It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Other video of blue "star" or "planet", what do you think?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by smarterthanyou

That's clearly a lens artifact. Don't you think if there was a giant blue star in the sky, Astronomers with access to better equipment than some guys video camera would have spotted it? Or is there some cover-up conspiracy about a blue-star that's hidden in plain sight?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Did i mention any conspiracy? And we have been lied to before, but one hopes that with so many amateur astronomers of decent skill level, somebody would have either a) posted here directly or b) went straight to youtube with all their facts about camera, lenses, and shot from various angles etc. and the video goes viral
thx for rabble rousing though

edit:and if you read the thread, the guy who shot the video did none of the things i mentioned in part b
edit on 11/15/2011 by smarterthanyou because: (no reason given)

edit2: not to mention the camera operator made no serious attempt to debunk camera artifacts or other types of lens flare, as somebody else mentioned,all he would have to do is put his finger in front of the spot, and if it was still there afterward and hadn't moved or changed shape at all, then it might not be lens flare (i believe thats what they said correct me if im wrong)
edit on 11/15/2011 by smarterthanyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

im big on photography. so i take pictures of everything. here lately, a lot of the sky. i noticed this a couple months ago. i too thought flare, but after looking at a couple it didnt seem like a flare. i never take more than one pic and never from the same stand point but the spot was always in the same position. showed it to a buddy and decided it was nothing. this was a month or two ago. so kinda crazy others are seeing it too and in the exact spot i saw it. whats weird now is all the air activity. i walk out daily and see x's everywhere.night/day straight across the sky. i mean all the time. i like this phrase, which is used a lot on ATS. now ill use it... im just shooting here or
its a shot way left field. with that being said... what if what some people believe about chemtrails is off a litte. as in there intentionally hazing the skies. i read a post here some time ago about it having to with releasing metal particals. which im thinking would probably cause a sort of haze. all speculation to scratch board of course. lol

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Ah putting a finger in front of it just might work. Even taking a decent sized mirror and videotaping the reflection should technically work. I am looking at the video again and again, I see what you are that the sun has that shape as well. when a photo is taken, the depth of field (area that is in focus vs blurry areas further and closer to the focus area) can make lightbulbs take on the shape of the aperature, so if the camera recording is not shooting at infinity (the far end of the focus range) the sun and other planet/star would look like they do. His car hood/roof is in focus so what I suggested might be possible.

Its the best second star vid I have seen yet. I am starting to feel on the fence considering I jumped the gun and condemned it now its almost convincing.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 10111011

I think we should get everyone on ATS with an SLR to take photos of the sun at various times and see what we get. I am willing to do it.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
videos of the sun on youtube...

oh no not again pls

If there is something out there visible next to the sun..it will be there everyday..it will be photographed by amateur astronomers everyday...everything is fine

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Is it possable that the space around the sun acted as an extra lens and amplified heo437? It would explain 1 why it did not move with the ovbious lens flairs, 2 only shows up in camras and video recorders (Unless they claim to be able to see it with the naked eye.) and, 3 why it would not be visible after it's no longer in proximity of the sun.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
It's amazing how often we have to keep repeating ourselves around here......

If there was a rogue planet or star in the Solar System, it would be visible to the entire population of Earth, and gravitational perturbations of the orbits of the planets would have been detected long ago.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
*Sigh* As with all these videos, a finger (or any object) placed between the camera and the sun will magically make the 'blue star' disappear. Funny how they never try this.
edit on 15-11-2011 by oxbow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Warning: "colorful" language

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

thank you, great find

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

I'm glad that simply viewing that video it is available for me to save now from Real Player Downloader. It will save me time from frivolities later I trust.

I'd have done it if I had a proper filter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join