It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge orders NYPD that they cannot evict the protestors from Zuccotti Park!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
In a surprise move Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Lucy Billings has issued an injunction blocking the NYPD from evicting the protestors out of Zuccotti Park :

www.nydailynews.com...

Take that SCUM, take that Wall Street, take that Federal Reserve as "The people united will never be defeated!".

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
hahaha, take that OWS bashers! The global revolution will succeed!

occupywallst.org...

Oh, the Noverber 17th wall street invasion will be good..
edit on 15-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Sooooo, Who get's to sort through the dump trucks to get them their tents and stuff back???

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Awesome!

link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
In a surprise move Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Lucy Billings has issued an injunction blocking the NYPD from evicting the protestors out of Zuccotti Park

Actually, all that's been done at the this point is merely a temporary stay on the order of eviction, until such time that the New York State Supreme Court holds a hearing to discuss the matter later this morning.

11 o'clock or so is supposedly when that is to take place.

link   
reply to post by NoNameBrand

This injunction orders that the dump trucks to be reloaded and driven back to Zuccotti so that the people can recollect their stuff!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

‎"Hours after baton-wielding cops cleared Occupy Wall Street protesters and their tents out of Zuccotti Park, a judge signed a order Tuesday saying the demonstrators can return with their stuff."

But in a case of one-upsmanship, lawyers for Occupy Wall Street got a judge to sign an order at 6:30 a.m. that explicitly said they should be allowed in the park with “tents and other property.”
Hell yeah! I applaud this judge for actually upholding our Constitution/Bill of Rights.

Here's what Bloomberg said:

“The final decision to act was mine, and mine alone," he said at a press conference. “Inaction was not an option.”
Douche.

I feel bad for this guy:

“That was my home,” said Shane Stoops, 23, an occupier from Seattle who said he had been at Zuccotti since the dawn of the protest Sept. 17.

“You see all those garbage trucks? That’s where I live now. They took my life, all my clothes, my four-man tent and mattress, all of my books and three years of drawings.”

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Understandably but the next highest court is New York County Court is where this will go next before it goes up to NYS Supreme Court in Albany.NY County Court is in the neighbourhood of Zuccotti and The WTC. They can always go to NYS Federal Courthouse and get a Federal judge to stop the city and state cold. That's where I would've gone.
edit on 15-11-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

No. It will be heard before the state supreme court later this morning, since the judge that signed the order is a supreme court justice herself.

[ETA]
In other words the national lawyers guild or whomever filed for the injunction apparently went straight to the top, filing it with a state supreme court justice... not a local court
edit on 11/15/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I fail to see what #ting in a street and living like a hobo is going to do to change the system,

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Just a note that, despite the title, the New York Supreme Court is not the highest level here in our fair state.

The Supreme Court Appellate Division is above it, and then at the top is the State of New York Court of Appeals.

Regardless of the outcome of this order you can pretty much be assured that it'll be appealed and appealed.

This will not be resolved today.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Great news! S&F for the find, it brightened up my day. I thank this judge for making the right decision and I truly believe that Bloomberg will have hell to pay for his decision to evict the protestors. I wonder who the next NYC mayor will be?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

“You see all those garbage trucks? That’s where I live now. They took my life, all my clothes, my four-man tent and mattress, all of my books and three years of drawings.”

That guy is probably PISSED. I pray someone gives him a gun for the next time....

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

it does more then doing nothing, it raises awareness. it wakes people up.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

She is the Manhattan Supreme Court Judge who is the Justice for the New York State Supreme Court District Of Manhattan as Djarums pointed out the Supreme Court Appellate Division is one tier above that, NYS Court Of appeals is above that. Judges that "Law & Order : SVU" ADA's Novak, Cabbot and whoever must go to a judge to secure a warrant is usually a District Judge.

NYS's courts are designed more like that of the Federal Gov't then having a typical 3 tiered court system at the local, county and state level!

edit on 15-11-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

yes, but it has to go through her [the state supreme court] for a decision prior to even having the ability of appeal to the appellate court or ultimately the state court of appeals

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

Originally posted by CREAM
That guy is probably PISSED. I pray someone gives him a gun for the next time....

I think a gun is the last thing he needs or wants. Violence is not the answer to this problem or any other and I believe that non-violence is a mainstay of the OWS movement, is it not? What makes you think that every problem can be solved with a gun?

To interject guns into the OWS eviction situation would have only resulted in getting the protestor killed. I could be wrong, but I think the protestor is asking for justice, not death.
edit on 15-11-2011 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
When Americans freedom of peaceful protest has to be judge in court of law, Americas last resemblance of freedom are completely lost, the last resolution for the people is to fight back and I don't mean peacefully.

America has not been free for a long time, once the sleeping fools realized that we are under a dictatorship ruling from Walls street people will understand.

The same dictatorship is now trying to rule over the EU nations.

People have not clue what is going on here in the US and globally.

Pity.
edit on 15-11-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
A contact of mine currently at Zuccotti has said that she can't get in and is being blockaded by NYPD as they are ignoring the order!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
i had posted on a previous thread about how a fence would be put around the park i guess that with it in the courts now the fence will still be there but now its a invisible fence

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join