It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Sheriffs Rise Up Against Federal Government: Sheriff Threatens Feds With SWAT Team

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+91 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

As more people became dissatisfied with federal government controls and land grabs, it was inevitable that local law enforcement would eventually see the bigger picture. At the northern California fairgrounds of Yreka last month, seven California sheriffs and another from Oregon gathered with a large group of citizens to say that they are finally going to do something about it. “A giant has been awakened,” said Plumas County, Calif. Sheriff Greg Hagwood, “and they didn’t count on that,” speaking of the federal bureaucracy.

“I had spent a good part of my life enforcing the penal code, but not understanding my oath of office,” he told the audience. “I was ignorant and naïve, but now I know of the assault against our people by the federal government.”

Read more

Source

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread

edit on 1/11/2012 by Mirthful Me because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
If this is true, things are about to get very interesting the coming months. I wonder if this will spark up other local law enforcements to do the same in other states. None the less, if this news is true, then the movement is rapidly gaining momentum as more people awaken to the corruption.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
i've been to Yreka, they seriously have fairgrounds? lol it didn't look big enough to me, there was like 2 roads when I was there.

anyways, I really hope so, this is the catalyst people need to feel empowered about taking over whats rightfully theirs.
the government has lost it's legitamacy.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

This is potentially the most beautiful thing ever. I have wondered time and time again after watching vids of Occupy movements... why can't cops ever wake up? I agree that they are necessary in enforcing law in many cases, but many other times they are there merely to exert power. I always wondered that out of the thousands of cops deployed in the country for the Occupy movements... why are there practically zero that are actually in the protest?

Maybe he will become followed by others. This is a good sign my friends.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
This is wonderful. I don't believe that the majority of the police have ever been against us.
They're only doing their jobs, but at a certain point you know when you cross the line between right and wrong, and you stand up for what you believe in.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
This is a very important step in my opinion, this could be HUGE! It could directly influence a lot of local departments, and make them consider their options for the future. Good find OP

Sadly, I don't see any signs of this locally, as all of our police force are out generating revenue.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Lets hope an oath of office movement really takes hold. If they go back on thier oath then whats left for humanity but the death and destruction of the people.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This would make a pretty rockin' novel.

Local departments accepting federal funds and training for years seemingly militarizing themselves in the eyes of lord fed only to turn their federal funds sharpened teeth back at the beast.

But then inevitable one side will come out victorious. Will the local departments relinquish power to the people or will we get a militant power platform like what is emerging in Egypt?

That's a whole series of books right there. Somebody write them and give me 30% for collaboration.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

The duly elected sheriff of a county is the highest law enforcement official within a county. He has law enforcement powers that exceed that of any other state or federal official.

This is settled law that most people are not aware of.
newworldorderreport.com...

Court Judges are well aware of this little tidbit as well, but will never tell you.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The Police take an oath to protect us from criminals...

This is exactly the time to do so.

Great to see.

Peace

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Guess we know who will be commiting suicide or death by natural causes soon......

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Not entirely accurate:

Police have no responsibility to protect individuals

Police have no legal duty to respond and prevent crime or protect the victim. There have BEEN OVER 10 various supreme and state court cases the individual has never won. Notably, the Supreme Court STATED about the responsibility of police for the security of your family and loved ones is "You, and only you, are responsible for your security and the security of your family and loved ones. That was the essence of a U.S. Supreme Court decision in the early 1980's when they ruled that the police do not have a duty to protect you as an individual, but to protect society as a whole."

"It is well-settled fact of American law that the police have no legal duty to protect any individual citizen from crime, even if the citizen has received death threats and the police have negligently failed to provide protection."
www.freerepublic.com...

A common mistake. One would think they are obligated to protect you, but in fact they are not.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Originally posted by jude11

Not entirely accurate:

"You, and only you, are responsible for your security and the security of your family and loved ones."

A common mistake. One would think they are obligated to protect you, but in fact they are not.

I can see your point here. And I agree.

I also see the fine line as well. If they are protecting society as a whole then that would mean that any criminal acts towards society makes it their duty to step in.

Splitting hairs I know but sounds right to me...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Considering that we are dealing with the NWO it would be wise to withhold judgement regarding events that look like a positive step in the right direction. The NWO, which is really a very old system of control, is very effective in herding people by luring them with a stick disguised as a carrot.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It also sounds a lot like their true loyalty is to those who define the order, the elite. And this is the truth. Police are freemasons and that is a brotherhood of satan. So don't dare upset the order by pointing out the abuses of the system or you might find yourself up against fellows who view you as a threat to their way of life.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The Fed has no power over Sheriffs. When they start dropping like flies under a hail of bullets they will understand.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Court Judges are well aware of this little tidbit as well, but will never tell you.

If it's settled law, I'm sure you can find a legal reference for it. Something a little more credible than newworldorderreport.com and its imaginary court decision that even the judge involved has debunked.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

If it's settled law, I'm sure you can find a legal reference for it. Something a little more credible than newworldorderreport.com and its imaginary court decision that even the judge involved has debunked.

Sorry, but it is true.

The U.S. Supreme Court has Ruled
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by RussianScientists
THE U.S. SUPREME COURT HAS RULED.
The “supremacy clause” is dealt with in Mack/Printz, in which the U.S. Supreme Court stated once and for all, that the only thing “supreme” is the Constitution itself. Where by the powers, the Sheriff reigns supreme above the president.

“the duly elected sheriff of a county is the highest law enforcement official within a county and has law enforcement powers EXCEEDING that of any other state OR federal official.”

Guess what else? The District Court ruled in favor of the sheriffs. In fact, they stated, Wyoming is a sovereign state and the duly elected sheriff of a county is the highest law enforcement official within a county and has law enforcement powers exceeding that of any other state or federal official.” Go back and re-read this quote.

politicalvelcraft.org...

Do any of you realize what this means?

If you the citizens elect into your county, any county in the USA, a person to become the sheriff of your county, that sheriff has the right to "NOT" allow the TSA, the FBI, the ATF or any other Federal Officials to do things within your county that you the citizens don't like. I think its time that you search out such officials and to start electing them the sheriff and regain your citizens rights.

For instance in any state USA, if the Sheriff doesn't like TSA agents and their BS illegal body searches, then they will have to stay out of the county.

For instance in California, the State of California has legalized the growing of pot, therefore if any Sheriff in California tells the feds to stay out of their county, they will have to stay out of their county.

(Case No. 2:96-cv-099-J (2006)) and announced that all federal officials are forbidden to enter his county without his prior approval ……
For more than two years, all federal agents entering Bighorn County, Wyo., have been required to check in with sheriff Dave Mattis and state their intentions.

Sheriffs Put Feds In Their Place.
ONE THAT JUST HAPPENED IN NEW MEXICO!
Obama’s Federal Stooges Beginning To Understand The Power Of Sheriffs: Sheriff Warns Federal Agents They Will Be Arrested If They Interfere!

What I'm trying to get to here, is simply this. America needs to be taken back by the citizens of the USA and here is a LEGAL WAY to take back America in a non confrontational manner. Simply elect a sheriff into your county that will get rid of federal officials that are not protecting the citizens of the USA in a manner that the citizens don't want to be protected.

The sheriff of your county is your friend, he has more rights than the feds have.

The Sheriff Has More Power In His County Than The President Of The United States: U.S. Constitution U.S. Supreme Court ~ Quashes Obama’s Claim To “Supremacy Clause”

A new bill has been introduced in the Montana State Legislature which require the County Sheriff be notified before any federal agents are allowed to enter the state with the intention of carrying out law enforcement actions. The bill provides not only for pre-notification, but the Sheriff must also give consent before federal agents may proceed.

If you want to take back America, take it back legally without destroying any of it, this can be done by putting the right person in "EACH SHERIFFS OFFICE" in "EACH COUNTY" in AMERICA. Let the elected Sheriff of each county take it back.

THROW THE FEDS OUT OF YOUR STATE NOW!
Date: Monday, 4 July 2005, 10:38 p.m.

THE COURTS HAVE SPOKEN! “Any legislation including the Patriot Acts which attempts to compel State Officers to execute Federal Law is unconstitutional. Further, any federal investigational liberties can be forbidden by the States’ highest law enforcement officer. Finally, any attempts by a federal agency to coerce compliance to such liberties can be grounds for arrest of any of their agents who do not comply with the directions of that officer.”

politicalvelcraft.org...
ed it on 25-10-2011 by RussianScientists because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
A sheriff is an elected position and the sheriff works for the people.
A sheriff should not be confused with city police are not elected and work for the city (obviously).

Here is another great example of a local sheriff standing up to the feds.

New Mexico just proved that State law trumps unconstitutional federal regulations and that the power of the sheriff is superior over federal agencies. This is the power of the Tenth Amendment! Ten years ago, when Libertarian presidential candidate Gary Johnson was Governor of New Mexico, he signed into law a bill authorizing New Mexico to cut trees and thin overgrown forests that can prevent uncontrollable wildfires. This law applies to federal lands when federal agencies neglect or mismanage forests and put lives at risk. Otero County decided to put the State law to thin out the forests to the test and notified the feds. The US Forest Service threatened to ARREST Congressman Steve Pearce and Otero County Commissioners! Otero County Sheriff Benny House reportedly advised the feds that if they made any arrests, he would then arrest the feds on kidnapping charges. On September 17th, keeping his Oath of Office to the Constitution and the People, Sheriff Benny House and his SWAT Team protected the tree cutters. The feds backed down! The feds were absent from the Tree Party Rebellion. This is because within the county, the sheriff is the highest law enforcement authority in the land.
blog.tenthamendmentcenter.com...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join