It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allow me to tell you why I have no religion

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
God(s) did not cut my umbilical cord from my mother.

God(s) did not help me tie my shoes.

God(s) did not pick me up after school everyday when I was a kid.

God(s) did not get me my first job.

God(s) did not get me my first car.

God(s) did not make me fall in love with a girl who accepts the way I feel.

God(s) will not pay for my college tuition.

God(s) will not get me a job at a major corporation.

God(s) will not get me married.

God(s) will not kill my mother when she grows old.

God(s) will not give me a son nor daughter to raise.

God(s) will not kill me nor my wife when I grow too old.

Let me tell you what God(s) is/are apparently responsible for:

God(s) apparently killed my father when he was shot and robbed on the street.

God(s) apparently killed about half of my family in Jamaica due to violence and corruption.

...that's it.

I have no religion not because I do not believe in it.
It is because I do not need faith.
I do not need hope.
I do not need to pray that I live until tomorrow, nor do I need to thank anyone for the things I have been given except those who have given it to me.
I believe in an omnipresent force that created everything.
I do not believe that that same force is conscious in any way.
My life was given to me by my mother and father. It is my life now. I make it. I am responsible for everything that happens in it. So are you. You are responsible for everything in your life. It is both yours and my fault that everything is happening the way it is.

That is what I make of it. I was raised a Christian. I became a Buddhist. I now have no tag, no player ID, no avatar to represent me. I represent myself.

I have no religion.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
So all religions must have a God now? Pretty naive comment, coming from a so called Buddhist. In fact, why even label yourself a Buddhist if you just stated you had no "tags" or "avatar"?

Just my thoughts/opinion on your post. Not trying to argue.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

As long as you believe in something

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Wallowing in bitterness with no faith, hope and love makes for a sad existence! Some deep self reflection sounds like it might do you some good about now.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
God uses tools to do things. 1 tool is your mother. Do you ever have a notion to do something nice for someone just because you can? Guess what! You're a tool of His too!
If you really want God to talk to you, you're going to have to do it on His terms. Fasting for a couple days will open the door if you really want your eyes opened.
edit on 15-11-2011 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Question... If everything we see around us is created like homes, cars, tvs, cell phones and even the computer you type on, why are you so quick to discount a "Bara Esh YA" in english: "The Creator of the Explosion is YA" aka the book of Genesis.

I can understand not approving of the killing and hurt and pain and lies that religion has thrust upon the world by way of the twisted scriptures they pawn but beyond that, how can you possibly think that something so intricate and so perfect as the Universe and this planet did not have a creator?

Just curious...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Who was asking?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
As long as you believe in any way, that there is something greater than us (you can find that for yourself, im still searching kinda, but i know what im doing). I have faith that there is more to life than meets the eye. Just believe in a higher conciousness, and you'll do fine.
Astral projection is awesome,
I have no religion either, heh, i kinda just go with it and have concocted my own beliefs. Gotta customize it to meet your needs

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Wallowing in bitterness with no faith, hope and love makes for a sad existence!

Wow, I think you might be projecting your own prejudices onto the OP. I see nothing bitter or sad about his statement at all. He clearly has done some reflection, and came to the conclusion that, god or no god, maybe we should live this life to the fullest? Why thank some esoteric notion that might be there, when the person who actually provided you with whatever you are thankful for, is right there in front of you?

Beyond that, he event stated he believes in an omnipresent "creator"

So, just because his personal beliefs don't fall 100% in line with yours, he's a bitter faithless hopeless person?

HAH

If anyone wanted to know why I don't prescribe to any religions, that persons attitude is it right there. i don't need to feel better than someone else, and I feel no need to judge others.
edit on 15-11-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
Wallowing in bitterness with no faith, hope and love makes for a sad existence! Some deep self reflection sounds like it might do you some good about now.

I have love. Did you not read?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
Who was asking?

No one. I never asked for replies

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by YAHUWAH SAVES
reply to post by mr10k

Question... If everything we see around us is created like homes, cars, tvs, cell phones and even the computer you type on, why are you so quick to discount a "Bara Esh YA" in english: "The Creator of the Explosion is YA" aka the book of Genesis.

I can understand not approving of the killing and hurt and pain and lies that religion has thrust upon the world by way of the twisted scriptures they pawn but beyond that, how can you possibly think that something so intricate and so perfect as the Universe and this planet did not have a creator?

Just curious...

Read the thing again. Did you not see the part where I say I believe there is a force that created all of this?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
God uses tools to do things. 1 tool is your mother. Do you ever have a notion to do something nice for someone just because you can? Guess what! You're a tool of His too!
If you really want God to talk to you, you're going to have to do it on His terms. Fasting for a couple days will open the door if you really want your eyes opened.
edit on 15-11-2011 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

I have a notion because it is the right thing to do. If I had a notion because someone else made me, that must I must be a pretty heartless human being who needs to have someone love for him.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I was born and raised Catholic, but given the opportunity and tools to sort of figure it out for myself.
I tend to think of all religion as organized superstition, but for me personally, I've always believed
in and felt the presence of God in my life. It's not for everyone, but it works for me

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

You admit you do believe in a "God"...and you only attribute the negative things in your life to him. All positive things in your life are the cause of humans...but all negative is the cause of God.

I just find that an odd point of view.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unown
So all religions must have a God now? Pretty naive comment, coming from a so called Buddhist. In fact, why even label yourself a Buddhist if you just stated you had no "tags" or "avatar"?

Just my thoughts/opinion on your post. Not trying to argue.

I became a Buddhist, I now HAVE NO TAG. Oh my, did none of you actually read the thing? Why comment if you didn't read it correctly.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by mr10k

You admit you do believe in a "God"...and you only attribute the negative things in your life to him. All positive things in your life are the cause of humans...but all negative is the cause of God.

You didn't read it either did you? I said "God APPARENTLY HAS TO BE BLAMED FOR". I do not believe in a "God" or "Gods and Goddesses". I DO believe that something created all this, or somethings created another thing that created all of this, but I don't believe that it is conscious nor do I believe that I must faith in that force. I.E like an element. Something that caused the creation of all this. Not some entity that created all this with his will

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

reply to post by mr10k

I always found that odd too. Also how some people are so quick to blame God for everything that is wrong in the world and yet be the first ones to ask for his help when they need it.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Everyone has faith and/or hope in something or someone. Even you. Whether it be god, science, your girlfriend, or yourself.

And you should be thanking the "gods"(read elitists) for allowing you to come into this world, and live on their planet. They own it and you as far as their concerned. And it is their system that now runs the doctors who spanked your butt when you were born. It is they who own, and have institutionalized just about everything you mentioned in your OP.

Nevertheless, I applaud your stand for independence and personal responsibility. S&F.

ETA: I find this an interesting statement:

I do not believe that that same force is conscious in any way.

Have you read a thread recently by Noreaster? You might find it interesting. www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 11/15/2011 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl

reply to post by mr10k

I always found that odd too. Also how some people are so quick to blame God for everything that is wrong in the world and yet be the first ones to ask for his help when they need it.

When I meant God killed my father etc. I mean the person who killed my father was a psychopath who was "driven by god" to kill him. At least that's what was told to us by the police / detectives (or whatever). I did not intend to mean God killed my father directly

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join