It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Other video of blue "star" or "planet", what do you think?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I didn't see this one until today, but it is very interesting because if you watch the entire video, he moves the camera around and the 2 lens flares at the bottom move with the camera, however the big blue spot next to the sun does not. Just tell me what you think.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by smarterthanyou

Can you explain what Kachina is and the significance it has to planet Earth and her denizens?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I guess I'll just have to repeat myself. Hate to assail this with logic, but.....

You know, it seems rather simple. If this "Blue Star Kachina" can only be seen when it is photographed, then guess what?

Oh, and the only "photographic proof" that will be acceptable is to have more than one camera, and have them be all types and different brands with different lens focal lengths....all from the same location at the same time taking photos.

If all of those images from different cameras show the exact same "Blue Star Kachina", well then....you might have something.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

devils advocate: yes its probably lens flare, however
not alot of people are out looking directly at the sun at all hours of the day. Perhaps it is aligned so that it can only be viewed during certain times of the day from certain locations, my suggestion would be for astronomers and avid photographers and videographers who are interested in doing amateur astronomy and exploration in their spare time to actually skywatch and do some filming. On a sidenote, on History channel's brad meltzer's decoded a prestigious astronomer said that 2 blue stars were ejected from a black hole out of the milky way and collided (somehow) forming a massive blue star. He also said it is now traveling away from the milky way. But how do we know who we can trust... nobody has talked about that event in our solar system whatsoever, not NASA or anybody. I'm just open to possibilities at this point. I suppose it could be the moon, but it looks quite blue to me. You're right, we do need more people to go out and film the sun during the day to see if they can find anything.

edit on 11/15/2011 by smarterthanyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
so im from the phx area... and i stare at the sun for hours a day, no blue star (ps yes staring at the sun causes you to go blind and yes im blind)...

hahahah but really i am from the phx area but i never look up, way to bright,but ill keep my eye up the next couple of days though and ill keep you posted.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by thatshicray

cool. this looks as though it may have been done in the afternoon or evening hours, but who knows. i don't think he gave the time, unfortunately. just a random youtuber who i guess you could say "got lucky" if he actually did capture something special (not saying he did)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

no, im not an expert in that. however if you search "blue star" alot of threads come up, but you're going to have to dig through bs. It has something to do with Hopi prophecy, and from what I can recall some other civilizations have made mention of the blue star in their prophecies too.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Editing my post cus I realized it is infact a video

I still think it is lens flare. There are many layers of elements in a camera so the lens flare can be on one end, lets say the filter, and on the inner tube of the lens beyond 20 or so pieces of glass.

The real proof for me is at 0:37 seconds, you can see the aperature blades around the 'blue star' so unless this star is a shape other than a sphere, ahem, "myth busted"
edit on 15-11-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

ok, so long as you watched the entire video

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
i'm in the southern hemisphere in a bit of a cramped location but i'll try and film the sun tomorrow in 1080p to prove this to be balls. Or make a total moron out of myself, either way is fine.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

You may wish to study some very basic astronomy lessons.

Perhaps it is aligned so that it can only be viewed during certain times of the day from certain locations....

If you simply draw a map of the Solar System on a piece of paper, you will see the logical fallacy there.

Think: If it were actually another star, look at its relative size to our Sun. Now, consider what distance it could be to have that relative size in comparison. The answer? VERY far away....just as the Sun is far away. Now, we get into issues of parallax, because of the distance....and relative motion (which is minimal).

As to the suggestion of amateur astronomers and the like...they are already sky watching...constantly, because somewhere on Earth there is at least one person every second of the day or night looking at the sky.

Even without fancy equipment, you can prove to yourself that there is nothing else shining in the sky, next to the Sun...and with no danger of eye damage. It's the "pinhole method":

Observing the Sun for Yourself

On a sidenote, on History channel's brad meltzer's decoded a prestigious astronomer said that 2 blue stars were ejected from a black hole out of the milky way and collided (somehow) forming a massive blue star. He also said it is now traveling away from the milky way. But how do we know who we can trust...

ANY such event that they described happened a long....long, long, long way away from us. And, by the way....also a LONG time ago, because of the speed of light. Without having seen the show myself (have a link??) it would have been hundreds or thousands of light years away, at the least.

No way, ever, could those objects get anywhere near us in our lifetimes....probably not in the span of the rest of the Human race! (Unless we, as a species, survive for a very long time....millions of years, maybe billions).

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I watched the whole video. The ending was terrible...I don't know what great thing you saw at the end.

The third view of the "blue star" is a lens flare(well they ALL are lens flares but this paragraph is focusing on the third view). It was debunked thoroughly about a month ago. In the other video, the photographer put his finger over the "star" for just a second and it still stayed there. Actually this video that was debunked was a repeat video just to see how gullible people are.
Notice how the photographer in this one didn't do that simple lens flare test?

edit on 15-11-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

i looked what aperture blades, but if you look at the sun, it is emitting light, and it has similar features?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

yes, obviously he didnt know what he was doing or how to debunk lens flare. this is why i appreciate comments. i didn't say this was fullproof i was playing devil's advocate with one of my previous posts. i'm not astrologically/astronomically inclined im a businessperson lol, and amateur meteorologist

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Yes i may wish to study astronomy.

edit: on a sidenote, the earth has gotten 22% dimmer from geo-engineering over the past 15 years and the average cloud cover, whether artificial or natural, has increased as much or more. but there is still enough clear sky out there for astronomers to find things, so yeah. I'm still confused about how a lens flare can remain in position like that with a moving camera, i thought it kept at a relative angle but moved at least somewhat, but you guys know more than i. anyway, thanks for comments.
edit on 11/15/2011 by smarterthanyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

It might help you if you read through this PDF:

manuals.info.apple.com...

link   

Originally posted by smarterthanyou
reply to post by Ghost375

yes, obviously he didnt know what he was doing or how to debunk lens flare. this is why i appreciate comments. i didn't say this was fullproof i was playing devil's advocate with one of my previous posts. i'm not astrologically/astronomically inclined im a businessperson lol, and amateur meteorologist

I appreciate your honesty.
I just want to say that the photographer probably knew exactly what he was doing. Sadly, there are a lot of dishonest people who love to mess with people on the internetz

link   
The reflection on the car doesn't appear correct.

His comment about the flare to the left possibly being a CME made me lol.

That's all I gots.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Doesn't look like a lens flare to me, looks alot like a planet but I'm no expert...

I believe there's some truth to the Hopi prophecy but I would have to see it to believe, or atleast see more pictures and video. If it is a planet it's not going anywhere anytime soon so lots of people will have a chance to document it.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay Electronica

The "lens flare" explanation is sometimes a bit broad in scope.

Consider "internal reflection" as part of the over-all subset of "lens flare". This can be from the arrangement of the interior of the camera, between the lens and the aperture....or, something as simple as a filter layer on the exterior of the lens.

High-end camera lenses, like you see on SLR cameras, have screw-on interchangeable filters of many types.

Lower-priced cameras may have a protective piece of glass or plastic, to keep from scratching the more delicate lens. It all comes down to first -- getting the guy who made that video to tell what brand and model camera he used, and if there are any filters attached.

For general photography, the "internal reflections" issue is minor....it's only when you point the camera at a very, very intense and bright light source, that the problem shows up. You could re-create the "Blue Star" effect with any other very bright light source...an arc welder, or bright spotlight, for instance.

The video maker who posted on YouTube is most likely a hoaxer having fun at others' expense.

Odds are he knows what he's doing, and thinks it's funny in some sick way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join