was a poop IMHO.

I'll add few videos with the lyrics and you can decide for yourself...

------------------------------------------------------------

Revolving doors, what have I done?
Someone on the TV, tipping low
Revolving doors, what will I become?
And red-neck song
You payed up for a seven
But he only got an eight, now, now
I feel that I'm paused
By all the Pills, I seem to run in
On a foggy day
(Revolving door from London to a foggy day in Boston)

I sit in a diner, and The Beatles play
I payed up for a seven, but I only got an eight, so eight
Oh now!
I feel I'm paused
By all the pills, I seem to run out here

Revolving doors, stole me on the Eastern sea board
He got silver up his night
He payed up for three, but got only two
And he said "Seems I was born for this. Seems I was born to this."
Revolving doors
Revolving doors

-IT
edit on 15-11-2011 by ImmortalThought because: links

edit on 15-11-2011 by ImmortalThought because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

It Is TheDawn
Time has shifted
Mountains
Bloom
The air is thinner
(repeat all)
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Fact: Damon Albern created this album using his iPad.

Fact: Music is a Tool to unlocking the mind's secrets.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
So Gorrillaz what does the future hold for us?

California
an ocean now I come again before you
all alone with you
in the slipping of the sun

set on dreamers

repeats the faithful ones again
like water of the mountains that
it's the slipping of the sun...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
What didn't you like about plastic peach? I thought It was a great album. I'm a huge gorillaz fan and that's my favorite album of there.

Going to check out The Fall now.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I have Demon Days signed by Albarn when I went to the Demon Days live concert. I love his music. Been a fan since the days of Blur.
edit on 15-11-2011 by MrMaybeNot because: (no reason given)

link   
I AM A HUGE GORILLAZ FAN. I have a sweet little fluffy cat named Murdoc....he is 6 years old so I am no bandwagon fan. Plastic Beach WAS a poop! Not enought GORILLAZ, it was all guests and rap! My favorite *BY FAR* is Demon Days. I will definitely be checking this album out!!

Their words are incredible. My husband looked at the words to "Dirty Harry" and usually he would say something along the lines of "That's stupid. They don't know what war is if it slapped em in the face" and he said "Holy crap. I could have written that while deployed."

Gorillaz are absolutely amazing and I cannot sing their praises enough.

link   
big fat dislike...out of pure jealousy

Originally posted by MrMaybeNot
I have Demon Days signed by Albarn when I went to the Demon Days live concert. I love his music.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Reptius

I felt they got to experimental at times? Not every song is beat, but some of them just dont line up next to D- Sides. Some of the Plastic Beach just sounded lose and not as well put together as their other albums.

But dont get me wrong Gorrillaz is the #.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanna
I AM A HUGE GORILLAZ FAN. I have a sweet little fluffy cat named Murdoc....he is 6 years old so I am no bandwagon fan. Plastic Beach WAS a poop! Not enought GORILLAZ, it was all guests and rap! My favorite *BY FAR* is Demon Days. I will definitely be checking this album out!!

Their words are incredible. My husband looked at the words to "Dirty Harry" and usually he would say something along the lines of "That's stupid. They don't know what war is if it slapped em in the face" and he said "Holy crap. I could have written that while deployed."

Gorillaz are absolutely amazing and I cannot sing their praises enough.

I guess that's where we differ. I always loved the GORILLAZ when they were mixed with rap. I also liked most of the guest on the album. I think Lou Reed's vocals on some kind of nature were some of the best I've heard and of course bobby womack on Stylo is also awesome because bobby womack in general is pretty awesome. Loved the opening to Jackie Brown. Infact I have to say as much I enjoyed the Gorillaz before plastic beach I think my favorite two songs of there come from that album Some kind of nature and superfast jelly fish.

My only real complain is that jelly fish is a bit to short for my taste but I still love it.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I was amazed when I learned that "Every Planet We Reach is Dead" is actually about his relations with woman, makes you wonder.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanna

Ha you named you cat Murdoc! Good stuff. Dirty Harry is another good one.

Could he write this?

Once upon a time at the foot of a great mountain,
there was a town where the people known as Happyfolk lived,
their very existence a mystery to the rest of the world,
obscured as it was by great clouds.
Here they played out their peaceful lives,
innocent of the litany of excess and violence that was growing in the world below.
To live in harmony with the spirit of the mountain called Monkey was enough.
Then one day Strangefolk arrived in the town.
They came in camouflage, hidden behind dark glasses, but no one noticed them: they only saw shadows.
You see, without the Truth of the Eyes, the Happyfolk were blind.

Falling out of aeroplanes and hiding out in holes
Waiting for the sunset to come, people going home
Jump out from behind them and shoot them in the head
Now everybody dancing the dance of the dead,
the dance of the dead,
the dance of the dead

In time, Strangefolk found their way into the higher reaches of the mountain,
and it was there that they found the caves of unimaginable Sincerity and Beauty.
By chance, they stumbled upon the Place Where All Good Souls Come to Rest.
The Strangefolk, they coveted the jewels in these caves above all things,
and soon they began to mine the mountain, its rich seam fueling the chaos of their own world.
Meanwhile, down in the town, the Happyfolk slept restlessly,
their dreams invaded by shadowy figures digging away at their souls.
Every day, people would wake and stare at the mountain.
Why was it bringing darkness into their lives?
And as the Strangefolk mined deeper and deeper into the mountain,
holes began to appear, bringing with them a cold and bitter wind that chilled the very soul of the monkey.
For the first time, the Happyfolk felt fearful for they knew that soon the Monkey would stir from its deep sleep.
And then came a sound. Distant first, it grew into castrophany so immense it could be heard far away in space.
There were no screams. There was no time.
The mountain called Monkey had spoken.
There was only fire.
And then, nothing.

O little town in U.S.A, your time has come to see
There's nothing you believe you want
But where were you when it all came down on me?
Did you call me now?

------------------------

Got to give it to him for being able to tell a story.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I was amazed when I learned that "Every Planet We Reach is Dead" is actually about his relations with woman, makes you wonder.

Really? I find it pretty straight forward. My interpretation is he is bored of the girl he is with, but still in love. I know what he feels (if that is how it was meant to read).

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ImmortalThought

I agree with that meaning until I read that title again, what if the "planets" are the womans and he's having difficulties because they all seem blinded from the truth of life? I'm maybe too deep into this
Anyways, Demon Days live at Appolo, NY was surreal. The first time ever I felt like the music played live was way better than the one on the album. Every sound was played by live artists instead of a talentless singer (with auto-tune, or lip-syncing) over a soundtrack from talentless actors.

I'm getting a little off topic here but it's funny how today you can compare some commercial "artists" to politicians, songs are made for them, lyrics written for them, beats produced for them. They're just the spokespeople of a bigger machine. I appreciate the authenticity in Damon's music in a world of fakeness.

edit: added more things and didn't feel like double posting

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I agree with that meaning until I read that title again, what if the "planets" are the womans and he's having difficulties because they all seem blinded from the truth of life? I'm maybe too deep into this

Ah alright I see where you are coming from. Yea could be so, it is difficult to find a womans who has a real interest into truth of the world. The planets are dead because they have not awakened to the reality as to what is happening on and around them. Am I getting what you mean?

Maybe they are dead because we are observing them as dead?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

This is my first attempt at uploading a pic, let's see how it goes.
This is Murdoc...definitely NOT dark and scary...he's actually a pretty big weenie (which makes it funnier IMO)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

True story, my 2 year old fell asleep to Demon Days for a very long time...when we go on road trips, he would ask for "monkey" and I would play "Fire Coming out of a Monkey's Head" and he was insta-snooze.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
errr....sorry about the huge pic. And don't mind some of the books on the bookshelf. The astrology books are not related to the cook books, it's perfectly safe to eat at my house!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I probably think about this specific meaning because that's how I feel nowadays. I'm 23, very good looking guy, had some good relationships with girls but it seems that my mindset or whatever you call it has changed so much recently that I can't enjoy most relations as much as I used to. I feel forced to do things I hate, act and talk like people I hate, enjoy life like everything is cool.

I'm not saying that all woman are like this but sadly, the ones that I seem to be physically attracted to or the ones physically attracted to me, are all living in a perfect world where everything is fine, you shouldn't worry about any real issues because "you can't do nothing about it", and their world is so vivid and believable that they can enjoy this way of life, I'm not judging anyone, because I used to be like this, I enjoyed doing normal things, going to the theater, going in clubs and whatnot.

Today is different though, I feel like my generation and the one after is doomed. I can't process the thought of having children's in todays world. When I reach 65 years old, we will be in 2053. I don't know how you envision 2053, but if I compare how the world is today, compared to 15 years ago, 2053 doesn't look good in my head people are scotched to their cellphones, Facebook, they don't talk at each other, can't stare in each others eyes and smile, did you actually remember that people used to actually speak to strangers for the most random questions or discussions? Now if I decide to have children's in the next 7 years, these human beings will have to enjoy life on this planet from 2018 up to around the end of the century. Younger me was very optimistic about life, I loved change & progress, I thought that the people running this world were caring & smart, doing the best to defend "us", I believed that the wars were fought against evil people and I loved to think about the future. Today all I see is chaos, and disconnected people.

So maybe the question is, once you know about all of these things discussed on this website, once you understand a little more how this world really works, how do you get back to enjoying all of these fake things people seems to actually "live for". I've been single for a about two years now. I enjoy being alone because I can be myself with no one judging what I think. Had no sex in the last year or so. Went to the doctor, after my mother (who lives a lie, probably because she can't handle what the truth means for the ones she loves) convinced me that I was depressed and needed help. He gave me antidepressants, took them for about 8 months. At this point I don't know if I was still able to get any emotions at all... Everything was faded. So I stopped taking the pills, that was around the time I really started to get interested in what was really going on in this world. Everything is a big scam, my step-brother is 18 years old, just recently he started to ask questions about important things going on in the world, guess what? They just tried to subscribe him to antidepressants, he's a perfectly normal 18 year old guy, he just starts to see how much bull# we're fed everyday and I guess happiness is not the usual reaction to this life changing discovery... These pills make you sterile over time, there's been tons of topics on this and research by universities. Regardless of this, they're now being fed to millions of people. I predict more people awaking to the truth, or a part of it. I predict more "depressed" people. Wonder if these two things are linked?

One day I hope I'll find the other me somewhere.

What will I look like at 45 years old if I'm 23 today? The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind...

Now back to the topic, I connect deeply with most of Gorillaz songs and to me it seems that Albarn was able to convert all this sadness and desperation and convert it into beautiful, creative, authentic music.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Because there was an error with the song labeling on grooveshark, I though these songs were apart of the album:

And I thought the album was decent, but then I realized those songs weren't a part of the album, and now I think it's just ok.
edit on 15-11-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join